Knowledge By Visions - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Nick)I know there are cookies who say - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jul, 2010 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
2 Nephi 4:23
19th Jul, 2010 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Knowledge By Visions - Page 2

Liahona,
I hope I didn't come across as prideful.I truly treasure my spiritual experiences, but how tuned to the spirit I am seems to wax and wane. When I'm deep into scripture study, I notice that I am more in tune than when I am distracted with everyday life.

Nick,
I commend you on your boldness, It's refreshing to see some one else who's willing to share their experiences. Your description of visions is very accurate, according to my own experiences. I think it is good to share these things, as long as everyone remembers that only the Prophet can say "thus sayeth the LORD". Other peoples visions and personal revelations should be weighed against known scripture, and if you happen to be in tune to the spirit you might receive conformation from the spirit of their truthfulness. I rarely here a TRUE witness in testimony meeting, but when I do it is always accompanied by the spirit.
I too have been shown a glimpse of my future. I've never seen the Lord face to face. I still seek his face. I have heard his voice and felt His presence. I have factual knowledge that He is who he says He is. My friend, my brother, and my Lord and Savior.
I don't know if I agree with you, that the eyes of the prophets have been closed or that the Church has been hi-jacked. In resent conferences we were given instruction about receiving revelation, such as "remember to ask if that is all you are suppose to receive", and "write it down". We were also given a description of how they decide where to send the missionaries. This doesn't sound like GA with closed eyes. If you would, however, please explain why you think this. I do have an open mind, and would like to hear your point of view.

It says in D&C 88:81

international QUOTE
"...it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor. "

So , with that in mind ,I'll share a portion of a resent revelation I received. This came while I was contemplating the truthfulness of John Taylors vision of destruction. I'll paraphrase this because the exact wording might not be appropriate.
The warning was simply this, that I should make a stronger commitment to the Kingdom of God, and prepare myself to do my part.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2010 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Knowledge By Visions
A Friend

Visions Knowledge

I have had a lot of visions, and received knowledge, but most of it I keep to my self. I share some of the things to people when the spirit tells me to do it. But would not share to much in a open forum like this, for some people are not ready to receive it all.
as in (D and C 19:22)

international QUOTE
For they cannot bear meat now, but milk they must receive; wherefore, they must not know these things, lest they perish.

but as there once were said
international QUOTE
  "God hath not revealed anything to Joseph, but what he will make known unto the Twelve, and even the least Saint may know all things as fast as he is able to bear them

We can see exsample of that in the Book of mormon, Nephi received vision of all that the prophet Lehi had seen, even though Nephi were not the prophet at the time.
but we shall not share things that the world are not ready for yet.

Nightvisions comes when I have prayed and ask for knowledge, and I am ready to receive it. I love the Gospel, and happy for the thing I have heard and seen..

24th Jul, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Knowledge By Visions Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (1830thetruth)
I have had a lot of visions, and received knowledge, but most of it I keep to my self.

That is what I have thought most would do. There are some things that I have noticed about most (I did not say "all" so stay calm) who do share it publicly though:

1. The first is does their claim match their words. The 'vision' gives them an attitude of "know it all" and yet they speak with a sense of brutal arrogance and even insults that does not seem to match their unique vision. Whereas I thought they would come in a more Christlike approach they use one of those similar to pub goers.

2. The other is deception. They boast about seeing this or that being and having great knowledge passed to them but never quite say that it is their mission to broadcast it to the world. Neither do they show how what they say they saw and heard matches with scripture or the Doctrine of the Church. Most times it is just their opinion and nothing more than that.

3. Lastly, what is the point? If something was shared sacred to you wouldn't you want to keep it that way so you can get more? Why trample it all over it and make yourself a target for ridicule? However I believe I know why they do it... If they went and told their 'visions' to the Bishop or other Members they know it will sound contrary and they could end up losing their Membership.

Now that is my opinion from observation.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Visions Knowledge

Name: Nick

Comments: SusiSu, don't mistake sure knowledge for arrogance or a lack of humility. I was mearly stating fact.

As for my sounding odd for being so bold and not being a prophet with the responsibility of voicing things like this in public...What makes me any less of a prophet concerning my own personal experiences?

I share what I do for the purpose of letting others know that these things are available to ALL of us. And if I keep my mouth closed, how will you know?

I know there are cookies who say and do things they shouldn't just as JB described. But not all who open their mouths have distorted ideals or motives.

I wish you could experience what has so blessed my life. That is why I have said what I said.

Maybe you are correct in saying it may be too much for others to absorb. But I can't know who that might be and I don't want to deprive those who may be given hope to search for and aquire such experiences with God.

Should I close my mouth for the sake of the unbelievers, or open my mouth for the sake of those who have a desire to believe?

We ARE a people who SHOULD be expressing our knowledge and love for God, whatever that might be. It's not bragging, it's sharing. And I do know there is some sacred knowledge that shouldn't be shared. But what exactly was it that I said that fit that sort of sacred bill?

Doing this publicly is not casting pearls before swine on my part. It's mearly testifying to the world that God does live and is more than willing to speak with anyone with a repentant heart.

I did mention I've had a tough go of doing things that haven't always pleased the Lord, and I'm painfully aware of those things. So a lack of humility shouldn't be an issue.

You are only reading and seeing what you want to hear in piece meal, as opposed to what I said. Read ALL of it and place the whole thing within that context.

I'll be the first to BOLDLY proclaim the things I've said and feel no betraying shame for them.

I feel like I would be betraying God & you if I didn't share them.

And if I am wrong for doing this, I apologize for offending you or anyone else.

29th Jul, 2010 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Visions Knowledge

Nick, You seemed to have picked up on the word BOLD that I used. I meant it in the since that in order to be valiant we need to be BOLD. I wasn't attacking you. I actually don't know of any scripture that says that if we share our revelatory experiences, we won't have anymore. I've read in scriptures where the Lord specifically says not to share "this Part". But, thats never happened to me. Obviously there are some things that shouldn't be shared, but I see no harm in sharing the fact that it dose happen. Most of what has been communicated to me, I later found scripture to back it up. So it was nothing new anyways, it was just being brought to my attention.
There are a couple problems though. One, is in thinking that we are unique or special. We are not. I'd guess that a large percent of the membership receives revelations from time to time. I made this mistake after my first big experience. I tried to be humble, but it was so overwhelming that I wanted to tell the world. And it made me feel important.
The second problem I see, is that there are a slew of false prophets on the internet. So everyone should have their guard up. I watch for things that don't sound right or fit what I know to be true. Some of them are very convincing and very intelligent, but push damning false doctrine.

So anyways, I'm still interested in your point of view regarding a hi-jacked church, and closed eyed prophets. If you have information to back this up, please share.

Mark1616

29th Jul, 2010 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Knowledge By Visions

international QUOTE (Nick)
I know there are cookies who say and do things they shouldn't just as JB described. But not all who open their mouths have distorted ideals or motives.

Ironic that you should quote me because many of your ideas that you Post as a Guest do not make it here to a Public setting. You may have some points that are interesting, but when it turns into insulting the intelligence or gender or people I see nothing visionary about it.

international QUOTE (mark1616)
So anyways, I'm still interested in your point of view regarding a hi-jacked church, and closed eyed prophets. If you have information to back this up, please share.

Don't encourage this please. First of all this Thread isn't about that and most of those comments is for the LDS Mature section where things like that can be Discussed in a proper setting.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Knowledge By Visions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,