Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 221 of 533

This the eleventh and twelfth round. Davik - Page 221 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Aug, 2016 - 11:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 533 pgs.  217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
4th Aug, 2016 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 221

The Watcher from the Aether says...

This is the ninth and tenth round of combat.

Ardo, for all of his bravado, swings and misses at the closest undead as it steps up to engage him. Ralph, on the other hand, is able to take a chunk out of a zombie’s leg, but it doesn’t seem to slow the creature down much. Davik fires two arrows at a zombie and manages to hit it with one of them. The arrow hangs out of the side of the zombie’s head, pulling his head to one side, but other than that, doesn’t seem to slow it down, either.

Hunter makes an off balance attack on the zombie in front of him. His sword grazes the zombie, but it’s enough to make the creature lose its balance and fall down. As it falls, it hits its head on the hard stone floor. You hear a dull ‘smack’ as the zombie lies motionless. Drethen swings and is able to finish off the creature that he damaged earlier.

Gabriel swings his Morningstar but misses his intended target. Jess fires two arrows into the fray and damages the zombie that Ralph had attacked but the creature remains standing. The bugbears attack again, doing their average of taking out two of their three opponents.

Jude calls back to Hunter, “I would love to show you the warmth of peach and caring, but you are too deep in your wayward combat for me to reach you. You’ll have to make your way back to me before I can show you that peace is a more divine path than aggression.”

The undead fill the gaps of their fallen brethren as they attempt to subdue the party. They all fail to make contact except for Ralph taking a hit (7hp), Ardo takes another hit (Possibly in response to the taunting, 1hp), and Gabriel takes a hit (1hp).

Ardo, caught off balance by the skeleton’s attack, misses on his attempt to return the favor. Davik fires off two more arrows in defense of the bugbears, but both of his arrows go wide as he tries to avoid hitting the wide bodied bugbears.

Hunter attacks the new zombie that steps in front of him and gets a pretty good lick on it, but this one seems tougher than the one before him and doesn’t seem too phased by the attack. Drethen attacks a skeleton. He hits it but due to the fact that the skeleton is able deal with sword attacks much better than bludgeoning weapons, the skeleton remains standing. Taking another swing at the same skeleton, Drethen damages it further, but it continues to defy his sword and remains standing.

Sponsored Links:
4th Aug, 2016 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Blacksmith says...

Davik fires even more arrows into the undead attacking the Bugbears, hoping to continue to thin the herd.

Davik Smithson Results:
  • Attack Rolls on D20 (+0): 9, 17 (2 rolls)
  • Damage Rolls on D6 (+0): 2, 6 (2 rolls)

4th Aug, 2016 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dawn Seeker says...

Gabriel sighs, trying to calm his frustration. Both at his inability at hitting these undead but also because of Jude's insistance at preaching against violence in a situation like this.

The paladin told himself to have patience and want until after this was all over, but he made a mental note to have a long discussion with Jude once this was all done. Instead, he continues to swing his morningstar.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Aug, 2016 - 6:50pm

Gabriel Results:
  • Attack (Set 1) on D20 (+0): 7, 15, 17 (3 rolls)
  • Damage (Set 1) on D4 (+0): 1, 4, 1, 2, 3, 3 (6 rolls)
  • Attack (Set 2) on D20 (+0): 4, 5, 9 (3 rolls)
  • Damage (Set 2) on D4 (+0): 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (6 rolls)

4th Aug, 2016 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

Page 221 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Out of Character: Dungeon Master love your descriptions!

In Character: Annoyed by Jude's holier than thou attitude he shouts back, "Ok preacher, stay close." Hunter then tries to negotiate a way to get to where he can be healed while hacking at the undead.

Hunter Results:
  • Sword on D20 (+1): 7, 11 (2 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+1): 5, 8 (2 rolls)

4th Aug, 2016 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Arcane says...

