Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 230 of 533

Sorry, I seem to be having difficulty finding - Page 230 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Aug, 2016 - 2:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 533 pgs.  226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
12th Aug, 2016 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 230

Blacksmith says...

Out of Character: What's my share of the treasure? Also, what's the best armour I can get without compromising my stealth? Is there anything I can do to armour (Getting a wizard in town to enchant it, for example) to make it silent, so I can wear higher armour, but still be stealthy?

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2016 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Out of Character: : The best armor a thief can wear is leather. That's what the scores are based off of. Davik can wear other armor, but modifications will apply. Also, there are no resources available at the keep to enchant armor, weapons, or anything else. And, no, Davik does not find his gear anywhere that they've looked.

In Character: : Ardo provides the insight that any animated undead creature, once slain, cannot be re-animated due to the damage taken to destroy it in the first place. If the evil priests want to make more undead to fight their battles, they'll have to do it with fresh bodies.

The party gathers all of the wealth that they can carry, which consists of all of the non-copper coins in the treasury and the ancient texts that the two priests were studying.

They manage to make it out of the caves and back to the keep. There they go about the task of having their goods appraised and sold. In the process, they discover that the ancient texts are quite valuable and will sell for about 10,000 gp as a set. (I'm going to assume the party accepts that offer. I'll update info should you decide not to.)

They also have their captured goods checked for magic and identified. This reveals that they also picked up a set of chain mail +2 and a footman's mace +1 (I don't think these items were distributed yet.)

All in all, after a day of bartering, trading, and purchasing services, the party can sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Gold and Experience: Jess and Delgar, as npc's, get a full share of the gold, but only a half share of the experience. This leaves, after fees and taxes have been taken out, each character with:

Exp: 3717 each. (You can only go up one level. If this is enough to take you up two levels, you will be at one point below the next level. So, if you're 2nd and this is enough to put you to 4th, you would end up one point below 4th level.)

Gold: 2481gp each.

Gear Recovered:
Plate Mail X 4
Footman's mace X 3
Chain Mail +2
Scyth +1
Footman's Mace +1
Keoghtmen's Ointment X 3.

Reconcile Edited: Falrun on 13th Aug, 2016 - 1:10pm

13th Aug, 2016 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter looks at the others and says to buyer, "Of course we accept that offer."

Out of Character: I have no need of the weapons or armor so you call can take those if you wish.

What about the magical robes?

Dungeon Master: So in total to split among us we have:

4,521 sp, 680 ep, 13,994 gp, and 58 pp and 840 gps from semiprecious stones?

Group how are we splitting this up?

What happened to Jude, did he follow us?

Is there a larger city nearby where we can get better equipment and services?

13th Aug, 2016 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Page 230 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Blacksmith says...

Out of Character: Since I have the Armourer and Blacksmithing skill, can I cut down on the price of some of the things I need to buy by making them myself (Assuming, of course, that I can hire use of a smithy, or we go back to my home town). If so, I also offer that service to the rest of the party. Also, while I'm in the Keep, I look out that friend I was supposed to visit, and see if perhaps Glaeran, the Falcon I used to deliver messages to my smithy, had gotten here ahead of me.

Reconcile Edited: rossaldinho on 13th Aug, 2016 - 1:36pm

13th Aug, 2016 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Dawn Seeker says...

Out of Character: So not being able to go up more than one level, even being a one-point experience below level 4, does that mean that any excess experience is lost? Also a bit intrigued by this restriction… were you not planning on us being able to fight all those undead?

The question involving experience and being one point below fourth level, seems to not be applicable to my paladin since 4th level is in the 9000s and he's only in the 6000s. He does getting a weapon and non-weapon proficiency see though.

I will probably see about Gabriel getting his equipment blessed/enhanced at the Keep's temple, as well as getting a number of potions and a few other items… I wonder if he could afford a horse?

Edit: Also he gains a 10% experience boost, and he can now turn undead!

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Aug, 2016 - 2:00pm

13th Aug, 2016 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

Blacksmith says...

Out of Character: Weather or not I find my Falcon will decide what I do next. If I find her, I'd immediately line to send a message to my apprentices, letting them know what has occurred and that I'm ok. If not, I'd like to suggest returning to my home town, and offer my services in creating armour and weapons for the party.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2016 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 230

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Out of Character: : Hunter, I already cashed out the gems and converted all of the coins to gold. That's what went into the 2481 per party member gp award.

Jude is unwilling to accept a share of the gold, but is willing to accept donations for his services.

There are no larger cities within a couple of day's travel and in order to make any of your own equipment, it would take at least a week of effort to do so, and that's just for the simple stuff, leather armor, simple weapons, etc…

Yes, extra experience is lost. I use the one level per outing rule because I don't make characters train to gain levels. So, in place of your 'training', you have to spend some time at each level.

Any blessings that the chapel could provide would wear out long before you got back to the caves and you can purchase potions of healing at 100gp a piece with there being a total of five available.

And, Davik's friend is the proprietor of the pawn shop located in the keep.

13th Aug, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 230

Blacksmith says...

Sorry, I seem to be having difficulty finding what thieves get when they level up. Do you have a link to a book I can use, or could look it up for me?

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.