ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 43 of 279

Theaton will take the five cure light wounds - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Apr, 2015 - 2:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2015 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 43

"Feeble old man huh?" Theaton laughs out loud. "We will ride at first light". He turns to Shivas, "Good luck on your adventures if you ever come back out this way look me up if I am still around and we will adventure together again. May your road be gentle and your travels be swift until we meet again." Theaton will give her a hug. "Be safe til we meet again."

Turning back to Zork. "Prepare yourself well tonight and I will see you at first light." He turns and nods towards Jhod and then heads back inside to get a nice meal and a nice night of sleep tonight.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Apr, 2015 - 3:06am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork is glad to see that his loan partner in the next quest is healed and in high spirits. He goes to Oleg's to get a room and then meets Theaton at the appointed time in the morning ready to go. "Where to?"

3rd Apr, 2015 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

As she is about to leave, Shivas suddenly remembers something. She pulls out a tattered book, "Oh! The kobold shaman's journal! I still have the wand as well. I must help you identify the items we got."

Jhod dumps the bags full of things they reclaimed on the bench. Out spill many coins and other objects. The two clerics begin their divination spells and look through the items for any magical objects.

From the kobold cave you received:
589.8 converted gold pieces (Double check this, I only added in my head)
Boots of Elvenkind
Masterwork Light Steel Shield
7 Crossbow Bolts, +1 flaming
Pouch of unknown magical dust
Unknown Wand
Masterwork cold iron sickle
Bracers of armor +1
Svetlana's Ring
Leather armor sized for a small humanoid

As well as the personal journal of shaman Tartuk, which is written in a faux elven script with strange jumbles of letters and a few new symbols. A scroll falls out of the back page and Jhod identifies it.

Scroll of Fly

Shivas asks to take her share of a third of the gold collected, 196.6 gp, as a donation to the church of Sarenrae and for all her work. Jhod mumbles that it would be only fair if the church of Erastil received the same. It's up to Theaton whether or not to split it.

After the identification, division and sale of items, and Shivas' final farewell, Kesten requests an update of the map. He pulls out the centuries old map and compares it to what new features you have drawn. Together you fill in a well drawn new map.

Jhod explains, "The path to the left is the old path that the others took to the bandit's camp, and the right path is where we recently explored.
"The point at the top is obviously Oleg's right here. The next black point down is the cottage of the alchemist..."

"Bokken" Oleg fills in, "Crazy old geezer, but a good man."

"Indeed," Jhod continues "These gaps in the path are where we slept overnight. And to explain the dots, red means a battle was fought, black means a man-made landmark, and brown shows a natural landmark.
"The next point down, this red one on the first path, is where the others fought a giant spider. Down and to the west, is another red point where kobolds were fought and radishes grew. Further left and down is the bandit's camp not far from the river.
"Moving to the east, this brown point is a lightning struck oak, far from other trees, where we spotted a sleeping kobold scout and rested for three days to avoid a storm. That's why I wrote 3d next to it."

"That was a bad one," Kesten says. "I couldn't risk putting men up on the wall, I'm very glad you made it through!"

Jhod adds, "This black point further south is a burnt building and a broken bridge. Further south, this red and brown point is an Old Sycamore tree infested with a mite burrow. And the furthest south red point is the cave where kobolds live."

"Kobolds?" Kesten queries. "You fought them. Did you exterminate them? There is a wanted poster up there for 'ensuring the kobolds aren't a threat to citizens' or something along those lines". (You can check the old wanted posters here: Source 8 )

Out of Character: Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot Theaton's experience for killing Tartuk, overcoming the chief and his guards and finishing the quest to return the now smashed statue! Theaton's share of that should have been 800 XP and then 166 XP for the quest.

And I realised an even bigger mistake, that the guards still had flour to throw when the wisp turned invisible! Don't worry though, it won't become a recurring villain. It probably died of hunger a few days later, but I won't tell you for sure unless your characters somehow find out.

Kntoran, Please tell me what Theaton keeps and sells of the new things, and of his old equipment if applicable. For example I think you want the MW Light Steel Shield, and to sell your old non-masterwork one.

To make things clear, I will only include the most recent path taken, so you will not see these paths on the next map. But the points will still be there. To compare to the original map that you received see: Source 6

You're about 1/4 done for the area in the red box. There's a bit to the north east that needs to be done and about 30 miles across the west border of the image in this post. Then you get your first XP reward for exploration!

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 3rd Apr, 2015 - 1:12pm

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land (Hover)

3rd Apr, 2015 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 43 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork, having some experience but still new to all of this, says, "Where to fearless leader and what role do you want me to play this adventure?"

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2015 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will split all the coins three ways to make sure the gods get their fair share. Theaton will ask Oleg to hold on to his (Theaton's ) share of the gold. Theaton will [ask] for the MW shield and the boots of elvin kind. The rest he will offer to Shivas and Jhod to take what they want. Anything they do not want we sale and split the monies.

Once all of that is done Theaton will see about buying five potions of healing from SvetlAna. Hopefully at a good price for getting her ring back.

Theaton will ask Zork what his specialty I so that he will know where and how best to use his talents. Theaton tells Zork and Jhod tnat they will be headeto the east and north before heading west to fill in that part of the map that is still missing. Then swinging down to fill in some of the blanks we are still missing. Theaton will mount up and once everyone is ready head out heading east to clear the some of blank spots.

5th Apr, 2015 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Master says...

Shivas doesn't want any items, however Oleg can't give a good price for the unidentified dust and wand. She says that she will take those to be identified in the city and all proceeds can go to her church. She also offers to take the journal to translate.

Jhod decides to take the Scroll of Fly and MW Cold Iron sickle, it should be useful against fey, like the mites. The material is their anathema.

The 7 bolts sell for 80 each, the bracers for 500, and the kobold leather amour for 5. Oleg hands over 1065 gold saying, "That's most of my cash at hand. I can't even begin to describe how glad I am to have this ring back. It is with great respect and happiness that I will add 1000 more to your trade credit account."

Svetlana says with a beaming smile, "5 potions will only set you back 250 gold for the Light ones. If you were after Cure Moderate Wounds, they are a hefty 300 each. Your trade credit will just cover 5 of those too if you want, or any combination."

Before you leave, Kesten still wants to know if the kobolds have been cleared out. He wants to know if he can reward you as specified on the wanted poster.

Out of Character: And for returning the ring, another 166 XP to Theaton.

The 3 way split money from the sale will be 355 gp each to Theaton, Shivas and Jhod, and, if you haven't yet written it, 196.6 from the kobolds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Apr, 2015 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 43

The Second says...

Zork replies, "My specialty? Oh well, I'm good with my javelin and sword and I have been known to use a bow quite effectively."

Zork asks for clarity about where he should go and what he should do seeing that all the terrain is new and the mission not fully clear.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2015 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

Theaton will take the five cure light wounds potions and tell Svetlana that yes five more moderate will be good too. Theaton will use most of his trade credit for that. The price for all he feels is fair.

Theaton tells Kesten that the kobolds are not cleaned out and the mites are not either but both are hurting. Once we are better equipped we will go back and finish that job. Right now the Kobolds are not a danger to us.

Theaton turns to Zork. "We are going out in the wilderness where a strong sword and a good shot is very useful. I can not tell you what we may run into but it can something easy like a kobold or two or as big and strong as band of bandits or worse. The fact that we are mapping the area out and clearing it of any hostile creatures means that we need to be prepared for most anything. Are you still game for this adventure?"

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.