Mormon View: Should We Teach Our Kids About Santa?

Mormon View Teach Kids Santa - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Jun, 2014 - 11:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2014 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Name: WilfordW

Comments: I've debated this with several relatives. Some see nothing worng with it, but isn't it like a lie and we often talk more about Santa Claus than we do about the birth of Christ. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
19th Jun, 2014 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Santa Kids Teach We View Mormon

Once the true meaning of Christmas is understand (And taught) then I don't see adding Santa to the mix being that big of deal.

Yes, in a way it is a lie (But you know you are always going tell your kids the truth later).

Yes parents use it so there kids well learn to do whats right. Motivation for kids to obey the rules, to play nice or what ever. Parents do this all year long, Santa is just the big Motivator.

If the point of Santa is give me gifts, then that probably isn't being taught right. If its being taught that one person loves the whole world, wants to give everybody a gift! (As we all should) then it is being taught right.

Same thing with why we put up lights, what the candy cane really means, to so many other things.

If we really wanted to get down to it, we also need to make sure we teach kids that Christ really wasn't born at this time. Isn't celebrating Christmas this time of year a lie?

Heavenly Father gave us the best gift of all. Thats what should taught. Adding Santa as that figure for kids to learn that we should think of others, I see no problem.

21st Jun, 2014 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Mormon View: Should We Teach Our Kids About Santa? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Why tell them a lie? Tell the truth, Santa exists as a symbol, and explain what that symbol means. Then teach them the REAL meaning of Christmas - the birth of Jesus.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2014 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Name: Pioneer

Comments: I think it depends on their age. Santa is just fun for kids, it gives them something to believe in, why sour it for them by telling them its all a lie.

25th Jun, 2014 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

I have seen the faces of 3 small little children, with tears in their eyes...who believed in Santa Claus and were perfect in every way but Santa did not reach that year because the parents were too poor to afford presents. They felt they were the ones who did not behave "good enough" to be worthy of Santa Claus showing up to give them a little happiness.

Santa Claus in CHRISTmas? A disgrace!

26th Jun, 2014 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Too bad for those children, perhaps if they were thought to give gifts instead of looking to receive them then they would not be sad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2014 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Mormon View We Teach Kids Santa

Well, first of all they were very little and second they lived in what I would describe extreme poverty.

> TOPIC: Mormon View: Should We Teach Our Kids About Santa?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,