"Oi Jude, I think your insights are falling upon deaf ears. Why not preach to the undead to see if they will all lie down so we can bury them properly!. Gentlemen this is such a grand fight, I will be telling this story to my grandkids infront of the fire years from now. I will tell them of an endless sea of undead before me, my faithful friends by my side, oi how we were gods that day in striking down the undead!"

Ardo Results:
  • Close combat on D20 (+0): 14, 4, 10, 11, 9, 1 (6 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+1): 6, 2, 2, 7, 2, 2 (6 rolls)

4th Aug, 2016 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

Blacksmith says...

"I caution you against comparing yourself to the gods," says Davik as he focuses on the undead around his injured party member, in order to allow him to fall back.

Davik Smithson Results:
  • Attack Rolls on D20 (+0): 12, 14 (2 rolls)
  • Damage Rolls on D6 (+0): 6, 6 (2 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2016 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 221

Drethen is not fazed by the skeleton standing there as he knows the sword is not the best weapon to use against skeletons. He continues to swing again and again to rid the area of the foul undead.

5th Aug, 2016 - 11:30am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 221

The Watcher from the Aether says...

This the eleventh and twelfth round.

Davik fires off two more arrows. The second one hits but since his only targets are skeletons, the arrow chips some bone but otherwise has little effect. Gabriel gets off the next attack but is unable to make contact with his target.

Hunter negotiates his way past two of the bugbears to get near Jude. As he does so, he’s unable to make an effective attack against the undead. On the bright side, Jude is able to cast a healing spell on him (4hp) and tells him, “See? This is what love and harmony feels like. Not at all like the cold bight of anger and aggression.”

Ardo hits a skeleton sending it crashing to the ground while calling out to Jude. Jude responds by saying, “First, my good man, the undead didn’t start this fight. And second, before you can tell any tales to your grandchildren, you will have to live long enough to do so. And, I can tell you from experience, the road of violence puts the odds out of your favor.”

Drethen, trying to be unfazed about not taking down his foe in one blow, completely misses the vile creature on his back-up attack. Meanwhile, Jess continues to fire arrows at the undead nicking the skeleton fighting Gabriel. Ralph makes a feeble attack against his opponent. The gravity of his wounds appear to be slowing him down.

The three bugbears return to their average and take out two of their three opponents, despite having to make room and shuffle for Hunter to get by.

Once again the undead hoard step up to fill any holes in their ranks, walking over the bodies of their fallen comrades without a care for their thinning ranks. In response, the undead hit each of the bugbears, delivering blows that seem to take much of the fight out of the bugbears. And, tragically, the skeleton fighting Ralph is able to strike a blow cutting him down. The still form of Ralph lies on the cold stone floor for a moment before turning to mist and disappearing completely.

Gabriel, finding some inspiration from the loss of a comrade, strikes his skeletal opponent, destroying it. Hunter is able to take out the skeleton in front of him, despite using s sword against the boney creature. As the bones crumble to the floor, the bugbear next to him says, “That’s right, I softened it up for ya.”

Ardo, overcome with a tinge of emotion, misses his target as a tear forms in his eye over the loss of Ralph. His only comfort is in knowing that in another week, he’ll be able to summon Ralph back from whatever plane of existence he resides in while no at Ardo’s side.

Davik fires off two more arrows, each picks apart the skeleton in front of a bugbear until it can no longer stand and falls lifeless to the floor. And Drethen, recovering from his moment of failure, takes out two undead, one after another. Getting back on track, he writes off his previous two attacks as bad form.

Jess fires her two arrows at the zombie by Ardo and is able to bury one of her arrows deep in the zombie’s chest. The zombie, however, doesn’t seem to notice it. Despite being sorely wounded, the bugbears still do quite a bit of damage against their zombie opponents, despite the fact that only one fell.

The undead continue to surge forward taking out another party member as a bugbear is done in by a fatal blow of a skeleton’s short sword. The undead also surge into the gap in the party’s line taking the place that Ralph had been and allowing a second creature to attack Ardo, slashing him with their weapon (1hp).

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.