Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 186 of 533

"Well I guess that leaves the dog for - Page 186 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jun, 2016 - 1:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 533 pgs.  182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
9th Jun, 2016 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 186

The Watcher from the Aether says...

The mage's response is typical of what you would expect from a wizard. He replies, knowledge is power and, more importantly, it's cash. For an extra 100 gp I can provide you with that information.

Assuming you provide the funds, he continues, "These items, like Evocation magic, are not intrinsically evil or good. They will only be judged by the way the owner uses them."

"As far as the items are concerned, they are not common magic items, but also are not unknown to somebody skilled in the arcane arts, such as myself."

Sword of Wounding: This is a sword of only +1 bonus, but any hit made with it cannot be healed by regeneration. In subsequent rounds, the opponent so wounded loses one additional hit point for each wound inflicted by the sword.

Thus, an opponent hit for four points of damage on the first melee round will automatically lose one additional hit point on the second and each successive round of combat. Loss of the extra point stops only when the creature so wounded bandages its wound or after 10 melee rounds (One turn).

Damage from a sword of wounding can be healed only by normal means (Rest and time), never by potion, spell, or other magical means short of a wish. Note that successive wounds will damage in the same manner as the first.
Out of Character: : After re-reading this, I role-played it incorrectly in the encounter with the fighter, but the past is the past…

Ring of Spell Turning: This ring distorts the three normal dimensions, causing many spells cast at the wearer to rebound upon the spellcaster. Sometimes, a spell's entire effect is turned against the caster; sometimes, a portion of the effect rebounds.

Some spells are immune from the effects of a ring of spell turning:

1. Spells that affect an area, and which are not cast directly at the ring wearer, are not turned by the ring.

2. Spells that are delivered by touch are not turned.

3. Magic contained in devices (Rods, staves, wands, rings, and other items) that are triggered without spellcasting are not turned. A scroll spell is not considered a device.

When a spell is cast at an individual wearing a ring of spell turning, 1d10 is rolled and the result is multiplied by 10. This score indicates what percentage of the spell has been turned back upon its caster.

Once the spell is turned, the effects must be determined. If the spell normally allows a saving throw, the intended target (The one wearing the ring) gains an automatic plus equal to the number rolled on the turning die. The caster receives a bonus equal to the number rolled on the turning die. The caster receives a bonus equal to the number rolled on this die subtracted from 10. For example, a charm person spell is cast at a character wearing a ring of spell turning. A 7 is rolled on the die, turning back 70% of the effect. The ring-wearer gains a +7 to his saving throw; the caster has a +3.

A saving throw is also allowed for spells which normally do not have one if 20% to 80% of the effect is turned. The saving throw adjustment is calculated as given above. No further adjustments are made for race, magical items, or any other condition including existing spells. To save, the character must have a modified die roll of 20 or greater. If the saving throw is made, the effect of the spell is negated. For example, an illusionist casts a maze spell at a fighter wearing a ring of spell turning. The spell normally allows no saving throw, but the ring turns 70% of the effect. The fighter is allowed a saving throw with a +7 modifier. The illusionist must also save, gaining only a +3. The fighter's die roll is 15, which saves (15+7 = 22); the illusionist's die roll is a 16 which, while close, fails (16+3 = 19). The illusionist becomes trapped in his own maze spell.

Once a spell is turned, the effects are divided proportionately between the two targets. If the spell causes damage, determine the damage normally and then assess the amount to each according to the percentage determined, rounding fractions to the nearest whole number. If a spell caused 23 points of damage, and 30% of it was turned, the intended victim would suffer 16 points of damage, while the caster would suffer 7. Durations are affected in a similar manner. In the above case, the spell duration would be 30% of its normal length for one character and 70% for the other. The effect of permanent spells for both characters remains unchanged.

Some spells affect a certain number of levels. When one of these is aimed at the ring wearer, the spell must be able to affect as many levels as the wearer and the spellcaster combined. If this condition is fulfilled, then the procedure above applies.

If the spellcaster and spell recipient both wear spell turning rings a resonating field is set up, and one of the following results will take place:

01-70
Spell drains away without effect
71-80
Spell affects both at full effect
81-97
Both rings permanently lose their magic
98-00
Both individuals go through a rift into the Positive Energy plane

A ring wearer who wants to receive a spell must remove the ring of spell turning to be able to do so.
Ring of Sustenance: This magical ring provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment even though he or she might go for days without food or drink. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs to sleep only two hours per day to gain the benefit of eight hours of sleep.

