ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 96 of 279

Archival receives the answer that diplomacy - Page 96 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Aug, 2015 - 5:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
26th Aug, 2015 - 3:33am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 96

Ignoble says...

Mykael thanks Jhod and introduces himself, he points to his small cut "If you could heal this up for me that would be great" He says "Just a little cut but it's kind of inflamed and awfully annoying, kind of chafes a little under my armor. Any chance you think it will leave a scar?" He asks hopefully.

Mykael takes in the sight of the temple, he explains that while he tends to favor Iomede, he is always curious about the gods and how to honor them and listens intently to whatever Jhod has to say about his beliefs and about Erastil.

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2015 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

"Ah everyone need healing. Well then," Jhod continues in a shout "Be filled with the grace of Erastil who protects the brave frontiersmen of the world!" With his hands raised and a symbol of a bow made of antlers in one, he emits a healing energy to all gathered around. Twice.

To Mykael, "It was not deep enough, it should be tender and discolored only for a month. Why would you want to show that you failed to parry a shot? I would think it's shame for someone related to the Swordlords."

Responding to Zork regarding the fey, "It sounds like they didn't like it when you revealed their most hated metal. Of course they will try to get rid of it. Unless you give in and offer the gift it will not stop. I gave all my 63 of my gold to them since I needed it no longer and I recommend the same."
"But you don't want that. The only way to be truly safe is to build a strong box of cold iron and live in it for the rest of your days. And even then, there are very rare but terrifyingly powerful fey that could break through."

"The best I can do is a Theft Ward spell, which will heighten your senses for when they try to steal the sickle. But I have to prepare it tomorrow and it will only last a day. Perhaps you can order some Oils of the spell from Oleg's."

"Consider also a called weapon, which returns to you on command as long as it's 100 feet away. Sadly it doesn't work further than that and cold iron costs double to enchant."

As you take a break in the cave Jhod's preaching echoes around, telling the tale of his vision of the cave and it's mad bear guardian. He takes every day he lives here as proof of Erastil's glory on him. He even shows you a new spell allowing him to shape the stone with his bare hands as if it were sand or clay, more proof of Erastil's great power!

Out of Character: I rolled for 2 channels of energy, but if you are still below your maximum, you can assume Jhod heals everything.

The day is still very young, will you wait or continue?

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Channel energy twice on D6 (+0): 1, 5, 6, 4, 5, 1 (6 rolls)

26th Aug, 2015 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

Mykael gives Jhod a look of confusion at first, wondering how he knew about his Sword Lord heritage, but he smiles "Thank you for your healing" He says politely, while inside feeling a little annoyed by the mans suggestion, and not feeling the need to justify himself in that regard. Perhaps most of the Sword Lords would consider a scar to be a mark of failure, an inability to properly parry an attack, but Mykael didn't believe that.

For Mykael, a scar was more like a badge of honor and courage, a visible record of the combat he has engaged in and survived; that, or a lesson learned, a reminder of sorts. Sometimes it was combination of the two. Mykael thought of the scar over his left eye and remembered how he received it; it was a reminder to him not to make the same mistake again.

He had hoped that the arrow would have left a small scar, not because to him it was a failure to parry the attack, but it was proof of his victory against a ranged attack, and that his sword had overcome and dominated the bandit who had wielded the bow. Maybe this line of thinking wasn't consistent with that of a Sword Lord, maybe the Sworld Lords did see scars as a failure. Mykael had never considered that. The man's comment had planted the seed of doubt in Mykael's mind whether being a Sword Lord was truly what he wanted in the end.

Why was he intent on becoming a Sword Lord? Was it simply because his father had always expected that out of him? Mykael pushes the thoughts aside as he listens to Jhod's preaching, assuming he will have plenty of time to think on it during the days ahead. Afterwards, Mykael will meet up with the others and suggests that, if everyone is healed and feeling up to it, they should continue on.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2015 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Page 96 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will thank Jhod for allowing them the opportunity to rest and be healed before telling everyone to get ready and lets head back out. We wish to have these two bandits lead us to their treasure and then to the hidden crypt.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2015 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Archival grins as the pain and his wounds are healed, “Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your aid. I am Archival Oragor and my friend here is Caelum. If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know. You have sped my recovery up significantly!”

Archival takes his cue from Zork's silence and Theaton's words. Turning to Theaton and Zork, he states, “I could mark them with magic if you would like and we could put the word out to the authorities that the marks mean they were once bandits. If they commit any crimes in the future it would allow people to know how to best handle them. Worry not,” he reassures the bandits, “the mark would not hurt at all and it would also act as a temporary reminder should you consider straying from the path of righteousness while it is on you.”

Listening to Zork and Jhod discuss the fey, Archival chimes in, “Fey are bothering you? I wonder if I could speak with them and see if there's a diplomatic way to change their attitude toward you. Mayhaps we could perform some sort of service to appease them?”

“The day is still young. Theaton seems quite interested in recovering the ill-gotten gains of the bandits. I appreciate and respect your zeal! What say you we continue on?” Archival asks his adventuring companions. Chuckling, he adds, “I promise I will try to not step on anymore bear traps.”

Mentally, Archival signals Caelum, “I will not be a burden to the group again. From now on, I will travel directly behind you. Out of everyone, I trust your eyes the most.”

“I understand. It was careless of me to travel so far ahead of you to begin with. My duty is to protect you and I failed.”

“I'll have none of that my friend. You did not fail – I did.”

Out of Character: The effect, while normally permanent, would gradually fade in about a month on a living being. My reassurance is meant to coincide with a diplomatic roll (Provided below).

27th Aug, 2015 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Zork listens carefully and thanks Jhod. Sleeping in a coffin is actually a good idea if it means getting rid of the fey but of course he was no vampire and carrying around his bed was no answer either. At the same time he was not about to give up his gold so he thought on a resolve to keep away from the forests! He relays it to the others.

As for the next move he is too deep in thought to worry over it and listens to what the others want to do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2015 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 96

Theaton tells Archival that while the idea of marking appeals to him he will not make that decision that is up to the authorities to decide.

He mounts up and makes sure all are ready to move as they head back toward the area the bear traps were at.

29th Aug, 2015 - 5:31am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 96

Game Master says...

Archival receives the answer that diplomacy could work, if the fey revealed themselves, which they do not.
Jhod thanks you for stopping by and waves his goodbyes as you head back along the same route.

The rest of the day takes you back across the river and some distance north west along its bank. The wolf manages to hunt a rabbit to share for dinner but otherwise the journey is uneventful.

Oathday 4 Desnus

In the early hours of the morning Archival sits on watch. He notices an excited and high pitched snort and squeal coming from the sleeping area. But it's not a sound that could be made by one of the party members.

It is something in Mykael's bag which appears to be moving slightly. Theaton's bag lies nearby, open and some contents spilled nearby.

Caelum mentally excuses himself I did not think such little creatures a threat to the party.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.