ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 55 of 279

Zork is still confused, "Where did that - Page 55 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th May, 2015 - 3:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 279 pgs.  51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
7th May, 2015 - 11:19am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 55

Game Master says...

You explore the western side of the river for the rest of the day and set up camp near the forest. There are a few sparse trees upon a slope which ends in a cliff. Easily defensible and protected from the elements.

Theaton is on third watch when the horizon begins to lighten, indicating the new day. He is watching down the slope for any early morning predators. He does not suspect the huge, black centipede climbing up the cliff behind him. He is very surprised by the whoosh of air as his feet are knocked out from under him, the centipede using its pair of whip-like tails to trip him.

Everyone wakes to the loud clicking mandibles and screech of the giant bug. Roll initiative!

Out of Character: Everyone starts prone and within the creature's 15' reach. Getting up will provoke an attack of opportunity which I have prerolled for ease (Attack: 15, Damage: 11 with a For save required). I can tell you this freely, since Theaton and Jhod fought one in the mite lair. However, over there it was squeezing and taking penalties. Over here it has the advantage.

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2015 - 11:41am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork curses his folly of being caught off guard and gets ready to cut something up.

Out of Character: Initative: (+1) 13
Attack: (Longsword +4): 8,17,6,16,22
Damage: (+3) 7,9,9,4,5,5

Post Date: 8th May, 2015 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Rolled a 15 for initiative +4 makes it a 19. Also Theatons AC is 16 so if the centipede rolled a 15 on AOA it missed Theaton.

In Character: Theaton is using MW long sword, Attack rolls: 11, 3, 17, 20, 12, 15 adding +5 to all those I get 16, 8, 22, 25, 17, and 20.

Damage 4, 7, 5, 16, 7, 2 after adding in my +1 from strength.

10th May, 2015 - 11:22am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 55 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton reacts fast, rolling into a stand while dodging the centipede's bite. He slashes its exposed neck segment (Centipede 4 damage), but the injury doesn't faze it.

In retaliation it bites hard into Theaton and the familiar feel of poison cramps his muscles (16 damage, 2 dexterity damage). Its whip-like tails miss Theaton.

Zork and Jhod get up. It chooses to attack Zork and he takes a hefty hit (12 damage, 2 dexterity damage), but his counter is ineffective.
Jhod channels healing in an area, not affecting the monster (All 4 damage healed).
Theaton's second attack is a complete miss, but he saves against further poison effects.

The centipede lunges straight for Theaton's face (21 damage on a confirmed critical, poison resisted) and everything begins to go black. Its tail lashes out as the other threat, Zork, smacking a leg and tripping him (1 non-lethal).

Zork attempts to get up taking an attack and more poison, (11 damage, 4 Dexterity) his final thrust pierces chitin (Centipede 9 damage) as everything goes black for him too...

Jhod is their only hope, but... What is that blue thing flying towards the fight?

Out of Character: If Theaton chooses to risk death, he has the Diehard feat to continue fighting. He is at -10, but this is not 3.5 edition! You die fully at negative health equal to your Constitution score.
I assumed Zork had another level worth of hit points, so I allowed an extra attack. I advise you to level up soon! Jhod still has a lot of healing left to get you back into the fight.

Post Date: 10th May, 2015 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton uses his die hard skill to get a potion out to help him heal. He will not be doing any combat until he is healed some. Do not what Jhod to heal us right now as that would give attacks of opportunity on him. He can focus on the centipede first.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 10th May, 2015 - 1:01pm

11th May, 2015 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Zork is not the type to give up so he continues the fight against the centipede.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th May, 2015 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 55

Game Master says...

Jhod replies, "It's okay. I am trained to keep focused on combat. The energy comes naturally." He channels positive energy with more vigour (7 healing all). Zork's eyes flutter open and he realises he's on the ground and the combat is still raging.
Theaton steps away from combat and draws his Cure Moderate potion. However the centipede's tail reaches 5 feet further and it slaps him (2 non-lethal Theaton) but fails to trip him.

The centipede goes for the next closest target, Jhod, biting into him deeply (15 damage Jhod).

At that moment, flying from the sky come a blue winged lizard and a small creature with a lady's upper body, but a cricket's abdomen. The cricket-lady points at the campfire which instantly extinguishes in a thick cloud of smoke, affecting only the centipede. It can not see out of the smoky cloud.
The blue lizard also incants a spell and the earth is covered in a thin sheen becoming slippery. The enemy doesn't slip, but it does struggle to move. The two new creatures continue to circle above the fight.

Zork gets up and goes straight back into the fight, but alas doesn't penetrate the armored chitin.
Jhod continues his channeling of life (10 healing all).
While the centipede can't see, Theaton downs the potion and heals himself (9 heal Theaton) before stepping back towards the monster.

The centipede attempts to move out of the smoke cloud but loses its footing on the grease and falls straight down. It struggles, but can't get back up!

The two creatures wait as Jhod casts a Bless from Erastil and the god protects his frontiersmen. Theaton and Zork strike well from either side; their combined attacks injuring the beast (11 damage centipede).

The centipede finally manages to get up, but is still blinded from the smoke.

The blue lizard says in a high pitched voice, "It looks like they can finish from here." The cricket-lady adds, "Thanks for the gold" And points a thumbs up at Jhod. The click their fingers in unison and vanish into thin air.

Jhod casts a guidance allowing to Zork deal a solid blow (6 damage centipede).
Theaton heroically points his sword forward and jumps into the smoke, fading from sight. You hear grunts of effort and shouts of pain, followed by silence. A few seconds later the smoke finally parts. Theaton is standing on top of the centipede's corpse, his sword in its back. In his right hand he holds the feelers of the centipede's severed head, twice the size of his own head, its mandibles still clicking uselessly.

Out of Character: Channeling Energy doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. However drawing items does provoke as well as drinking potions.

Actually, I was quite generous with the reach rules by accident. I neglected the fact that you had to be within 5 feet to attack, and let Theaton take two 5-foot-steps away, when it should have been 4. 15 foot natural reach, 20 foot with the tail. Did I mention it was Huge sized?

The disappearing creatures can be identified with Knowledge (Nature).

If you could also write your current hit points, remember that lethal and non-lethal damage is tracked separately and healed at the same time. That is to say, 1 point of healing heals both 1 damage and 1 non-lethal damage. Jhod will heal until you are full, but I need to know how many HP you are down.

KNtoran, please remember for next time to roll an attack to confirm your critical. This time I used the next attack, the 17 which did hit AC and confirm the critical. And Zork you had a spare damage roll for some reason...

Well done! 200 XP each; it's split between 4 since you received a bit of help. I honestly thought you were goners, but the centipede rolled really badly to get out of the grease spell. There were at least four sixes.

12th May, 2015 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 55

The Second says...

Zork is still confused, "Where did that winged creature come from?" As he rubs his head and checks his bleeding.

Out of Character: I updated my HP based on the story it puts me at -16 and 11 non-lethal?

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.