Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired By God? - Page 2 of 3

Because the number of baptisms dropped dramatically, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th May, 2014 - 1:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
4th May, 2014 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired By God? - Page 2

TheMark, that was something inspired to say.

For me there are a lot of policies that are just the thoughts of men and ow to run things. The bishop might say no hands on the wall because they get dirty, its a policy, but it not a sin if you happen to place your hand on the wall now is it?

Sponsored Links:
4th May, 2014 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

God Inspired Policies Church Mormon Are

I think that most policies are inspired, but I don't believe in the infallibility of the Pope. I think that 18 month missions are a good example of one that may not have been inspired.

5th May, 2014 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired By God? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Pope? Please explain about the 18 months mission not a good example. Thanks.

5th May, 2014 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 God Inspired Policies Church Mormon Are

The infallibility of the Pope is a Catholic doctrine. I just used that in order to point out that our Church should be different from that church. Years ago, the Church decided to change the length of missions for young men from 24 month missions to 18 month missions. Just one problem--the number of baptisms dropped dramatically. After some time, the Brethren decided to change back to 24 month missions, and the number of baptisms went back up. When he announced the change back to 24 month missions, President Hinckley, without actually coming out and saying so, essentially admitted that they had made a mistake in changing the length of missions for young men. At least, that was how I interpreted his words.

5th May, 2014 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

God Inspired Policies Church Mormon Are

I don't believe ALL policies are inspired by God. As the example Tragula gave, it's more about common sense and what it "works" than inspiration.

5th May, 2014 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired By God?

With respect to 18 month missions, I don't think that was inspired, but I do think that most policies are inspired.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2014 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired God - Page 2

Hello tragula what's your reason for thinking the 18 month missions were not inspired?

6th May, 2014 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired God Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Because the number of baptisms dropped dramatically, and when the Brethren decided to return to 24 month missions, President Hinckley essentially admitted that 18 month missions had been a mistake. Also, when they returned to 24 month missions, the number of baptisms rose back up to where they had been before.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Are Mormon Church Policies Inspired By God?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,