ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 33 of 279

Theaton misses the chief, and one kobold hits - Page 33 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Feb, 2015 - 12:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2015 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 33

I rolled a 19 with a +1 that gives me a 20.

Theaton will snarl knowing that this Kobold shaman is not very wise at times. Theaton will draw and attack the shaman first as he is the closest with his scimitar.

Attacks: 6, 14, 12, 19, 4, 18 all unmodified. (Did not modify as I am unsure of just how much strength and dexterity that I have back)

Damage: 5, 7, 7, 4, 8, 6 again unmodified.

Sponsored Links:
20th Feb, 2015 - 10:28am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Initiative list:
Chief 20
Theaton 19
Kobolds 17
Tartuk 16
Shivas 15
Jhod 0 (Yes, really, 1-1)

Mikmek becomes lost in the roiling crowd as kobolds either draw weapons or flee the scene. It eventually becomes clear that you three face Tartuk and 6 warriors.

Theaton's initial attack goes wide, allowing the three kobolds on the opposite side of the room to close in and attack, one spear striking through his armour (5 damage). The other three close in on Shivas and Jhod, he gets hit as well (1 damage). Tartuk then takes a quick step away and mumbles an incantation at Theaton; he feels dark thoughts creep into his mind and a rush of adrenaline, but fights off the urge to escape. Shivas and Jhod both agree that it was a Cause Fear, so both try to aid you in your fight, stepping away from the kobolds and casting their own magic. Shivas Blesses and Jhod Shields Other to start, and draw their weapons.

Jhod additionally says, "You still look worn out, do you want me to restore your strength, speed or health?"

Out of Character:
With 3 remaining damage to each of Strength, Dexterity and Constitution, so Strength and Constitution have a 0 modifier, and [Dexterity] a -1. But Shield Other grants +1 AC and +1 to saves, and Bless provides a +1 to attack, damage and saves (Again) as well as a single re-roll on a d20.

So current statistics that are changed are
AC: 15, Flat footed: 10
Initiative: +1 (Got you on that one! That is -1 from Dexterity and +2 from a trait you haven't added yet)
Hit points: 18/18
Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +3
Will: +4

Attack and damage total to be normal rolls while Bless lasts (3 minutes).

Also, I didn't check the XP total when you rested... You have enough to be level 3, do you want to level up now or after the fight?
Also, throw a few Will saves, but I will use the above rolls for attacks.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2015 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I was looking at that you take the fast track to level that would make me level 3 now. I will take now as leveled pre fight. I will post level 3 character sheet for you in character thread.

In Character: Theaton will ask Jhod for health.

Will saves: 10, 5, 18, 13, 17, 18 without bonuses so far so I would a +3 (1 for bless, 1 for shield and 1 for level 3).

Which trait did I miss for the +2 on initiative?

21st Feb, 2015 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 33 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton steps towards the shaman and hits him square in the chest, wounding him (8 damage Tartuk). A lesser kobold would have fallen, and the three that surround you are apprehensive when they strike, with only one hitting (1 damage Theaton, 1 Jhod) then taking flanking positions.
The shaman takes another step back, slowly backing into the cave wall 10 feet behind him. He incants another fear inducing spell which Theaton shakes off, angering the kobold. Tartuk puts the statue down on a stalagmite pedestal, preparing to grab an item from his satchel.
Jhod defensively casts a lesser restoration and walks up to you, his touch restores all your Constitution. Shivas is left to fend for herself.

Theaton again steps towards the caster, but his downward strike bounces off an invisible shield spell. The kobold smiles as he pulls out an orange stone. He speaks the verbal and gestures the somatic components as he completely fades from sight.
The three kobolds all miss, disheartened by the shaman's disappearance. Shivas however is hit once (2 damage Shivas).
Jhod casts a Guidance on Theaton (+1 to one roll next round) as Shivas continues to miss the kobolds.

The sounds of battle stop when all hear a shout from the far entrance to the room. A proud black-scaled kobold stands there, dressed in many red feathers and wearing a lizard skull as a crown.
Many bones decorate him, necklaces, bracelets and weapon, which is a wickedly spiked bone club.

