Satan's Most Effective Tools - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE Everybody says 2 kids are enough, and - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Jul, 2008 - 12:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
5th Jun, 2008 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Satan's Most Effective Tools - Page 2

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 3-Jun 08, 6:20 PM)
If Satan considers the Kingdom of God a threat what would be one method of fighting against it? Decreasing the number of missionaries and converts. How? By creating conditions where they will never be born.

Food for thought.

That is a very interesting theory. We know that Satan tries desperately to break down the family structure and especially LDS homes.

I am interested to know if you think that is because a number of LDS families are becoming more worldy minded--such as "so many kids is enough" instead of fasting and praying about allowing the spirits to be sent to their home, (therefore having to go elsewhere) OR...

Are you talking about like situations where there is unwed mothers, teenage mothers who have their parents raise their child and things of that nature?

I think it really could be a combination of both--Satan will take whatever means he can get to accomplish his purpose--I was just curious what your thoughts were--and anyone elses! wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2008 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Tools Effective Satans

I think two of the most effective tools that Satan uses are depression, discouragement and our own insecurities. He knows our weaknesses and he uses them to his advantage if he can. I see this on a daily basis in my work. Depression can put a crack in the armor and Satan will use everything at his disposal to widen the chasm.

Pres. Ezra Taft Benson said in one of his First Presidency Messages:

As the showdown between good and evil approaches with its accompanying trials and tribulations, Satan is increasingly striving to overcome the Saints with despair, discouragement, despondency, and depression.
"Do Not Despair," Ensign, Oct 1986, 2

22nd Jun, 2008 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Satan's Most Effective Tools Studies Doctrine Mormon

AlaskanLDS:

I am interested to know if you think that is because a number of LDS families are becoming more worldy minded--such as "so many kids is enough" instead of fasting and praying about allowing the spirits to be sent to their home, (therefore having to go elsewhere) OR...

Are you talking about like situations where there is unwed mothers, teenage mothers who have their parents raise their child and things of that nature?

Well, a combination of both but specifically the fact that Satan takes advantage on how quickly we "adapt" to the rules and norms of Babylon. Everybody says 2 kids are enough, and if you have a boy and a girl then you should be done. Who is the one that stated such thing? We change over the time based on how society perceives things and Satan takes full advantage of it.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2008 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Satan's Most Effective Tools
A Friend

Page 2 Tools Effective Satans

Everybody says 2 kids are enough, and if you have a boy and a girl then you should be done. Who is the one that stated such thing? We change over the time based on how society perceives things and Satan takes full advantage of it.

Very interesting topic. I tend to go with any extreme is a bad thing. For example, My parents were around when the Zero population growth idea was going around heavily. The church taught against it and said have children. There has also been the doctrine about Spirits born in LDS homes is better than spirits born to Non-LDS. Some took that counsel to an extreme. My parents Elders quorum President taught fervently, (so say my parents), to have children and never stop. By the time the 10the one (in about 10 years) was born the wife was permanently bed ridden and they had to have assistance to take care of the kids. They still planned on having more. (For me, this would be extreme, I don't know their personal revelation though.)

My wife and I want to give the best opportunity to the spirits that are born through us, so we have followed our inspiration and limited ourselves. We may have more when we feel that we can give them more than food a bed and a substandard education. So what I am saying is that Satan would likely be willing to get us to do any extreme to frustrate the plan. Having too many kids or having too few, both being extremes.

However, In the end, each spirit will be born and will no be judged for things outside of their control like upbringing. So from an eternal view point it is almost a waste of time for Satan to prevent children from being born or to have them born into poor circumstances. Even crack babies will have a real opportunity for exaltation. We are all screwed up by someone else, it isn't about what you have been through, but who you choose to become. Eventually we realize that we either like who we are, or we change. And the circumstances we have been through only improve our ability to chose who we want to be. If I am beat up, I can beat others or have compassion on others. The same experience can define a person in two ways. Satan can only try to make one way more enticing than another. And his motivations are generally pride based and lead to hate and separation. Satan only wins when others choose consciously the dark side. Accidents and unintentional wrongs are covered by the atonement of Christ immediately. But intentional and knowing choices must be repented of and can only be forgiven by changing ones heart.

I think two of the most effective tools that Satan uses are depression, discouragement and our own insecurities. He knows our weaknesses and he uses them to his advantage if he can.

I strongly agree! This I believe comes from feelings of powerlesness. Satan wants us to think we can't change our situation. If we can change our situation then we will not be depressed about what is. Life as a God is about changing things to be the way you want them while using the principles righteousness. And possibly changing them while the whole world is fighting against you. This is the same solution for discouragement or inserurity. Knowing that you can accomplish what you set you heart on. You can change anything you don't like about yourself or life. Satan wants us to think "we can't change things so don't try". Just by trying we frustrate him.

Reconcile Edited: Amonhi on 25th Jul, 2008 - 12:15am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Satan's Most Effective Tools

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,