ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 254 of 279

With a smile I reply, "A room for one - Page 254 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2016 - 5:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 279 pgs.  250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
19th Sep, 2016 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 254

Ignoble says...

As the crowd of beggars approaches and begin to surround the party Mykael's hand instinctively goes to his coin purse to keep it from being snatched. Mykael is unprepared for Zorks response. He was assuming Zork was going to speak with the guards and did not anticipate his companions sudden move for the cellar door, or him tossing coins about. He holds to his coin purse with one hand uses his shield to act as a buffer of sorts between him and the crowd trying not to be taken up in the increasing mass of people. He tries to position his back to the wall in order to keep as many people within his triangle of vision as possible and looks to Theaton, intent on following Theaton's response to the situation.

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2016 - 9:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim

Out of Character: I also find it very unclear if the rider takes damage. It would take effort to ride a steed at speed for hours but I'm not experienced enough to know if it would just be fatigue or non-lethal damage. You already get the added benefit of a mount's speed and it would curb abusing the ability to just keep summoning mounts - but then again that's what was historically done; people would swap out their horse when riding long distances. So, I don't know, but in this case you would heal the non-lethal overnight anyway.

Fort Serenko is the black dot before the bend in the road, if travelling westwards from Restov. The black dot in between is Nivakta's Crossing. I'll try to label them next time I upload the map (I hope I remember). The riders were travelling from N.C. To F.S.

You will reach Nivakta's Crossing in the late afternoon with a few hours of daylight left - just enough to reach Restov. Unless you wish to stop in this village of hunters and fishers for pre-holiday celebrations.

Party

As Zork tosses the coins, he sees that one of the guards had been saying something into the cellar before turning back to look at his new predicament. This indicated two things: The cellar was unlocked, and there may be someone inside. As the coins clink along the dirt road, the beggars turn and give chase.

But for some of your easy to grab items it was a bit too late. While your collective wariness prevented them from taking any coin, they make away with 2 pieces of Mykael's chalk, Theaton's flint and steel, Zork's soap and a bunch rations pilfered from your backpacks.

In the confusion, one of the bodyguards gets knocked over as the other starts shouting at the beggars, “Stop that! You're on our side. Ignore the coins - they'll still be there in a minute. Stop right now! Stop or I'll start knocking you all out - or worse if I feel like it!” He draws his leather sap and begins hitting the beggars swarming around him.

At the same time, Zork dashes over to the cellar door and opens it outwards. Inside it is dark and smells slightly of rot. A roughly hewn stone staircase leads down 15' before levelling out into a corridor. Beyond the first 10' the corridor disappears into darkness. The thug on the ground says, “No wait!” but cannot stop you. From within Zork hears an echoing question, “What's going on out there Bill? Visitors?”

Out of Character: The crowd counts as cover and difficult terrain, but that won't affect your ability to enter the cellar.

21st Sep, 2016 - 10:13am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Zork goes down as though he is expected saying, "Its just me… just me here." He hopes to find the boss… if it is him then he will say, "You know who I am? I am the guy that just passed your guards without a problem. What kind of security is that?"

If it is someone being held prisoner her will attempt to find out what the reason is and how he can help.

Out of Character: Don't worry guys we can get those small items back at some point.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+5): 24 (1 roll)

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2016 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Page 254 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

I will continue riding through to Restov, but friendly greet anyone that interacts with me. Upon reaching Restov, I will seek to secure a room at the Wedded Trout. I recall a guard once telling me that it was located towards the river and piers and was more popular with the older men in charge of town. That would be as good a place as any to start a search for a potential agent of a Swordlord with knowledge of where the others are located - although part of me jokingly thinks I should instead visit the Minuteman Inn, an establishment Zork might prefer.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2016 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton looks at Mykael and shake his head while rolling his eyes. Theaton will follow Zork through the door. If a thug tries to stop him he will shove him backwards. While he hopes to give enough time for Mykael to follow he will try to catch up to Zork.

21st Sep, 2016 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

Looking to ensure the guards are properly distracted by the crowd of beggars Mykael follows Theaton through the doors and tries to catch up to Zork. Seeing Theaton shake his head and roll his eyes Mykael throws him an irritated glance

"Roll your eyes all you want Theaton… a little heads up would've been nice" he mutters indignantly once they are all together "What happened to going in as customers? We better make this quick then, I imagine once the crowd has been dispersed those guards are going to come looking for us."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Sep, 2016 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 254

Game Master says...

Party

Zork heads down the steps and corridor, surrounded by darkness. Theaton sees Zork disappear into the 5-foot wide corridor and follows, with Mykael in tow. The guard fending off the beggars looked to be occupied for a while, but the one on the ground had his bearings and was starting to get up.

Zork follows the narrow, pitch-black corridor at least 25' when he bumps into what seems to be a metal wall. The jingling of chain links and the very faint outline Zork sees reveal it to actually be an armoured person.

She speaks with a tough but distinctly female tone, "There you are! Who is that? Who are you with?"

Out of Character: I'm not sure how Zork would recognise Don Orr, but the peasant did speak of him using male pronouns. And while the perception roll was excellent, the complete darkness negates that since the person wasn't making noise. I will let Zork hear sounds from deeper within when they occur.

Diarmadhim

Reaching the west gate of Restov, there are at least 20 people waiting to get in as the guards thoroughly search everyone and everything. An questions are met with the standard response, "It's routine." Half an hour later, the guards satisfied with your belongings, you ride into town.

The white facade of the building is hard to miss and a large, proud sign proclaims 'Wedded Trout' with a fish in a dress drawn underneath. The large front windows reveal the activity and opulence inside. 3 silver chandeliers burn with candlelight above a long hall filled with 15 tables for 6. Each table is set with a clean, white tablecloth and silver cutlery, or rather, had been before the hall full of patrons began carousing. A white marble counter sits to the right with the male barkeep and female waitresses busily preparing drinks.

As it's getting quite late, the three piece band is playing more popular folk songs and the younger - but no less wealthy - revelers are left behind. A pair of them argue about the conditions of a duel tomorrow. Others talk about the archery contest tomorrow. There are still two tables in the middle of meetings, the older ladies and gentlemen debating. It's quite telling that most of the patrons are humans - there is only one old dwarf lady, one gnome and elf among the crowd.

While looking around, Archival is approached by a young waitress who looks tired but is well-trained as she maintains posture and a smile. "Welcome to the Wedded Trout, sir," She says, "Would you like a warm meal and good drink? We have a good selection of both for you sir. Will you stay, a room for two?"

Out of Character: I was going to ask about stabling, then I remembered Midnight is far away. I assume your steed was dismissed.
I think I have you arriving way to early - but not if you were hustling the whole way and casting two Phantom Steeds. Yeah, let's go with that. Well, now you can mingle with NPC's while the others finish their activity for the 2nd (Which is a Toilday, my mistake).

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2016 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 254

With a smile I reply, "A room for one would be perfect. My friend Caelum has his own sleeping arrangements already set. The meal and a drink sound lovely, thank you. As to the selection, we will have whatever you recommend."

Caelum and I then take our seats and listen to the conversations in companionable silence. Anything I miss, he fills me in on via our telepathic link.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.