Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 21 of 48

As you start talking, Camelia takes out a - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Nov, 2015 - 7:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 48 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 21

Brennic blinks a few times in the dawns light.

"Okay, I'll admit. Seeing the sun is a relieving and welcome sight. I..."

Brennic's stomach rumbles and he remembers that it's been a while since they ate.

"Perhaps we discuss further matters over breakfast?" He adds hopefully. "I can tell you all of the devil-man's wickedness, his foul magics and then how we smote him. And there is more to tell besides..."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Cadmus grins at Brennic. "Not so bad, eh? We'll get you up with the worshippers before too long, and there's even time for a nap this afternoon if you need one. But I agree, we have much to discuss. Any recommendations for a place to get good food?"

Cadmus will follow the group to the Unnatural Rose, if that's the best place they know of, preferably bringing the Captain along (And if she covers the cost, even better!).

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Casually chatting with you on the way to the Unnatural Rose Inn, Camelia calls out to the Inn-keep "Remus! Your finest meal and some ale for us all, they deserve the best this morning for dealing with our problem."

Sitting down at a table large enough for you all she places a large pouch on it. Your reward....as promised. I managed to requisition quite the haul for you all. The few scouts I sent down to the sewers to check it out have reported a return to normal down there, many thanks.

"Now," She leans in once you are all seated with food, "Do tell me what you encountered down there, I am most interested."

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 21 RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Cadmus frowns a bit. "They discovered myself and Screed here, who had wandered into the sewers looking for answers to the terrible nightmares we had been suffering. We found rats of all shapes and sizes, then followed them to their source. When we found the one who belonged to the head over there, he was conducting a mad black ritual at some sort of fever-inspired contraption. His conviction in his madness was significant for some diseased deity to provide him with the power to bewitch the rats. We scattered the rats, and the teifling chose to fight us rather than surrender. The fight was a bit anticlimactic," He sniffs. "His attempt to attack my mind was sticken down by my training in the disciplines in my god, and with might and magic we bested him. His body was blessed against rising as a revenant, and his works smashed to ruin. It appeared he was working alone. I expect you will have no further difficulty from that quarter."

Cadmus rises with a bow to the assembly. "If you will excuse me, I am in danger of being tardy on my obligations to my god. If any of you wish to celebrate this morning that we draw breath, you are welcome to join me. The rite takes but little time." With that, he walks out into the gathering dawn and performs to Rite of Greeting the Dawn in a small, personal way, inviting others to join him if they show interest. After about ten minutes, he returns, looking refreshed and ready to devour a warg, if one were present, braised and basted.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

"There are others down there. Friends... Or... Perhaps just some who's interests align with your own. One of them helped Cadmus and I find respite from a...." Skreed's voice trails off as he relizes he lacks the will to discuss the dreams that have plagued him.

"He told us to seek someone out. A 'Time weaver' or some such. Does that mean anything to you?"

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 9:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Brennic will follow Cadmus outside to take part in the Rite. He will be rather uncomfortable as he does not know the words and also because his mouth is full. Perhaps that is not the best way to appear before a divinity.

Returning he will continue eating and elaborate.

"The rats, yes, they were organised at first, attacking in ferocious swarms. Alexi and I stood firm with hammer and sword before the foul tide. Rhodavar brought down those flanking with his bow and Gradard immolated them with his powers. For a while it looked like we would be overwhelmed, suffering bites and scratches from our adversaries. No single wound was perilous but the strength of their numbers meant that we would suffer a death of a thousand bites. In the end though, our might was greater. We broke them and they scattered before us. We forged on meeting this warrior priest and giant. They shared our goals it seemed and we traveled to the source, this mad, mockery of a wholesome temple. Within was the mad devil man and a company of rodent followers. The devil-man had this infernal music device, you should ask Gradard more of that should you wish to know of it's workings. We confronted him and though he attempted to bewitch us with foul magics the aegis from Cadmus and the might of Skreed allowed us to prevail upon him. Now we are returned, but I wonder. Who made the device the devil-man was playing, from whom did he get his magics and who are his allies? Though he seemed but a lone madman he must of had help. He was getting food from someone at least. I feel he is but the start of our troubles."

