Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 40 of 54

Feyra moves 5-foot steps backwards as she - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Oct, 2014 - 3:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 54 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2014 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 40

Felipe, please roll for either an attack, and also remember the -2 penalty, or for a grapple check to escape. You may only attempt one of these, each round. (Also, let me inform you that the fortitude saves are for determining the effects of the chokehold. Since Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder Role-playing Games both lack "Good" Rules for choking an opponent, I am using a rule I've been using for a couple of years now. Details are unnecessary, but I wanted to clear that up, so that you know what you're rolling for)

Is Basmet really dead? At what negative hitpoints is she currently?

Feyra's Protector headband, when combined with the Nemes Headdress Artifact of Power, allows her access to awesome power. However, her mortal state is too weak for the full potential. She automatically knows of her ability to perform the following actions, as well as their consequences:

• Transfer up to 20 hitpoints per standard action to or from a creature touched in the form of either positive or negative energy. (Thus being able to heal herself whilst harming others, or both heal herself and an undead target, etc.)
  • Cast Raise Dead or Create Undead, as a standard action, as spell-like abilities (Thus requiring no materials as well). This inflicts one permanent negative level upon use.
  • Cast Limited wish as a spell-like ability, as a standard action, that inflicts two permanent negative levels upon use.
  • Perform a Touch of Annihilation, causing any matter that she comes in contact with to be instantly sucked into the void, gone, and utterly destroyed. She may touch one object or creature with a single use of the ability, and this requires a standard action. She takes three permanent negative levels upon a single use of this ability.
Unfortunately, she needs to succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 16), or be nauseated in her next round.
[/I](Feyra's sickened state is a result of a single bad Fort save after the Undead's bite. Just putting that out there!)[/I]

The Royal Mummy is still holding Charles high above-ground, as it quickly turns to face Feyra. It will act in its turn, after your posts!

Out of Character: I'm really sorry for seriously harming Basmet there, I knew the Pharaoh was a tad too strong an encounter for your characters, but he had to live up to his reputation, right? *smile* There's still hope, both for our heroes, Egypt, and the whole world (As far as securing the artifact goes).

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 14th Oct, 2014 - 11:04pm

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2014 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

After a swift look at her surrounding, Feyra rushes to the Royal Mummy whilst unsheathing her second dagger holding it at her left hand while she attempts to touch the Royal Mummy with her right. Transfering 20 hitpoints of positive energy to her, in result to heal herself and only.

*Heavy Tired Breathing*

Specific Action : Figthing Defensively
Fortitude Save Chack : 18+1 = 19
Attack Roll Unarmed : 16+5-4 = 17
Damage Roll : 1

Armor Class:
Regular AC: 19 (10 base +4 Dexterity +3 Armor +2 Dodge)
Flat-Footed AC: 13 (10 base +3 Armor)
Touch AC: 16 (10 base +4 Dexterity +2 Dodge)

15th Oct, 2014 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Yes, exactly -10 hit points. Basmet went out the way she wanted, protecting people, and besides, she was getting old.

She was far from a good character; negative constitution modifier, and not enough points in perform for bardic music. Inspire courage could have made a difference.

Epic NPC's should be epic. Especially in Earth settings, where we have myths of invincible creatures. I'm glad he was so strong.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2014 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 40 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Excuse me for the misunderstanding. The hit points transfer effect means either the target is filled with positive, and the caster with negative energy, or vice versa. Please confirm you wish to inflict negative energy on your target, so as to inflict positive onto yourself.

Interim, what will Charles do?

15th Oct, 2014 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

My apologies, Feyra inflicts negative energy to the Royal Mummy so as to inflict positive energy into her.

If the number of hitpoints up to 20 is choosen by her, then she would use half, as 10 hitpoints.

15th Oct, 2014 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Charles will try to attack the mummy with his Khopsesh while aiming for the head or neck.

Attack Roll: 12 - (12+5=17).

Damage Roll: 4 - (4+3=7) Critical: 6 - (6+3=9).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2014 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 40

Since the mummy is considered a foe, a melee touch attack would normally be required by Feyra, but we'll call the otherwise easy to succeed check an auto-hit for this time.

Right as both Feyra and the Royal Mummy are affected by the healing magic of the Headdress, the Pharaoh seems surprised:

"What?! When did you?!..

...and immediately releases Charles, to launch a slam attack against Feyra. Thanks to her great agility, Feyra had no problem moving out of the way and dodging the

Charles was just released, and is so required to make a fortitude save in order to avoid becoming nauseated after the violent chokehold. Rolling 14 or higher means he is sickened for 1d6 rounds. Failure indicates he becomes nauseated for 1d6 rounds, then sickened for 1 round. (Nasty high-DC check; good luck)

While falling from the grasp, Charles had the chance to swing his sword, which touches and slides against the mummy, cutting a few bandages, but is not deep enough to slice the undead.

Basmet is simply lying motionless on the ground... It is then that the projection abruptly ends for the viewer... The clutches of death seemed to have reached beyond the projection... Life slowly fades away, and absolute darkness covers everything, as thought is lost forever...

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 16th Oct, 2014 - 6:39am

16th Oct, 2014 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

Feyra moves 5-foot steps backwards as she takes a total defensive stance raising her dagger for the guard facing the Royal Mummy.

"Enough!" *Catches Breath* "I-I got the Nemes... And you know what it is capable of! Give up."

Specific Action : Total Defense

Reconcile Edited: Kamsans on 16th Oct, 2014 - 3:37pm

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.