ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 68 of 279

Theaton continues to attack the frog. Hoping - Page 68 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jun, 2015 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
14th Jun, 2015 - 4:20am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 68

Game Master says...

Theaton strikes with two well-placed arrows into one of the frogs.
They react by swimming closer and lashing out with their long tongues, for they are much more like normal frogs than the Slurk was. Both tongues hit both targets, but only Theaton is grabbed as it wraps round his arm and waist. Theaton is grappled and also pulled 5 feet, now at the edge of the pool. Zork is spared for now.
Zork's arrow misses in the confusion.

Theaton cannot shoot at the frog since it takes two hands, so instead draws his long sword and attempts to break free, but doesn't manage to.
The frog pulling Theaton pulls 5 feet into the difficult terrain of the water then steps forward to bite. It bites the waist with its small sharp teeth and holds on, continuing the grapple (3 damage).
The other frog manages to lash Zork properly the second time and pull him up to the water's edge. Zork is grappled as well.

Out of Character: If Theaton didn't want to draw his sword, I can change it. Zork, grappling has some number penalties and prevents you from doing a two handed action. So both of you keep your last roll and choose a different action to apply it to, whether breaking free or attacking.

Unless you ask Jhod for help, I'm willing to leave him out and split the experience between two.

Also, apparently I've been mislabelling the month since my post on the 20th of May. It is actually the second month of exploration, Gozran (Equivalent to April), not Pharast as I have gotten used to writing.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2015 - 5:59am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork uses his sword to stab at the giant frog hoping that it will at least consider a partial if not full retreat. He will then attempt to aid Theaton if he can.

Out of Character: I am using my second roll for that action based on it I will roll again for the next round if that's alright.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2015 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton would have dropped his bow when grappled and drawn his sword. He will use the last roll as he attacks the frog trying to kill it before he is swallowed.

Out of Character: : I think using Jhod to keep is healed is fine with me. We can split the experience three ways still if he is used otherwise two ways. I will use the in game dice option on any more rolls you need.

14th Jun, 2015 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 68 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Zork stabs the frog (With strength is 8 damage) but, despite the injury, it doesn't let go.

Theaton is more successful, scoring a hit on the neck instead of a clean beheading (With strength is 7 damage).
The frog is visibly fazed and staggers back retreating into the water, you can still see it's vague shape in the clean pool and its trail of blood.
The frog grabbing Zork keeps hold and pulls him deeper into the water, 20 feet from the water's edge and chest deep. The frog itself swims a safe distance of 15 feet away, as far as its tongue can stretch.

Out of Character: Yes, please use the new roller! I'm still happy to accept physically rolled dice if preferred.

Note moving closer to the frog to attack will require Swim checks, however Zork can't move due to the grapple. Both bows were dropped in the water in the shallows of the first 5 feet, but it's clear water so you can see them.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2015 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will head over towards the other frog to help out Zork. Once there he will Attack the frog holding him.

Rolls are made.

15th Jun, 2015 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Disgusted by the whole event and being continually touched by the slime and goo of frog like creatures makes Zork mad. "If it is not you it is the ghost children of the forest, you will die!" Zork continues attacking.

Out of Character: I think I can use Solo Maneuvers on this? If so, I added a +1 if not please take it out.

Zork II Results:
  • Attack sword on D20 (+6): 19, 11 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 9, 8 (2 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jun, 2015 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 68

Game Master says...

Zork manages to unwrap himself from the tongue, and begins to swim towards the target, but doesn't get far, only 5 feet (Rolled you an 18 on swim). It's still 10 feet away.

Theaton begins to swim towards it but flounders as the pool gets deeper. He's also 10 feet away from it.
The frog sees its advantage, and lashes its tongue out at Zork again. It fails, so it splashes over to the centre of the pool, now 15 feet away.
Zork follows, swimming right up next to it (Swim: 11 and 21).

Theaton continues to splash around, only getting 5 feet closer, still out of range, but at least staying above the water line.
The frog bites Zork on the arm; its sharp teeth pierce his armour (Zork 6 damage) but it fails to hold on.
Zork finally drives a great blow with his sword, or it would've been great with more stable footing (Half damage in water, rounded down is 4). The frog is visibly injured but keeps fighting.

Theaton swims up to the melee and swings, but the water is not an ideal place to fight, and his sword just glances the frog's hide.

For a whole round, all combatants miss as the water churns into white foam. The frog misses again on its turn after Theaton.

Out of Character: Solo Maneuvers applies more to trips, grapples, disarms and similar combat maneuvers. It may have limited usefulness, but that said, the +1 CMD did just save you from being dragged underwater.

Now, the underwater combat rules state that they also apply while swimming. So that means when using a slashing or bludgeoning weapon the attacks have a -2 modifier and the damage is halved. When using a piercing weapon, a successful swim check lets you have no penalties at all.

Please include more swim rolls, and good luck! You can do this without the cleric!

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2015 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 68

Theaton continues to attack the frog. Hoping to get a better attack in.

Rolls added

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.