ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 83 of 279

Zork, not to keen on eating the boar's - Page 83 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jul, 2015 - 11:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
22nd Jul, 2015 - 4:09am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 83

Game Master says...

Zork and Theaton begin their recollection, starting with the beginning of the pranks and explaining the bridge collapse and the deadly fight against the giant Whiptail centipede.

However, you are cut off about 15 minutes later when Tarak shouts from the wall, "Three more from the south. It looks like the other group of explorers have returned as well!"

Oleg takes the opportunity to quickly answer Zork's question. "That sounds like a powerful and unique item you wish to create, Zork. Something you would have to commission from a wizard and will set you back a good sum of money. I believe protection from ghosts would be easier, such as a permanent Hide from Undead effect. Even such a relatively simple item could set you back, well, I reckon 10 to 30 thousand gold. That said, I'm no magic expert."

"But fey are smart and tricky creatures. They will find a weak point in your defenses and they will exploit it. Oh, you don't want to mess with the fey. Some hunters avoid the forest, preferring the hills. There's one man, Breeg Orlivanch, who keeps mostly to himself and risks the forest also reaping its rewards. But I haven't seen him for a long time now."

Out of Character: The other details can happen after introductions.

The denizens of the fort line up to receive more guests, Oleg, Svetlana, Kesten, Maerrun and an older man introduced as Vekkel Benzen, while Tarak remains on the wall.

In front of them stand the Half-elf with a wolf and the gruff man both wearing a chain shirt.

The gates open to reveal a man clad in scale armor riding a horse, a man in simple and thick padded armor, and a shorter humanoid wearing heavy clothing.

Out of Character: Please take this time to introduce your characters, how they look, behave and introduce themselves.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 22nd Jul, 2015 - 4:11am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 9:34am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Tarak's casual greeting sets Archival and Caelum at ease. “I think you can dismount Midnight now, Mykael. It does not appear that our hosts' home is in any danger,” he says, chuckling. Upon Mykael dismounting, Archival takes the reins and leads Midnight to the stable to care for her and give her a hearty helping of oats.

While walking past the group, Archival smiles and greets them, “Well met! I am Archival Oragor. I apologize I am unable to introduce myself more appropriately at this time. We pushed Midnight hard thinking you might have been bandits attacking the trading post. Glad to see my worries were unfounded. I look forward to getting to know you each better tonight over a meal.”

Caelum waves and states, “I am Caelum. It's a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to becoming acquainted with you too!” as he follows to assist Archival in caring for Midnight.

Out of Character: Archival is a young human male that stands 6'1” with gray eyes and platinum hair. Currently he is wearing plain, black padded armor adorned with a small red dragon emblem. He is equipped with a kunai, light crossbow, and a potion belt. His black, heavy warhorse is wearing similarly decorated hide barding. Caelum is 4'0” with smoke blue skin, pale blue eyes, and pale gray hair. He is wearing a cold-weather outfit and doesn't appear to have any weapons.

22nd Jul, 2015 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

In Character: Zork is most definitely disappointed by Oleg's 'solution'. "Surely there must be a way to stop the madness at night?"

Now interrupted by the introductions of the new comers he quickly tells them his name but he is too engrossed in the topic with Oleg that he blurts out, "What have you to stop the fey?"

Out of Character: you don't have that listed in your description?

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 83 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton steps forward a half elf male with Blonde hair, Blue eyes Height/Weight 5' 6" Tall, 145 lbs he indicates his companion wolf as a friendly creature. I have not named him as of yet because he has not revealed his name of yet. Glad to make your acquaintance.

23rd Jul, 2015 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael pats Midnight, dismounts and approaches Zork and Theaton giving a slight nod to each “Mykael Brewmore” he says “it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Mykael stands approximately 5'10" Tall and of average build; he has short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. There is a noticeable scar over his left eye that cuts a thin line through his eyebrow.