He shouts in Draconic, then translates, "What is going on here?"

Out of Character:: Thanks for that new sheet!

You don't have any Wisdom damage, so your Will should be +5.

One of the trait you chose is Elven Reflexes, for the +2.

Would you like a map of the room? And do you want to keep your rolls for the next 2 rounds?

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2015 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Out of Character: I will keep the rolls that I already made. I am adding in the extra skill point I missed to perception. I can not find the elven reflexes to add in those to my traits if you can repost that.

In Character: With the kobolds stopping with the shout from the newcomer Theaton will swing at one of the kobolds around him. He will then stop and face the newcomer and tell him why they are here and what has happened. Telling him that they would not have attacked the kobolds in this room if they had not attacked us. Besides we consider Mikmek as a friend and one who has aided us as we have aided him.

22nd Feb, 2015 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

The kobold Theaton hits clutches his wound as he yields his weapon and skulks away in defeat.

Rolled Diplomacy for you: 16+4(Shivas and Jhod aid you for +2 each) = 20

The fiery sight of a leering devil face emerges from the ceiling. Its horns and sharp teeth protrude from a molten hole in the ceiling, and match the statue.

A voice similar to Tartuk's erupts angrily from all around you. "The disgusting big folk have defiled his image! Their smooth fingers have marred his statue forever! Old Sharptooth comes to curse us and show his displeasure!"

Bluff: 11+12 = 23

The chieftan's jaw drops in awe at the sight. He plainly says, "Kill the big folk," And raises his club to attack.

He charges at Theaton but misses. He blames the kobold warriors around him and orders them into a flanking position.

What does Theaton do and what does he ask of the two clerics?

Out of Character: I posted the traits in the Character thread. If you could post an updated sheet, that would be great, or you can wait until I get my spreadsheet up to date for exact inventory and XP.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2015 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 33

Theaton will attack the chief and any others while he asks shivas to find and take care of the shaman. He will have Jhod take care of the flankers if possible. Theaton will as Mikmek if he can assist them in anything.

Out of Character: Posted a modified character sheet.

25th Feb, 2015 - 12:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 33

Game Master says...

Theaton misses the chief, and one kobold hits him in response (2 damage Theaton, 1 Jhod). The three others miss Shivas twice and she disengages and begins searching for the shaman in the entrance to the room, arms extended and reaching into the air. Jhod comes in to back Theaton up and also misses.

His cries for Mikmek's help go unnoticed, as the kobold is more concerned about keeping his family safe and is nowhere to be seen.

The chief raises his club and holds it there until he sees a weak spot in Theaton's armor. The club's spikes dig deep into Theaton's right side (4 damage Theaton, 4 Jhod) but this allows an easy counter. Theaton takes it and injures the chief (7 damage Sootscale) but he is obviously a tough kobold.
Two kobolds hurt Theaton (3 damage Theaton, 1 Jhod) and Jhod is stabbed in the cheek and leg (4 damage Jhod, and 1 non-lethal). Jhod reacts badly, missing in his anger, and Shivas uses a light spell to see better and continues the search in vain.

The chief attack roguishly again landing a dirty hit on Theaton's groin (8 damage Theaton, 7 Jhod). Theaton manages to strike the chief's cheek before the delayed pain gets to him (Rolled a critical for you, but only 5 damage to Sootscale). The wounded kobold loses his morale in the face of danger and yields, dropping his club and saying, "No, no! Tartuk made me so it! I'm sorry!"
However the five remaining kobolds do not react in the same manner, fearful of their shaman and his god whom they can now see in person. Somehow their chief's failings make them fight better, as if to prove their worth before their god. Four of them land successful blows (4 damage Theaton, 9 damage Jhod). Jhod is clouded by anger and continues to miss.
At this point, Shivas's hand brushes against something unseen. She immediately shouts, "He's here!" And points to the air a bit further into the cave.

Out of Character: If Theaton disengages, he could reach the shaman and attempt an attack, but take 3 opportunity attacks.

If attacking an invisible target, be sure to roll normal attacks as well as include a percentage d100 with each attack. Perception rolls as well will help locate the shaman.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.