ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 64 of 279

Zork should not be on his last hit point, - Page 64 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jun, 2015 - 1:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2015 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 64

Theaton has his bow up and arrow pulled back when the goblin threatened Zork. As he gets closer to Zork Theaton shoots the toad.

Out of Character: Using the rapid fire feat so -2 on attacks 10 +6 -2 is 14, 19 +6 -2 is 23, 14 +6 - 2 is 18, 13 +6 -2 is 17.

Damage rolled is 4, 3, 6, 5

Sponsored Links:
6th Jun, 2015 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: That's a good point, Zork. I didn't realise the moment was so tense for both of you, also I was tired after a sleepless night. I'll give you a +20 bonus on that first attack, but you only rolled a 6! A Natural 1 on the die always misses when attacking. Please indicate these and Natural 20's by writing Nat 1, or Nat 20 instead of the numbers. Note that the longsword also has an extended critical range, so 19's are important as well.

In CharacterThe goblin attempts to step back out of Zork's range, but Zork is too fast. One misstep later, Zork thrusts too far right and the goblin evades. One of Theaton's arrows hits the Slurk.
The goblin's eyes widen as it calls for the Slurk and draws its Dogslicer, a crude, rusty sword with holes drilled in it. Its attack misses. The Slurk hops towards Zork as it squirts a jet of foul slime from its back. The slime covers Zork and quickly condenses to feel like cold tar. Zork has the Entangled condition.

Zork powers through the substance (But it remains stuck to him, see the Entangled condition), striking the goblin in the leg, but it remains standing. However, both of Theaton's arrows are not enough to down the toad-like monster!
The Slurk reaches Zork and bites down on him with its walrus-like tusks (Zork 8 damage). The goblin takes the time to mount it and drops the Dogslicer on the ground in order to draw a potion.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2015 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton keeps firing arrows at the toad.

Rolled a 3 +6 -2 = 7, 19 +6 -2= 23, 15 +6 - 2=19, 12 +6 -2 = 16.

Damage rolls: 6, 3, 5, 5

6th Jun, 2015 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 64 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

I got this on being entangled:

international QUOTE
The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

However I made some rolls already and I should have that natural 20 you promised so I can use that now..

7th Jun, 2015 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Sorry if it's unclear, the +20 was to the first attack only (An effect like the True Strike spell). The natural 1 has to miss. So the bonus is already used up. The rest of the text was me trying to explain the notation of Nat 1 and Nat 20.

In Character: Zork's next attack misses the badly injured goblin. One of Theaton's arrows flies straight at the Slurk and even the goblin's attempt at a swift shift doesn't dodge the deadly hit. Jhod's healing hand touches Zork (Zork 9 healed).
The Slurk is teetering on the brink of unconsciousness, so the goblin dismounts, albeit with a lot of trouble. Once it gets off, it is covered in the viscous slime that covers Zork. It also scoffs the potion and you see some small wounds close. (Goblin 6 healed). The Slurk withdraws, just visible behind the cover of the building.

Zork continues his attack (Rolled you a 9 +5 = 14, damage 1+3=4), reopening its closed wounds. Theaton hits with an improbable shot that skims off the stone of the wall, knocking out the Slurk but the second shot doesn't have clear aim to the goblin.
The goblin takes a movement to pick up its dropped weapon, then slices an underhanded cut at Zork (Critical: 13 damage).

Out of Character: And it's towards the end of combat that I realise I didn't use the goblin's Mounted Combat feat, and forgot to penalise Theaton -4 for not having Precise Shot. Also, Favoured Enemy was completely forgotten. Oh well, both modifiers apply next round.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 7th Jun, 2015 - 2:11pm

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2015 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: Favored enemy was not counted as Theaton was attacking the toad and not the goblin.

In Character: Theaton will move around to get a better shot at the toad to make sure it is dead. If the toad appears dead he then will attack the Goblin.

Rolled a 6 + 6 - 2 = 10, 17 + 6 - 2=21, 16 + 6 - 2 = 20, 10 + 6 - 2 = 14 if he is attacking the goblin he get a +2 added to all attacks.

Damage: 4, 4, 6, 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2015 - 3:27am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 64

The Second says...

Zork is on his last and with such slow movement decides to just fall back before he looses more blood.

8th Jun, 2015 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 64

Game Master says...

Zork should not be on his last hit point, as Jhod has healed him from 9 damage. He's not far behind you, ready to do so again. I'm also unsure how you got 8 +13 = 18 damage.

Would both of you want me to write the mechanics separate to the description? I can write up 2 paragraphs of actions first, and then a table on attacks, damages, conditions and effects.

Zork, if you wish to change your action with that new info, go ahead.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 8th Jun, 2015 - 1:06pm

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.