Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 23 of 54

Feyra jumps as the skeletal hands emerge from - Page 23 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Aug, 2014 - 3:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 54 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
28th Jul, 2014 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 23

Feyra replies to Basmet first whispering as she close the journal as she only read a little of it.

"Seneb is just a certain nobleman and our enemy. But I suggest we remain quiet... For now at least"

She turns to the old man Rameses as she says to him.

"That's sound very interesting, I personally accept your offer. I would also want to uncover those secrets. I'm hungry for knowledge, you see."

She says as she also smiles with an awkward smile and somehow annoyed.

Bluff Check: 2+5= 7
Sense Motive: 14+4= 18

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2014 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

The old man gets back to work and seems to be eager to cooperate with you, in order to find out exactly what chant must be sung during the time of the alignment.

As you read the parchments too, you also realize he wasn't in fact lying, and that the upper parts are securely locked with physical and magical means, and that there are only two possible ways of breaking into them:

One is the simple yet difficult task of dispelling the powerful magic, and the other is to gain entry through a ritual that would enable the ones that went through it to enter.

Soon you discover that these files must belong to the church, and must have been sealed and protected. As Rameses has introduced himself as part of the church of Ra, this might explain how he got his hands on these files.

What's curious, though, is that these scrolls are meant as a way for the protector priests to have means of entering without breaking the spell, should they ever need to check on the security and integrity of the King's Chamber. (Thus someone wanting to break into for any other reason is obviously not a protector of the holy site.)

You also find plans and diagrams of the pyramid, that also contain names for the rooms.

Here is a complete diagram of the pyramid:

1 - The Kings Chamber
2 - The "Air shafts"
3 - The Queens Chamber
4 - The Grand Gallery
5 - The Escape Shaft (Or well shaft)
6 - The Subterranean Chamber and Pit

If you have any questions concerning specific rooms, please let me know, and I will fill you in. (Questions such as: What is the purpose of X room, etc.)

Researching takes a couple of hours, and you may now perform actions during these hours. Otherwise we will skip some hours of in-game time to get to the saucy part!

Edited Message Edited...
Support: No links to external sites please. External links are only for news sources like CNN, Fox, BBC, etc.

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power (Hover)

29th Jul, 2014 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Charles introduces himself to Rameses and he takes a look at the diagrams, after seeing it, he says to the old man "You got some nice information you have collected here".

30th Jul, 2014 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 23 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Basmet will have a look at the other end of the Great Gallery, where it connects to the entrance corridor. She looks for a possible escape route. She is also curious about the pit in the subterranean chamber (6) and goes down to have look.

She also strikes up conversation with the oracle. "Where did all theses scrolls come form? How can you read with the white eyes you have?"

Then trying to sound innocent, she says, "I head you say Seneb was the son of the gods. But I have learned that it should be pharaoh Djedefre. Pardon my misunderstanding if I am wrong, but what made you say that?"

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2014 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

While still working hard, and with your help, the old man answers your questions:

"These files are courtesy of lord Seneb's private collection! It is not my business to ask where they came from, although their original source is obvious. All these were made along with this Great Pyramid, and through them one may decipher its secrets.

After long years studying and communion, and prayer, I have come to the final steps of the path that leads into the revealing of the Pyramid's true purpose.

As mentioned before, those stars that will align themselves will unlock the higher rooms, but we must find out how exactly we will be able to be granted entrance in the rooms themselves.

If it's done wrong, we might lose ourselves in the pyramid, exactly as the depictions on the wall describe.

As about my vision, and ability to see, long story short, I was born blind, but was later granted a form of true-sight, granted to me by the Great Sun-God.

Seneb is the true Pharaoh, and this has been proven to me. It will be to you too, once the heritage of the ancient Pharaoh-Kings will be rightfully passed down to him. In the rooms above, a sacred item that belongs to Seneb lies. I intend to retrieve it in his name and service!"

Results of Basmet's search:
1) There seem to be slabs closing the passage from the Grand Gallery to the entrance. It is only thanks to the Well Shaft that you were ever able to reach where you are!

2) The pit in the chamber should have been mentioned in the previous descriptions of the room. If it hasn't, I'm terribly sorry, but even if I neglected mentioning it, it would be because the room is curiously unfinished, and so is the pit, which serves no purpose as is.

After all the searching, researching, and reading, the old man comes to a conclusion:

"I got it!", he says, as he holds a scroll in one hand and moves towards the Grand Gallery, almost pushing through the three heroes.

8th Aug, 2014 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Feyra follows him from behind as she turns her head back to her companions to give them a smirk. She then continues following the old man Rameses.

"What is it, where are we going?! Don't tell me we are going to climb the Grand Gallery without any gear."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2014 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 23

The oracle does not answer and as you enter the Grand Gallery intersection he looks at you, smiles, and says:

"Your assistance was most welcome, foolish adventurers. I have no further use of you, though!"

While tucking the scroll under his left armpit, he raises his right hand and chants something in a mystical tongue that contains the word "Anubis". As skeletal hands emerge from the floor, the oracle makes a grasping gesture with his hand and the skeletal hands attempt to grab on your feet.

Everyone is entitled to a Reflex save at the beginning of their rounds. The DC is 16, and every failure renders the character entangled:

The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell's level) or lose the spell.

A success on the save allows the character to reduce these penalties by half, but does not allow them to completely avoid them, unless they have the evasion extraordinary ability.

We will not roll for initiative, instead, for each round, we will follow the flow of your posts as every turn's unique order.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 8th Aug, 2014 - 6:40pm

9th Aug, 2014 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 23

Feyra jumps as the skeletal hands emerge from the floor, shocked from the oracle's words.

"Huh?! What?! You filthy bastard! You are going to regret this!"

As she tries to unsheath her shortbow and shoot an arrow at him.

Reflex Save Check: 17+7= 24
Attack Roll: 20(Natural)
Critical Confirmation: 14+5= 19
Damage Roll: 6+1([Critical Hit])= 7
Evasion

Reconcile Edited: Kamsans on 9th Aug, 2014 - 3:21am

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.