Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 26 of 48

If tasked with developing the watch Alexi - Page 26 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 11:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 48 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2015 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 26

Skreed balks at being spoken to in the manner one might address a dog. He has been the subject of this kind of thing before and, for a moment at least, his anger flares.

He cannot make out the markings on the letter this stranger has brought him but recognizes Cadmus' seal and holds it out to the rest of the party to see if they might verify the stranger's claim.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2015 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Aerendyl takes a step back at the sight of Skreed's glare. "Oh dear, it seems as if my way with words has gotten me into trouble again" he says. "I was directed after you by a man called Remus. Perhaps my letter will do a better job". He hands the letter to Alexi despite the suspicious glances.

Having overheard some of the other conversation, he takes a quick look at Arun and tries to detect any sign that he could be hiding something.

The letter has the following written on it in Common:

Dear friends,

Please forgive my abrupt departure, a skirmish to the North has called many of the brethren of our temple away urgently and I must fulfil my obligations.

I recommend Aerendyl to you in my stead, he is a sincere companion and an excellent healer and will serve you well.
I have known him for years and regard him well despite our differing beliefs.

When I met him at the temple and it became clear that he was having the same nightmares we all shared, he was as eager to join with you as I was to send him. I have informed him of our adventures together.

Farewell friends, may we meet again under better circumstances!

Cadmus

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2015 - 9:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Brennic looks relieved. "Well, we found the right place. The man who informed us of the troubles mentioned a cave or system of caves nearby. Perhaps they lurk within and fear to come out where goodness is in such evidence. We will look for it in the morning."

He turns to Aerendyl.

"Welcome to our band, friend of Cadmus. I am Brennic. You are a follower of a different divinity? Which one? Tempus perhaps? Or Tymora?"

Reconcile Edited: WilliamD on 2nd Dec, 2015 - 9:28am

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 26 RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Aerendyle, You see no reason not to trust Arun. He seems well lived and hard to read however.

"We have no spare houses, but feel free to bed down in the hay barn. I only ask you don't make a mess of things in there." He nods towards it, it is at the front of the village, you passed it on the way in.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

"Arun, thank-you for your kind offer, I will accept" says Aerendyl. "It has been a long day for me, much of it walking in the dark, so I will retire and meet you all in the morning."

Before leaving he turns to Brennic and says "My allegiance is to Silvanus, lord of the wilderness."

3rd Dec, 2015 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

The Repentant Soldier says...

Alexi looks over the letter briefly before reading it aloud to the others. Once finished he tucks the letter away into his pack "So, you have the nightmares as well? That's interesting" he pauses for moment reflecting on the information before realizing he has yet to welcome the newcomer "Anyway...welcome Aerendyl."

Looking toward the barn Alexi nods his appreciation "Thank you for your hospitality" he tells Arun. As the party heads toward the barn though he says in a hushed tone "I'm still not convinced that all is as it seems here. I think we should post a watch just to be safe...I will take the mid-watch"

In Alexi's experience mid-watch is the most difficult. Soldiers would often offer to take first watch in a feigned display of sacrifice, but the reality was that "Mids" were always more difficult because you had no sooner fallen asleep and someone was waking you up for watch; then you would finish watch, go back to sleep for a couple of hours and be awakened again to start the day. Whereas first watch often received more consecutive hours of sleep as did last watch depending on how many people there were to split the watch with.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 26

Brennic will take whatever watch Alexi assigns him and will try to find some vantage point like the barn's loft for a good view. He remembers tales of goblins and that the mostly come out at night, mostly.

3rd Dec, 2015 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 26

The Repentant Soldier says...

If tasked with developing the watch Alexi would suggest a watch that begins at 10:00pm (2200hrs) with 1.5hr shifts:

Gradard from 2200-2330
Brennic from 2330-0100
Alexi from 0100-0230
Skreed from 0230-0400
Aerendyl From 0400-0530

Like Brennic, Alexi will try to find a good vantage point that allows him to see as much area around the barn as possible and keep an eye on the other members of the party.

Alexi Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 17 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.