ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 31 of 279

"I... I mean nothing," The kobold - Page 31 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Feb, 2015 - 12:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2015 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 31

That is fine for now as Theaton is just going to climb out now.

Out of Character: Rolls for climb unmodified due to strength reduction. 15, 9, 18, 13

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2015 - 11:28am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton turns to escape, the centipedes biting at him. Two manage to injure him (4 damage, 2 Jhod) but their venom oozes out after Theaton tears himself from their grasp. He makes it halfway out, before the centipedes catch up, one of them reaching towards his feet, its forcipules clicking but missing.

Theaton climbs further, the centipede taking the opportunity to bite through the leather boot and inject its toxin (2 damage Theaton +1 dexterity damage, 1 damage Jhod) out of the cramped burrow, his allies' hands pulling him into the orange sky of the sundown.

Theaton must try to resist the poison now in his body, while a centipede rears its ugly head out of the narrow hole that everyone is crowded around. Also, Theaton still has a standard action left this round, before the centipede can react.

Out of Character: I need fortitude saves for the poison (Maximum of 5 rounds). Also Theaton knows centipedes can move and climb at a rate of 40 feet. I assume your three horses would be tied to the tree, just 10 feet away. They move at 35 feet (Maybe up to 40) with the load of a rider and medium gear, Theaton could evade at 50 feet, but Shivas is heavily laden, and Mikmek has to share a horse with someone too. The ivory statuette itself weighs 10 lbs.

I don't want to force you into a specific action, but I'm applying the rules. An I think the choice is obvious here

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 4th Feb, 2015 - 12:04pm

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2015 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Now that Theaton is out of the hole he will do the logical thing and kill the centipede effectively blocking the hole. He will draw and swing his sword at the centipede as it tries to emerge out of the hole.

Attack rolls: 17, 5, 9, 18 all unmodified.

Damage rolls: 8, 2, 4, 6

Resist poison throws: 16, 11, 13, 8, 14

5th Feb, 2015 - 4:17am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 31 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

The sword cracks right through the centipede's head, and it goes limp as its body stats to slide down the hole. Just a few seconds later the clicking of another one climbing forces everyone to ready their weapons against the imminent threat.

When it rears its head, a flurry of sword, scimitar, axe and spear assault it. Shivas slices the head section clean off with her scimitar, the others are taken aback, waiting for the next centipede, which promptly pushes the other ones corpse out of the hole. The new centipede is proptly killed by Jhod's axe and Mikmek's spear, its corpse also falls to the bottom of the burrow with a sickening crunch.

The shill cries of angry mites rise up through the hole as two darts fly out of the burrow hole, hopelessly missing everyone. A few tense second pass, you hear the mites stop crying and begin squabbling over something.

"How many did you see down there?" Jhod asks Theaton as the foreign argument continues.

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2015 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton tells Jhod, "I did not stick around down there to count them. Lets get the idol back to the Kobolds."

Theaton will start to head back to the secret entrance that we were shown at the start of the latest quest. Theaton will also keep his eyes looking for any of those berries.

6th Feb, 2015 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

As the party untie the horses, mount them and begin to ride off, a shaking mite clambers out of the hole. It shrieks as you ride away and it throws a dart hopelessly after you. As you ride off two more appear, and that's all that come out of the burrow.

(Unless you decide to turn back I'm going to write what would happen.)

The journey back to the kobold cave is dangerous after sunset. Wolves are heard in the far distance and the ground is very uneven. A torch and a Light spell are do not illuminate enough to let you travel fast.

Once clear of the burrow, Mikmek shouts "The heroes rescued Old Shaptooth! Hooray for the heroes! Death to Tartuk! Oops." He claps his hands over his snout after letting out more than he wanted to.

Please roll perception to find the re-camouflaged entrance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2015 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 31

Theaton will stop and look at Mikmek. "What do you mean death to Tartuk? What do we not know?"

Perception check rolled a 17. I think I made it.

8th Feb, 2015 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 31

Game Master says...

"I... I mean nothing," The kobold replies. "Tartuk is good shaman. He protects us from the curse. Old Sharptooth needs sacrifices."

Noticing the answer is not satisfactory, he changes his tone, "Nobody likes Tartuk in tribe. Everyone is scared of curse which turns scales yellow and kills us. While Tartuk holds the sacred statue, no kobold, not even chief, will fight him."

Returning to the area the escape route was, you find that you cannot locate the entrance again. The vines and leaves are thick and even a thorough search yields no result. Tartuk must have covered it so well, not even Mikmek can find it.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.