Behold His Face - Page 4 of 4

QUOTE I would say where is your faith? As - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Jul, 2008 - 6:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
2 Nephi 9:38
27th Jul, 2008 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Behold His Face - Page 4

I would say where is your faith?

As in King Benjamin's discourse there are times I have not completely yielded to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and I still haven't completely put off the natural man and and I am still working to fully become a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord.
My faith is that I can do this through the merits and mercy of my savior. My faith is that he can fully save, and fully redeem me. But I am sufficiently knowledgeable of my own pride and shortcomings to know that I am subject to falling from grace. I have faith in my Savior, but I do not have faith in myself.

D&C 20: 33
  33 Therefore let the church take heed and pray always, lest they fall into temptation;

D&C 82: 2
  2 Nevertheless, there are those among you who have sinned exceedingly; yea, even all of you have sinned; but verily I say unto you, beware from henceforth, and refrain from sin, lest sore judgments fall upon your heads.

And most importantly

D&C 20: 32
      32 But there is a possibility that man may fall from grace and depart from the living God;

I have a growing faith in the works and grace of may Savior, but I have little faith in my own abilities and a justifiable fear that if I do not watch my thoughts and deeds that I can indeed fall from grace.

I do not have the ability to see in others how their eternal journeys are progressing, but it is nice to see when the light of Christ can be seen in another's eyes.

I appreciate these discussions that we have, as they have been a boost to my own faith and testimony. Thanks

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Behold His Face

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,