The armor Mykael is wearing scale mail armor that is well maintained but obviously far from being new; dents have been worked out, grooves in the scale plating polished over. A heavy steel shield with a sharpened spike adorning it is clasped to his back, it too has obviously seen action and had been subjected to various forms of abuse, but is well maintained and polished as well as can be expected.

Mykael eyes the wolf with a slight sense of anxiousness and with his left hand he gently tugs at the neckline of his armor, the memory of having once been bitten on the leg by a dog when he was a child creeping toward the forefront of his consciousness and giving him a small sense of unease around the animal.

Moving up to stand next to Archival Mykael glances back at the horse “A magnificent animal that one” he says and thanks Archival again for allowing him to ride.

24th Jul, 2015 - 11:21am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

The wolf sniffs the air and smells Mykael's anxiety, growling towards him.

Kesten provides one answer to Zork's question, pulling out an arrow from a side quiver, not his main quiver. The head is made of a roughly worked and whitish iron. He says, "These are issued to officers to deal with demons. Every now and again we fight against summoners." He glances at Archival, "No offense intended. I strictly mean enemy spellcasters, be they another nation's military or hedge wizards gone bad."
"I'm not an officer anymore, but these are a keepsake that it pays to hold onto. That, and they didn't ask for them back. I didn't know I was coming down here but at least I didn't have to buy some Cold Iron weapons against the fey at the frontier."

The explorers continue their tale of all that happened after the bridge and giant centipede. Storms rained down for a good three days, then they headed off and found a boar lair. It was empty, but they luckily ran into Old Tuskgutter just hours later. Vekkel, unable to contain himself, interrupts. "You killed the beast! Oh what a great day! I have had my vengeance for my bad leg. Show me his head!"

Theaton pulls out a smoked and singed boar head, the distinctive grey bristles still visible. Vekkel shouts in delight. "This will be a fine trophy indeed! For this great gift I have to compensate you. With fewer bandit attacks on the road, I no longer need these."

He goes over to his cart's driver seat and pulls off a bow and quiver. The bow is a finely crafted masterwork longbow, pragmatically sleek and light with no wasteful artistic carvings. The quiver contains arrows whose heads are stamped with a rune and Vekkel explains, "I used these to target the bandit's horses and ride away when they were too slow to keep up. My father told me their rather strange name. Animal Bane is obvious in meaning but does 'plus one' mean anything to you?" (The quiver has 6 +1 Animal Bane arrows)

Vekkel hands these items to you with a nod of appreciation, then continues. "You are also welcome to share the head cheese I will be making. Should be ready for breakfast tomorrow!" He takes a knife, removes the eyes into a bowl and begins cutting the back of the head to remove the brain and tongue. "Delicious! Will you want some tomorrow?"

Out of Character: Yeah, it is all in the character description, but I'm just getting used to the new character sheets, and some people may not go out and read it. Also an opportunity to add detail.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jul, 2015 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 83

Ignoble says...

Mykael raises his scarred eyebrow at the growls coming from the wolf If you can’t pull your sword in time, spiked gauntlet to the eyes he thinks as he eyes the wolf, his muscles beginning to tense in anticipation of combat eyes are vulnerable in his mind’s eye he is already visualizing the potential attack from the wolf and his response to it; a practice that has become second nature to him.

He does nothing though as long as the animal keeps its distance and doesn’t strike; instead he looks to Theaton and smirks, he can’t help but be amused that the animal began to growl shortly after being introduced as friendly.

Mykael’s heart sinks a little as the great boars head is produced; he had been looking forward to potentially fighting the beast. If these guys keep completing all of the tasks around here, it won’t be long before I cross the line into completely useless he thinks, determined to make himself more relevant.

25th Jul, 2015 - 11:25am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 83

The Second says...

Zork, not to keen on eating the boar's brains says he will skip the meal but be glad for cheese. He becomes excited with the prospect of seeing something that can work. "So... Let's say I had one of those arrows, would just having it on me stop them from disturbing me?" He then inquires more about how to get the cold iron made hoping that his consistent nagging will cause Oleg to think up something he has not before.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.