Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 25 of 46

Hi, I was recommended to join this group by - Page 25 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jul, 2016 - 4:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 46 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (46) »
Closed
Start Here by creating your Character for approval. Also serves for Questions.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Related Information to Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters
NOTE: Always use your Introduction to update your schedule, not RPG Threads.
19th Jun, 2016 - 10:19am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 25

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Okay, looks good. I'll write you into the next post.

Unless you had something else in mind, we'll give you the immediate background of having arrived the previous evening to investigate the area. You'll meet the party as they are getting ready to leave in the morning.

Sponsored Links:
19th Jun, 2016 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

The Dawn Seeker says...

Yes! Thanks, glad it could all work out. Also, yes writing me into the next post is fine.

If we could, I would like to discuss Gabriel's Code of Conduct. The biggest question being that of if he finds himself in a situation where he must either chose an action between doing that which is Lawful and that which is Good.

Also, in general, I would like to discuss with you in working out a more personal Code of Conduct, one particular to him and perhaps related to the god he has chosen.

22nd Jun, 2016 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dawn Seeker says...

So… wait, does this mean we are going to have to fight through zombies again? It isn't a problem it simple means that if so I guess it makes sense to keep up the challenge and it would allow for me to get the handle of Gabriel in combat before we all face the evil priests.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Jun, 2016 - 1:52pm

22nd Jun, 2016 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Page 25 Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

If you would like to provide a code of conduct for Gabriel, that's fine. It should include most of the 'knightly' qualities and acts, such as 'no killing helpless or defenseless characters', 'always helping damsels in distress', etc…

I usually am pretty lenient on the superficial stuff, but anything egregious would definitely have repercussions.

22nd Jun, 2016 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

The Dawn Seeker says...

How about something like this:
----------------

Respect just authority and lawful rulers, yet suffer not a tyrant or bully who preys on the weak and helpless. Obey the laws of the land, unless such leads you to evil. If you find a law that is unjust or leads to suffering and pain, seek a way for it to be changed.

Keep always thy word, as thy oath is thy bond. One must speak and act in honesty, let no untruth knowingly pass thy lips. Do not deceive or trick another, as such will bring dishonor. If the truth cannot or should not be spoken, keep silent and still thy tongue.

Always seek to protect and defend the innocent, the weak and the helpless. If a damsel requires thy aid, give it and stand against those who seek to harm her. Thy duty is to serve, thy shield and sword for others against evil. Lastly children are the future, keep them safe and do everything in thy power to keep them from suffering.

Fight with honor, and accept duels when they are given. Do not use poison or attack from behind, allow your opponent to face thee in battle. If thy foe surrenders, show mercy though temper this with wisdom. Have it that they are properly punished, not killed unless the law demands.

Remember while all may seek redemption and show a willingness to change, many will deceive and continue their evil, even seek to harm you or others. Still, if one believes there is hope and that there is honest intent, give forgiveness and offer thy hand in aid… though be ready if such is proven false.

Seek not to act in haste or anger, allow oneself to act in calmness and discipline. Give not into fear, show courage and fight with bravery. Thou art an example unto others, always strive to do that which is good and avoid evil. Inspire others to do as thy does, yet do not require it as not all can follow the same path.

23rd Jun, 2016 - 2:58am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

It looks good, but I would point out that all bets are off when dealing with non-human and humanoid creatures. Generally these rules only apply to dealings with 'civilized' creatures such as player character races.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2016 - 3:36am / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 25

The Dawn Seeker says...

Fair enough. Allows for an easier time making decisions and for focus to be given on who to fight and who to spare the sword.
One could say that counting the likes of goblins or orcs, or other such races would overly complicate game. That it would make things less black and white. Killing baby orcs and goblins, don't count because they are born evil right? The same rules don't apply to them, kill them to one's heart content.
--

Admittingly the mercy/redemption angle I probably will have apply, at least in some cases. If one that is evil, whether innate or not, wishes for mercy and to change their ways Gabriel will not deny them a chance. Yet, it they abuse this chance and attack or betray… yes all bets are very much off.

He would even give such a chance to a succubus, if she so desired to change and be shown mercy if such was determined sincere. Of course, as a demon, such will not be taken lightly and she will need to prove honest intent by actions not just words.

Admittingly, redemption is not simply a single moment but a continued path or journey so some patience will need be required and not immediate nor full change expected all at once.

I personally believe that if there can be such a thing as fallen angels there can be redeemed fiends. If admittingly very rare and examples of such can maybe only be counted on one hand.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Jun, 2016 - 3:48am

24th Jul, 2016 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 25

Blacksmith says...

Hi, I was recommended to join this group by Hunter. I was told the party needs a thief, and it's a class I've played before, but only one session, and 5th edition at that. I've never played AD&D before, I have most experience with Dungeon World, which I'm told was based on AD&D. I have dice. Are the stats the same as 5th, and do you mind if I roll offline for character creation? I prefer to roll the physical dice.

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.