Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 239 of 533

"Might I make a suggestion?" says - Page 239 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Aug, 2016 - 10:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 533 pgs.  235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
18th Aug, 2016 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 239

Blacksmith says...

"You mentioned a mentor," said Davik "Someone higher up in your order? Also, to which of the gods do you swear your allegiance. I'm not very religious myself, but I dedicate everything I make to the elven smith god, Vaul. If my parents work at his anvil, I just ask that they are happy."

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2016 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Arcane says...

As Ardo listen to the men chat he realized other than campfire chats he knew very little of the lives of this group. He was glad to get some insight into his companions lives as he was going to have to count on them when facing danger. “Interesting lives you gentleman have led. I am now the longest standing member of this group. Now as of today I have seen 4 companion perish in this endevour to clear out the valley. Truly it is an evil and cursed place that must be cleansed so the people in the area can live without fear. Now since you have both shared your history with me if you care I will tell you story up until this day.”
Ardo orders a mug of ale from the barkeep. “Long ago my grandfather made riches by joining a band of adventurers and defeating evil. He retired, bought a lot of farm land and had children. Those children then got married had had my siblings and cousins. Now I have quite a few siblings and cousins and probably being the smartest of the bunch I realized at a young age that there will be no land for me to inherit and farm. Besides I truly detest farming, very smelly and dirty work. My Grandfather realized when I was young, that I had the talents for becoming a cleric arranged for our local clergy to mentor me. That is how a son of a farmer became a cleric of Bleredd the smith to the gods. “ After another long pull from the mug of ale Ardo begins speaking again.
“So while I was growing up I would spend a few days a week in the chapel generally being an errand boy for the priest. I realized my true calling when our village was hit by a band of goblins. Father Donavan and my Grandfather lead the fight to them. That day I thought my Grandfather had died due to a gruesome spear wound he had taken in the back from a goblin. Father Donavan called upon Bleredd and my Grandfather was healed of his wounds. “ Pulling the large mug up and taking a hearty drink Ardo finishes off his drink and continues his story.
“Once I reached manhood, my grandfather purchased a suit of armour for me, Father Donavan gave me a few of his warhammers and my father had bartered for a shield in exchange for some chickens. I have started my so called adventuring life by being a guard on a caravan. With nothing of note ever happening I ended up in this keep and ran into some adventurers that were cleaning out this valley of evil and I joined up with them. First thing I ran into was seeing a trader named Mendal raising some undead and sending them off to the back entrance of that cave complex we were in. We fought some skeletons, lived and went onwards. Then we fought a troll, first time I had seen a gruesome death and unfortuantly it was one of our group. That day as a group we fled in terror from that troll. We gathered back in town and then set back out for the valley again. We cleared out a cave of kobalds and found a dragon egg. Which we sold to purchase better equipment. We went back and clear out a cave of bandits. Second mistake we made was showing mercy to the enemy by letting them go with what we thought was justice. Turns out the people we let go just went and grabbed some friends, caught us, and luck happening the city guard seen us and chased them away. Though they did take one of our group with them. I found his body animated into a zombie and sent it to its final rest. So to me that means the bandits and evil clerics are working together. After that we lost another of our group as he decided he no longer liked being an adventurer. We then ran into Hunter and Gabriel shortly after that encounter and they joined up with us as we attacked the clerics home. We saved you ransacked the place a bit and we are here today.”
“Now Davik and Gabriel we do not have a true leader in this group, we vote on our actions going forward and the majority wins the day. When we are out in the field, I do not vote on a course of action unless it is a tie. Once they vote has been done we go forward with the results with no infighting until we are back to safety. I wonder if Hunter, Drethen, Delgar and Jude are ready to go back to the valley?”.

Reconcile Edited: Buddha on 18th Aug, 2016 - 8:34pm

18th Aug, 2016 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Blacksmith says...

"I too would like to rid the land of these undead," said Davik "Though the thought of this slithering tracker does trouble me. The only solution I have come up with is to buy a bag of flour per party member and throw it on the slithering tracker so we can at least be able to hit it. Perhaps you can illuminate the flour so we can see it even in the darkness? A little bit of an unconventional strategy, but I am not thrilled at the prospect of being followed by an invisible creature."

18th Aug, 2016 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Page 239 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Arcane says...

"I too fear this creature, I have prayed for a spell to illuminate enemies. I have also purchased a light spell that I can drop and brighten the area if we get attacked at night. The flour is also a good idea. "

18th Aug, 2016 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Blacksmith says...

"If we cannot hit it with the flour, spreading it on the floor might at least allow us to see where it moves," said Davik "I have placed most of my gold in the bank, but have 20 gold pieces with me. I could make arrangements for the flour, if you wish, or should we first discuss it with the rest of the party?"

Reconcile Edited: rossaldinho on 18th Aug, 2016 - 8:52pm

18th Aug, 2016 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter buys the potions for poison and disease. He announces, "I have ordered 10 healing potions. It will take 4 days for it to be made and 2 will be left over from the 4th day's batch. I suggest waiting or continue without me and I may catch up. I will also suggest we all get more of these to lessen the chance of death.

Out of Character: I have removed the 1500gps and added the potions to my equipment in advance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2016 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 239

Drethen speaks up having arrived as Ardo was speaking. "I am ready to head back and rid that cursed valley of more of the evil. It being close to this keep makes this area unsafe for all. We need to keep at it until we are able to clean out those caves. Getting the clerics out of the way will help a lot as they will not be able to create more evil."

19th Aug, 2016 - 10:38am / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 239

Blacksmith says...

"Might I make a suggestion?" says Davik "If this slithering tracker that killed Jess was truly sent after our party, we should deal with it now, as the darkness of the caves where we fought before would be exactly it's kind of fight. Now, from Ardo's research, we know that the creature is invisible. Without a magical means to thwart invisibility, I suggest buying bags of flour, and either using it to render the creature more visible, or at least see where it steps so we can aim at it easier. I suggest this because if it's after us, and I see no other alternative, what if we get in a fight in the caverns, and it chooses this moment to strike? What if we leave Hunter here, and it strikes at him without the protection of the rest of the party? I think our best option is to try to kill it here, before returning to deal with the undead."

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.