Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 6 of 54

Out of Character: how do I roll dice. Do I - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jun, 2014 - 6:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 54 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2014 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 6

international QUOTE (Felipe @ 14-Jun 14, 12:56 PM)
Gordon will look around the room and see if he can see anything inside.

Gordon could break one of the lamps decorating the room. They are made out of bronze and are fixed to the walls. They emit a magical light-blue light that doesn't burn and doesn't go out.

(To speed the game up, I will roll the strength check required by Gordon.)

Gordon breaks the lamp and now carries it along with his shield on his left hand.

(His spear is still on the ground. All of the Guardian's gear has disappeared with him.)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2014 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

A huge grin appears on Tucker's face. I always thought magic was real, my uncle can make a quarter disappear. I bet my ancestors could make a whole dollar disappear, or maybe a whole person. Tucker's grin widens as he is lost in thought for a moment, he then shakes his head as to clear his thoughts. Sorry about that, I would love to go on this epic journey in time just to see what my ancestress could do. Oh yeah and to see these umm, artifact things.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2014 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Jacob asks for Tucker to follow him to the next room. There, the door behind them disappears. In this white-walled office, Tucker is greeted by two more men, who seem to be operating these devices that Jacob was talking about.

Two palm-sized gadgets are hooked up to a sleeping man and a woman. The two are seated on chairs in front of the desk.

"Name's Bill. Glad you're alright" says the first of the two assistants, while smiling friendly.

"I'm Mark. Nice to meet you. We work for the Protectors. No need to worry about being late. There is no being late or early here."

Bill continues, but now adopts a more worried face:

"Please, take a seat and get comfortable... Are you familiar with the risks involved? Do you understand why you have to go through this process?"

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 14th Jun, 2014 - 5:00pm

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2014 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Yeah, to see real magic... Oh yeah and to find the, artifact thingies. Woo-hoo! lets do this, yeah! Oh wait is this going to hurt, ah, never mind this will be worth a little pain.
Grandpa, here I come.

15th Jun, 2014 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Cyrvil makes a nod towards Gordon now that they are ready and starts to move forward. She doesn't sheath her rapier as she stays cautious of her surrounding.

Regular AC: 18 (10 base +4 Dexterity +1 Dodge +3 Armor)
Flat-Footed AC: 13 (10 base +3 Armor)
Touch AC: 15 (10 base +4 Dexterity +1 Dodge)

15th Jun, 2014 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Gordon will take back the spear which is on the ground and he will hold it with his hand just in case if another predator attacks him or Cyrvil.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2014 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 6

For Tucker: Tucker is connected to the device, and once everything is hooked up, he starts feeling numbness. Within a few seconds he goes unconscious, and then into the mind of his ancestor. Remember that his ancestor knew nothing of the Protectors and the Vile.

(I never really got why you named your modern characters same as their ancestors, but, oh well...)

Tucker, the wizard, was trying to tap into the potent magic found in ancient scrolls and writings. He hoped to activate a wish spell via a scroll. Due to his lack of knowledge and experience, the spell activated with a mishap, and his wish for magical power teleported him to the one place he could actually obtain it. He doesn't have a clue about where he currently is, but he can at least see around him.

Tucker is in a room, with one door. The room is lit by torches that shine a bright golden light. The walls are carved into the bedrock, hinting that the room is deep underground, and the door is made of white marble.

The rom is otherwise peculiarly empty, and only a statue lies on the opposite side of the door.

The door then opens, and from within come an Athenian Hoplite (Gordon), and a female adventurer from northern lands.

The three stand looking at each other for a while, and Tucker tries to understand where he is. After the two explain the situation, Tucker realizes there is no way out, unless the obstacles are overcome, and that his wish may have indirectly come true. After all, obtaining the magic rod that allows one to control the nature of thunder and lightning is magical power after all!

The statue appears to be a tall, thin man wearing a helmet, cloak, gloves, and a necklace with a large stone set in it. The statue's helmet is unusual: it is elongated, with large round windows for eyes and an apparatus that looks like a gasmask over the mouth. As you approach, you hear a voice say:

"The spies of Sigil search this place for knowledge they may sell
They walk amongst the newest of these lands
Osterneth's lover searches here for secrets few could tell
His journey takes him far across the sands
From Thanatos the Prince began his search across the sea
He seeks a name that none alive still know
They search the realms of architects of new reality
Who began to build millennia ago"

You may each roll a Wisdom check (D20+Wisdom Modifier), and Knowledge (Religion) and/or Knowledge (Arcana) if you are trained into them, for some insight on this riddle!

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry for not posting actively during the weekend, I was mostly out having fun. Good luck with the riddle!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 16th Jun, 2014 - 12:38am

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2014 - 6:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Out of Character: how do I roll dice. Do I roll at home and tell you or is there a code to roll dice.

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.