ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 38 of 279

Out of Character: Just to clarify on my rolls - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2015 - 2:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2015 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 38

Theaton will spend all his energy in an attempt to avoid the wisp and its attacks in any. He does not wish to attack a wisp but will if he has too. Theaton will tell the others to not attack with melee weapons as the wisp can cause a good shock to a person with a metal weapon.

Rolls for ride checks with a +1 added for ride skill: 14, 11, 7

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2015 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Initiative list:
Will-o'-wisp 18
Zork 15
Shivas 12
Jhod 11
Theaton 9
Tarak 9
Kesten 9
Maerrun 4

The wisp slams into Theaton, while it hits with no momentum, a powerful shock wracks him and courses through his body (9 damage Theaton)

"Assail that target!" Shouts Kesten as everyone reacts. Zork charges at his target, first to swing his sword at it. It swiftly moves to the side and Zork misses. Zork also has some trouble handling his mount, it clearly has not seen battle before.

Shivas moves and casts a Bless spell on everybody. Jhod is afraid for Zork, and casts Shield Other on him, saying "Let me share your burden." He also moves to heal but Theaton begins to ride away.

Tarak rides in with his greataxe raised high with both hands. With an amazing chop that would have easily felled a lesser foe, the wisp remains floating, almost unfazed (8 damage Wisp). (Out of Character: In fairness, if we were at the table you would have seen this. Jhod rolled a natural 20, then a natural 17 to confirm. A total of 21 missed, making his attack a normal hit.)

Kesten spends most of his turn shouting orders and inspiring everyone to attack. He commands archers to provide cover fire to help those in melee. Finally, Maerrun draws a rapier, charges and attacks, also missing.

The Wisp changes to a sickly green colour, and a vague skull shape forms within, glaring at Tarak. Its deep, evil voice says, "I didn't like that. Take it back!" An arc of lightning shocks Tarak really badly (9 damage).

Out of Character: I only went through 1 round there, since there's a lot to take in. If you want to change your second action go ahead. I will be ignoring the description of missed attacks from here on, and I promise there will be a lot of them.

Zork, please include Ride checks with your next post. By sheer luck I gave everyone a 50% chance to have a combat trained horse, Zork missed out, bad luck.

Bless gives everyone a +1 to attacks, damage and fear saves. Shield Other gives Zork +1 to AC and saves, damage halved.

Kesten used his Assail ability, which gives everybody flanking for the first attack each round, which is a +2 to a melee attack roll, but not damage. Additionally, his Cover Fire ability allows everybody to perform an Aid Another action with ranged attacks as well.

20th Mar, 2015 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Zork starts to insult his horse and immediately dismounts so he doesn't have to concern himself with what the horse does. He continues to attack!

Attack with longsword = 14, 16 (+5)
Damage 5,11 (+4)

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2015 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 38 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton seeing that people are attacking the wisp will head back to assist in the attack using his sword. He will dismount before attacking.

Attack rolls: 7, 12 and 4. I do not think those hit at all so I will not add my bonuses.

22nd Mar, 2015 - 9:00am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I will use Zork's Natural 20 from last turn, which is a critical threat, and I rolled another d20 to confirm for you, which resulted in a 21 to hit, but did not confirm. To confirm a critical your confirmation roll must hit the opponent's AC. Since it didn't confirm, the hit is a normal blow.

In Game:
Zork lands an extremely accurate blow, but as his sword nears the centre of the orb, he feels a force push it away. Zork believes he sliced something but not with his full strength (7 damage Wisp). Shivas rides closer, to heal Theaton and Tarak, not aware that Zork is also hurt (6 healing to all except the wisp). Jhod tries to protect Tarak after the wisp's attack, casting a Protection from Evil spell on him. Kesten continues to shout orders as he closes in to melee, then all the fighters miss the orb as it zips around in the air.

The wisp turns the vague skull shape towards Zork, "You want some too?" It lightly bumps into Zork, but its inner energy discharges sparks everywhere. The pain is dulled as Jhod's spell transfers some to him (4 damage Zork, 4 Jhod).

Shivas heals again (11 healing to all) as Jhod casts a Command spell at the wisp ordering it to "Fall!" It faces Jhod and lets out a deep bellowing laughter saying "Your mortal magic cannot affect me." This time Kesten is the one to get a good blow on the monster. With a strong swing, and a never ending barrage of tactical orders, he injures the wisp deeply (12 damage wisp).

"Oh you will PAY!" The wisp booms as it fires a powerful bolt of blue lightning at Kesten (11 damage Kesten). He shouts in pain but grits his teeth and keeps fighting.

Shivas rides up and heals him with a touch spell instead of a channelling of positive energy (5 healing Kesten). Jhod fires an arrow as cover fire to aid Kesten (Grants a +2). All the fighters miss, and Maerrun begins to lose balance on his horse.

The wisp continues its assault against Kesten who shouts "Come at me!" Defiantly. (8 damage Kesten)

Out of Character: A lot of lucky hits to start, looks like luck is running out. Let's try three attacks per post. If something's unclear, just ask.

22nd Mar, 2015 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Having such a powerful team to aide against the wisp gives Zork plenty of courage, he fights on:

Attack with longsword = 15, 22, 15 (+5)
Damage 7, 13, 13 (+4)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2015 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 38

Theaton continues to attack in hopes that we can put this wisp down.

Attack rolls rolled a 15, 11 and 18 my base melee attack is a +5 so that turns those to 20, 16 and 23. IF any hits since I am not sure how much the illness is effecting my strength.

Damage if hit rolls a 4, 7, and 6 if he has his strength he get a +2 total damage other wise just a +1 from the sword.

23rd Mar, 2015 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

The Second says...

Out of Character: Just to clarify on my rolls I already added the (+5) I'm just showing it there so you know the modifier I'm using.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.