Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 270 of 533

As Davik sees the battle is going in their - Page 270 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2016 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 533 pgs.  266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
13th Sep, 2016 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 270

The Watcher from the Aether says...

The cleric next to Drethen begins chanting. But Drethen is able to get a powerful swing in on the cleric as he is focused on his prayer and knocks the concentration out of him. Ardo, seeing that the cleric next to Hunter is already held by his Hold Person spell from last round, turns his attention to the cleric next to Drethen. Ardo yells, “Sleep”, but the man seems to shake it off and continues to stand and fight.

Nabu-Nisir, having little recourse after having his spell disrupted, falls back into a defensive posture trying to avoid taking any additional damage. Gabriel, still not wanting to attack a female while a male foe is still a threat, moves over to Drethen’s side and takes advantage of Nabu being off balance and lands a solid hit with this long sword.

Hunter, seeing the battle coalesce around the male cleric, fires off two shots at him. He can see the arrows strike their mark, but the man remained on his feet. “How much more can one man take?!?” Hunter thinks to himself. Meanwhile, Tishpak and Delgar continue to observe the battle from their frozen positions hoping that their side will somehow win the battle as Jude chimes in, “Now you should see that nothing good ever comes from violence. After this battle is completed, there will still be the picking up of pieces. Not to mention the mending of broken spirits as well as bodies.”

Davik, taking advantage of the chaos and Nabu being overwhelmed, sneaks in behind him and is able to finish him off with one swift jab of his blade. The cleric in plate mail drops to his knees before falling over, dead, on the ground. Just as he does so, Shamhat calls out the last lines of her prayer and Drethen suddenly feels cool and oddly comfortable in his metal armor.

Out of Character: : I’m starting to dig this method for resolving combat. The only problem is that it requires me to go round by round, it’s not that easy to do multiple rounds in one post. And, it will require everybody to provide a fresh set of rolls with each post. I’d like to get all of your opinions on that and see what the consensus is. If you all don’t want to have to provide an initiative roll for each post, I can use my application to randomly assign initiative and then resolve combat in that order. I don’t think I makes much of a difference, but it’s up to you. I can also use the rolls of those who provide one and assign a roll to those who don’t.

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2016 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter is amazed but not so baffled that he cannot keep firing.

Out of Character: If he is still doesn't that give a +5 to his hit? Why would you want to go round by round if we submit 4 rounds at once? We could just state what we would do for the four rounds and let common sense carry the rest?

Hunter Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+3): 22, 15, 17, 7 (4 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+3): 7, 6, 6, 8 (4 rolls)

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2016 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Yes I have found that having multiple rounds submitted helps the game move a bit quicker. I use the initiative at the beginning to rule the whole battle unless one rolls a 1 then they go to the end of the initiative line.

In Character: Drethen feels comfortable and cool in his armor. He keeps swinging his sword if he can.

13th Sep, 2016 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Page 270 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Arcane says...

Ardo decides to focus on the female cleric with Drethen as a hole has opened up with the falling of the other cleric. Donning his Mace and shield he steps forth besides Drethen and begins swinging his mace. “There will be no quarter from me lady, you have desecrated this valley with the raising of the dead.”

Out of character: I do not mind doing 1 round at a time. I have supplied multiple rolls just in case everyone misses so you can maybe do a 2nd round.

Ardo Results:
  • Close Combat Roll on D20 (+1): 7, 14, 3, 5, 16, 17 (6 rolls)
  • Saves on D20 (+0): 15, 18, 7, 5, 3, 13 (6 rolls)
  • Damage on D20 (+2): 11, 21, 13, 10, 18, 22 (6 rolls)
  • Spell Turning Ring on D10 (+0): 5, 10, 7, 2, 5, 4 (6 rolls)
  • Inititave on D10 (+0): 5, 3, 9, 1, 9, 7 (6 rolls)

13th Sep, 2016 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Drethen charges the last remaining female cleric hoping to make a quick end to the battle. His attack connects, but it seems to be rather superficial. At the same time, his armor which just previously seemed cool and comfortable, is now down right icy. (2hp damage)

Jude continues to mumble in the background, “I can see it now all of the clean-up that I’ll be needing to do due to the recklessness of these folks…” Meanwhile, Hunter launches two more arrows at the female cleric. They both find their mark and she continues to take damage. Ardo, seeing an opportunity, steps up beside Drethen, but is unable to land a solid hit on the cleric.

Just after warding off his attack, the female cleric pulls out a bottle and pours the contents all over herself. Gabriel and Davik move in to lend their aid in the attack, but only Davik is able to damage the cleric.

Drethen continues his attack, but is unable to effect the cleric. His armor is no freezing to the point of being painful (2 HP damage). Ardo is able to hit the cleric, but his attack doesn’t seem to have much of an effect. Gabriel, still at odds with attacking a female, misses.

Hunter fires off two more arrows and hits with one, but it’s still not enough to bring the cleric down. The cleric, finding an opening, attacks Gabriel somehow inherently realizing the ‘good’ in him which makes her that much more aggressive towards him. She’s able to hit Gabriel (4 HP damage) with her scythe.

13th Sep, 2016 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

The Arcane says...

Ardo steps back and hopes to end the battle quickly he decides to cast a hold person spell only on the female cleric.

Out of character: Just directing the hold person at her so she gets a -2 to her saving throw. If you are doing 2 rounds of combat at once after that I will go up and finish off the other held cleric before the spell wears off unless someone is about to die in the party then I will do a cure light wounds.

Ardo Results:
  • Saves on D20 (+0): 10, 20, 6, 15, 18, 5 (6 rolls)
  • Spell Turning on D10 (+0): 9, 6, 9, 2, 2, 9 (6 rolls)
  • Initiative on D10 (+0): 9, 5, 5, 9, 1, 7 (6 rolls)
  • Close Combat on D20 (+1): 20, 4, 18, 7, 21, 14 (6 rolls)
  • CLW if needed on D8 (+0): 1, 7, 6 (3 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Sep, 2016 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 270

Elf Bowman says...

Hunter thinks briefly that he should be using his sword to inflict constant damage and yet he is too much into the current swing of things to change weapons so he instead continues to fire arrows.

Hunter Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+3): 21, 7, 4, 6 (4 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+3): 5, 4, 7, 8 (4 rolls)

13th Sep, 2016 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #
Davik Smithson
Thief Level 3 xp265040...
Character
Novice / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 270

Blacksmith says...

As Davik sees the battle is going in their favour, he says: "Keep one alive. We need to ensure there are not more we need worry about."

He continues, focusing on the unheld female cleric.

Davik Smithson Results:
  • Attack Rolls on D20 (+0): 9, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Damage (Longsword) on D20 (+0): 17, 15 (2 rolls)
  • Saves on D20 (+0): 15, 14, 8, 6 (4 rolls)

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.