Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 22 of 46

That is correct. There are additional penalties - Page 22 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th May, 2016 - 1:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 46 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ...Latest (46) »
Closed
Start Here by creating your Character for approval. Also serves for Questions.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Related Information to Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters
NOTE: Always use your Introduction to update your schedule, not RPG Threads.
15th Mar, 2016 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 22

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Oh, sorry. Wanted to address this earlier. You can purchase spells from the guild hall. The cost is 500 gp per spell level, per spell. So, 1st level spells cost 500, second level cost 1000, etc…

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2016 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

The Dawn Seeker says...

Thanks, though that means I will need to wait. Glad to know this even though I can use such at the moment

Well onwards and upwards.

25th May, 2016 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Hunter: I haven't changed my profile picture because you've just confirmed that it adds to the campaign's ambiance. Maybe when you get back out of this dungeon, I'll change it to a smiling sun *smile*.

25th May, 2016 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Page 22 Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Ha! That doesn't sound very good for my character but even if so I was picturing a more diabolical looking face considering the kind of place we're in. wink.gif

Since we're in character creation, is it possible to detect a trap without being a thief or is that strictly limited to thieves skills?

25th May, 2016 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

That depends on what you mean by 'detect trap' *smile*

Only a thief can generically detect a trap but anybody can take an action that would trigger a trap. For example, only a thief would be able to detect the pit trap by observation and 'detection' skill. Any character could, however, use a 10' pole to trigger the pit trap and find it that way.

Another example would be that only a thief would be able to discover a trip wire and figure out that it is connected to a device and what the device might do. Any character, however, could push a 10' pole in front of them down a corridor to trigger any trip wires before they get there. That doesn't mean that they won't be effected if the trap has a large enough area of effect. It's also possible that anybody may detect the trip wire, but they wouldn't necessarily be able to figure out what it would do.

25th May, 2016 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

Elf Bowman says...

I get what you mean so in essence "No" unless we specifically try to trigger something ahead but that doesn't work well with pressure traps.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2016 - 11:22am / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 22

Elf Bowman says...

I didn't want to keep asking questions in the main game. So, if aiming for his head is a -4 but I have point blank at +3 does that mean I roll at -1?

28th May, 2016 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 22

That is correct. There are additional penalties for trying to shoot through a throng of friendlies standing in front of your target, but I'll make that adjustment on the fighter's AC for your attack. Just to give you an idea, you're looking at at least a +2 bonus to the fighter's AC due to the number of friendlies between you and him.

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.