The ring must be worn for a full week in order to function properly. If it is removed, the wearer immediately loses its benefit and must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself. After functioning for any period of seven consecutive days, a ring of sustenance will cease to function for a week while it replenishes itself.

Figurines of Wondrous Powers: There are several kinds of figurines of wondrous power. Each appears to be a tiny statuette of an animal an inch or so high. When the figurine is tossed down and a command word spoken, it becomes a living animal of normal size (Except when noted below). The animal obeys and serves its owner.

If a figurine of wondrous power is broken or destroyed in its statuette form, it is forever ruined, all magic is lost, and it has no power. If slain in animal form, the figurine simply reverts to a statuette and can be used again at a later time.

Onyx Dog: When commanded, this statuette changes into a creature with the same properties as a war dog, except that it is endowed with Intelligence of 8-10, can communicate in the Common tongue, and has exceptional olfactory and visual abilities. The olfactory power enables the onyx dog to scent the trail of a known creature 100% of the time if the trail is one hour old or less, -10% per hour thereafter. The dog is subject to being thrown off by false trails, breaks, water, and masking or blocking substances or scents. The visual power enables the onyx dog to use 90-foot-range infravision, spotting hidden (Such as in shadows) things 80% of the time, normally invisible things 65% of the time, and noting astral, ethereal, and out-of-phase things 50% of the time. For details, see "Dog, War '' in the Monstrous Compendium. An onyx dog can be used for up to six continuous hours, once per week. It obeys only its owner.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2016 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter says, "Give the man his 100gps, the information was well worth it!"

He then looks at the group while rubbing his palms together, "So, who is taking what? How much gold do we have left?"

He pauses and says, "I like them all but am drawn to the sword, and ring of spell turning."

9th Jun, 2016 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Arcane says...

After returning to the Inn with the group and bringing them up to the room that he has rented he starts to talk to Hunter and Drethen. “To me there seems to be 2 items of great value, 1 item of note and 3 lesser items. To me the 2 items of power are that Sword of Wounding and the Ring of Spell Turning. The plate mail is decent. With the shield, Onyx Dog and Ring of Sustenance being of lessor use. “ Ardo take a brief pause while he composes his thoughts.
“I am interested in that Ring and here is my thinking of why. I will be the one most likely in Spell battles with other casters and an advantage of that ring will help me come out on top more often and not being shut down or stopped from casting will help us go further in our adventures. Also if I need to cast a healing spell on one of you in battle I do not want to waste the time of getting you to remove your ring in the midst of a fight.“
Ardo them grabs the Sword and Ring and places them at the head of his bed then he takes the armor and places it in the middle and finally places the last ring, shield and figurine at the bottom of the bed.
“How are we going to decide whom gets what from this haul before us. You know my feelings on the Ring, I know both of your feelings on the Sword. Drethen you expressed interest in the Plate Mail if you did not get the sword. In an ideal world Hunter would take the sword, Drethen the Plate Mail, myself the Ring and we then figure out whom wants what is left and even up through the gold. We can draw lots to see whom gets to pick first, roll dice or come to some agreement. If we decide through luck, going forward I suggest we use the method of whomever picked first will pick last the next time and whomever picked second and third will use luck to decide whom picks first that time.”.

9th Jun, 2016 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Page 186 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter watches Ardo with a suspicious eye, "Let me hear what the others have to say before I put my view out."

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2016 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Drethen will allow hunter to have the sword and he will take the plate mail and shield. That way there is no hard feelings. If no one wants the dog Drethen will express interest in that too. The other items he will let others have.

10th Jun, 2016 - 12:18am / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

The Arcane says...

"I would love the ring if you want the rest of the gold Hunter or do you have interest in the dog also?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jun, 2016 - 12:44am / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 186

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter rubs his chin.

"You've twisted my arm, I will take the sword and the ring of sustenance which will come in handy for perilous times. Do we have an agreement?"

After the answer he also inquires what's the remaining gold to be divided as he needs to get a cloak. He will asks the mage if they have any cheap cloak that is above the normal cloth.

10th Jun, 2016 - 1:22am / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 186

The Arcane says...

"Well I guess that leaves the dog for me to take. If my math is correct I that leaves 106 gold pieces, 6 silver and 7 copper for you both and I will take 1 less copper this time." Once Drethen and Hunter leaves Ardo will go to the market and purchase a small amount of berries for a silver then I will cast 3 good berry spells before going to sleep that night.

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.