Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 4 of 48

[If you are unsure about rolling, roll a couple - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Oct, 2015 - 1:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
29th Sep, 2015 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 4

The Repentant Soldier says...

Alexi chooses not to interact with anyone at the moment as he is still doing his best to reign in the feeling of exhaustion brought on by the nightmares. He simply sits back and observes the patrons though he will engage in some small talk with his new companions if they speak with him. Anyone observing him would likely notice that he often stares off in the distance, eyes unfocused in a sort of "Thousand yard stare" Which often occurs when he spies a patron with some sort of characteristic that reminds him of a victim of his past, or of a companion lost to war.

A burly man with a shaved head reminds him of Malleville, the image of the man surrounded by goblins swinging his sword wildly cutting the vile creatures to pieces flashes through his mind. He sees Malleville, arrows sprouting from numerous points on his body. The giant of a man falls to one knee as a spear pierces his side. Alexi watches helplessly, engaged with several creatures himself he cannot go to Malleville's aid. A young blonde woman enters and Alexi's hand inadvertently goes to his belt and he fingers the lock of blonde hair tied to it; he quickly looks away, his eyes avoiding the woman he stares at the wall instead.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

I wait impatiently for the priest. I want to be rid of these nightmares! Or to start the quest that will rid me of them.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After paying the merchants and talking with people Gradard puts the new cog in place where it belongs in his toy and fastens it with a screw and screwdriver. He exclaims "It's finished! Come see". Gradard winds the toy up and places it on the floor. It whirs into action shooting across the floor 30 ft then it opens up and pops out a red spinning flag while profusely chiming loudly. Gradard goes over to the toy and resets it. "That will be useful!" Gradard waits patiently for the priests to arrive.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

In due course, the breakfast rush ends and the boring morning wears on. As the three of you have grown tired of turning towards the door every time someone comes in, something curious happens. A man walks in, garbed in a Brown robe with blindingly white hair. Thinking it might be the Priest of Ilmater, Rhovador your eyes follow him as he walks past. He nods his head at the party, and you notice him briefly clutch a small hammer at his hip, then he goes to sit down at the next table over. Rhovador, you could have sworn he winked at you as he sat down.

Before any of you can continue along that line of thought the Priest of Ilmater comes in. Quite obviously so as he is garbed in a loincloth with a ragged linen vest that has a large cut in the front. As his vest moves you can see a massive raw scar from his left hip to his right shoulder, freshly healed, through the slash of his shirt.

"Greetings travelers, Camelia has sent word of your condition and has asked that we help in whatever way we can. The name is Anselet the Protector and I have sworn to serve Ilmater in any way I can. I have done so for many years now." Kneeling down in front of you all he places his palms on his thighs and hums. Remus looks on worriedly as a familiar feeling to most of you fills the air, or magic. You each feel a pressure upon you as the magics do their work.

Eventually the pressure is lifted, and you each feel somewhat lighter.[that one level of exhaustion is removed....for now] While the nightmares are still in the back of your memory they no longer threaten to engulf your very being, pulling you down to the plane of madness. The priest pitches forward, barely stopping himself from hitting himself on the floor. "By gods mercy! The....pain... Closing in..." He stills for a moment, collecting himself. His face now looks gaunt, deep shadows under his eyes, and his wound has started leaking slightly.

"I have taken your pain, your suffering, your exhaustion. It will not last forever, but it should give you a month, maybe two, before the nightmares threaten your sanity once more. If you wish to survive past that, I beg of you, find a permanent solution. This will not work again."

[feel free to ask the priest questions before he goes, but for now I will also include one more event in this post that happens just after he leaves.]

After the Priest staggers out, chanting under his breath, The Man with the white hair comes up to the party. "Greetings good folk! You appear to be not of this town and I was hoping you might be open to a job offer of the out of town variety. I am in need of a few people to deal with some goblins that have taken up terrorizing a nearby farming village, barely 15 miles from here. Fairly simple I know, but the guards that were sent out to deal with it never came back. ....oh! No! I am not part of the town watch here, just a sympathetic traveler wishing to help out. Perhaps a bounty might be in order he muses...anyways! What say you? Are you interested?"

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Gradard thanks the priest "Oh thank-you! Thank-you! I feel much better!" Gradard jumps into the air and exclaims "Hahehoo!" As he punches the air. Gradard is a light hearted silly fellow so to have his sense of humor return to him is a great relief, for that is who he is. Gradard asks the priest "What is it that you have done to take away our pain? Is there anything that we can do for you to repay this kindness?" Gradard is also a very kind fellow that wouldn't want to see anyone short on his account.

After the priest leaves and after hearing the man with the white hair's proposition, Gradard turns to Alexi as if to notion that he wants to hear Alexi's thoughts on the proposition. Gradard seems intrigued and interested because he has that adventurous glimmer in his eye again.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The haggard man smiles hauntingly down at the little Gnome. "If you wish to learn of that spell gentle one, joining us as a priest of Ilmater is a good start. It takes many years of learning....and suffering. Not for those who lack dedication."

"I ask for nothing for ourselves but what has already been provided, otherwise be good to people you meet, take blows not meant for you to protect others, and above all be slow to anger"

[on a related note, if your character wishes to pray to a god, say what you are going to do/say in your prayers and roll a d100. Outcomes will depend on a few other factors as well as that roll.]

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 4

[Hmmm...
Guys in loincloths...
Guys winking at me...
We better tighten our pants drawstrings and belts boys! smile.gif)]

Thank you very much Anselet. I wish not to learn your spells, but would like to know the nature of the cause of these nightmares. I would also seek some guidance from you as to where a more permanent solution can be found.

[Anything strange (Or familiar) about the man in the brown robe?
Anything strange (Or familiar) about the brown robe he wears?
What color is his skin?
By "Man", do you mean "human"?
Anything strange (Or familiar) about his hammer? Hand or war?
Visible bow?
Any other weapons visible?
Wink? Do I recognize this man?
Might I met him before?]

[If you need me to roll dice for anything, please tell me.]

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2015 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

[If you are unsure about rolling, roll a couple of d20s regardless and then there is something there if we need to use it. Rhovador, the questions you are asking would we perception for his appearance and insight if you want to know more about his intentions]

The priest nods, as you tell him about your nightmares and how often they turn up. He muses for sometime and finally speaks. "Something like this is typically beyond the realm of us mere mortals. I will have a talk with the head of our order to see if he knows more, but," He spreads his hands helplessly, "I wouldn't know how or where a full cure might be found. I am sorry Rhovador, in that I am lacking. However.... This could be more of a foretelling...yes! Perhaps your experience is more of a warning? Maybe a message? Something that is required of you all? I doubt what I have done will remove your nightmares, I have just taken upon the suffering. Look out for changes in your dreams, and pay attention. Perhaps there might lie the answer."

As the Man in the brown robes walks up to you all, you have a closer look at him. The hammer at his belt is a light hammer, it is solidly made with a tiny gem on the head, in the center where it joins with the shaft. His right hand is covered in a pristine white glove, sequined even. He looks...old.... Perhaps it is his white hair, however you would swear that his skin and wrinkles only place him in his late thirties. He carries nothing else you can see, no pack, no pouch, no bag. Just his hammer. And yes sorry, he is human, with fairly pale skin.

As far as you know none of you have met this man before.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (48) »

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.