Zudguard Introduction - Page 2 of 2

User Zudguard unsubscribed and has been placed - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 10:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2015 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

Zudguard Introduction - Page 2

Zudguard, you may want to utilize this: Game Master's Nag Player Button so that your Role-playing Game keeps pace.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2015 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Zudguard

Zudguard, this is in reference to this Post.

First, when you write all your text jumbled like that two things happen: the site seeks to break it up as much as it can because you are causing off page scrolls. In a mobile someone will see the text running off the screen. The other thing is when the text is jumbled it reads differently, especially with special characters.

Remember in writing we describe what is being done, said or happening using adjectives / adverbs - the text itself does not do that.Therefore, the description you want to create can be like this:

The creature speaks without taking a breath and the words come out of his mouth without pause or break as he says, "X" all at once. Then whatever he says is written normally because you described how he is saying it.

Second, while I'm on it. I ask that you and the Players use the Role-playing Game Etiquette so that your game has a better format. In this site brackets like this: "[" and "]" is actually used for code. Also it does not explain to a reader the purpose of the bracketed text so there becomes a mix-up of In Character: with Out of Character: with Specific Action: with completely off topic.

I will like your feedback on this at your convenience. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Zudguard Introduction
A Friend

Zudguard Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Lets get the Role-playing Game Etiquette out of the way. Ok, I shall endeavor to use it. I shall also put a post in the non main story thread to encourage the others to use it. I liked using [ ] as they seemed non intrusive, but it isn't worth fighting to use it when the site wants to recognize them as something else. Done.

As to my use of run together words. This comes from how I typically operate for most things. I don't tend to gravitate towards norms, and with English I was never a very good student. (Is my only language but was always bad at it, attempting to learn others yielded similar results) Thus the standard practices for something like this never really reached me.

I don't plan on continuing to use it, it seems very hard to type with any speed without spaces, and to read it. I just liked the form of it, emulating the feel of being right there listening to such a character and developing a headache as you try to follow what he is saying.

I hope that sorts these issues out.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Zudguard Introduction
A Friend

Page 2 Introduction Zudguard

Re: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main Role-playing Game - Page 43 of 43

Sorry! I think I may have clicked the submit button more than once. It came up with an internal server error (500 I think) so I pressed back and tried to submit again. Somehow I managed to post the exact same thing three times in a row.

Could someone please delete all the copies? It doesn't look like I can do it myself.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Introduction Zudguard

Hi Zudguard! Thank you for letting us know. The system usually makes backups / upgrades around the hour you posted so probably this is why you got the 500 error.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2016 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 95
Flag Posts: 1,434
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.0%
[+] Gain: 627.77 FP
Charm: 68

Zudguard Introduction

Hey Zudguard,

We haven't heard from you in a little while in your 5E game. I hope everything is ok; but if I don't hear from you soon I'm probably going to drop out of the game.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 29th May, 2015 - 4:34pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard Introduction - Page 2

User Zudguard unsubscribed and has been placed on Limited status pending deletion.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Zudguard Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,