Reconcile Edited: WilliamD on 11th Nov, 2015 - 9:43am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Nov, 2015 - 5:36am / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 21

The Repentant Soldier says...

Alexi chooses not to participate in the rite with Cadmus, his experiences having been filled with death and destruction he has come to the conclusion that the gods care little for the affairs of men and even if they did, Alexi is not so certain that people are worthy of the intercession of the gods given their penchant for inflicting evil upon each other. He says none of this but if his companions are perceptive enough they may be able to see it in his face and in his demeanor when Cadmus mentions his duty to his god.

Alexi eats quietly; he listens to Brennic describe their encounters in the sewers but he offers no additions to the tale. When Skreed mentions the potential friends in the sewers Alexi shifts somewhat in his chair uncomfortable with the information being given to the town guard for fear that the guard will seek to root out these "Friends" As squatters or at possibly see them as a threat in some way. He has witnessed similar actions before, in his mind those in positions of power do not tolerate such things for long, preferring those that operate or live within their domains provide them with some form of remuneration for the privilege of living in their city, even if they do live in the sewers. If those people have anything of value, the ruling class will expect their cut or they will seek to eliminate them.

But Alexi eats his fill and keeps these thoughts to himself and spends most of the time tucked away in the corner of the common room hoping to overhear but otherwise avoid the conversation.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 7:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

As you start talking, Camelia takes out a notebook and takes notes. "Rats you say? Being controlled by a Tiefling? Hmmmmm", she muses motioning for you to go on if you pause. "Friends? Down in the sewers? That's something new, I better talk to a few people about that."

As you return back to the conversation, Cadmus and Brennic, Remus brings in the main course. It isn't a warg, but is breakfast. A large cut of cold meat from the night before is accompanied by fruits and a sweet breakfast bread. The bread still warm from the oven.

"Well now! Looks like you dealt with the scourge from below, take it!" She gestures to the gold "You have more than earned every coin. One hundred gold, all yours to split as you please."

"I know nothing of a Time weaver, my life has been spent in the military with little study upon other topics. Your best bet might be to seek out the library of the Magi here, While they don't focus on time....or history I guess, they do have the largest store of knowledge in the town."

Camelia will continue to chat with you all as long as you wish, you have earned her respect. She will head off when it looks like you no longer have anything to talk/mention to her leaving the pouch of gold for you all on the table.

Gradard at some stage you wobble outside (You haven't slept since the night before) looking for your items. Even if you do scrape up enough gold from the party to find a pearl you are crestfallen to find that it isn't enough. ("Terribly sorry sir, but I just cannot accept 100g for this pearl. We are so far from the coast here that transport fees, guards and the like makes the market price for a pearl more like 500g, I can ask around, but I don't think I will be able to find one anywhere near your offer"). You do manage to pick up a feather for free but struggle to find items for your pistol. While describing what kind of piping you need to a confused looking blacksmith you suddenly realise that there might have been a workable pipe in the ruins of the Organ that Skreed demolished underground...

[From here on out guys, at least for a little while I am planning on more of a free play, you guys choose the direction, and are not beholden to anyone unless you put yourselves in that position. I will provide a little more description of the Town of Oharius here so you have more of an idea of what you can do. That is not to say there won't be adventures and quests(Or advancement of the main story line), but you will just have to look a little closer to find some of them]

The Fortress town of Oharius is right on the edge of the heartlands of the Empire. It is a large well walled town, that has not forgotten the rigors and threats of warfare, however there has not been a major battle in the region for over 100 years. It has a robust market as it acts as The Gateway to the center of the Empire. Almost all trade passes through this place. There is an average sized magi guild here, but that is normal, most towns and cities in the heartland have a substantial mage presence. There are multiple Inns and boarding houses, along with a sizable black smith district. They seem to supply much of the armies that the Empire uses to maintain its outer borders. The food of the town is provided by a collection of farms that have spilled out the North side of the walls (Into the heartland) and also by more, smaller farms to the south that surround hamlets. (Such as Brixia) Last but not least there is a Keep here, housing the local Lord, and also the Grand temple to Illmater. Surrounding this temple are several other slightly smaller ones, including a temple dedicated to Lathander.

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.