Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review - Page 2 of 3

According to what I read you can't - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Sep, 2015 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 
28th Sep, 2015 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review - Page 2

First let me say I'm in lots of Role-playing Games here already but I did want to suggest that D20 might be the easiest for players not familiar with the style of play to pickup fast. I also wanted to add that I'm just curious to see what a Star Wars board would look like, the character sheets and all will probably be awesome.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review
A Friend

Review RPG Wars Star Malcolmshaws

PlayByPost, I would normally side with familiarity on this, however, the best system is likely the one that most people are not familiar with.

D20 is a standard that most people know, but that is why I have this review. I would like to make sure that those that decide to join are adequately informed before hand.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

There is so much source material out there for Star Wars and it's universe is so immense that there will be continuous room to expand and explore.

I am also considering a conversion of Star Wars to the Savage World system.

30th Sep, 2015 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Review RPG Wars Star Malcolmshaws

Unfortunately, based on the response from LucasArts Ltd., we will not be able to have a Star Wars based Play By Post Role-playing Game . Please see: Star Wars' Images Question

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Review RPG Wars Star Malcolmshaws

The Savage Worlds system is capable of converting material from D20 Saga Star Wars pretty well.

Looking at WEG Star Wars (The D6 system) I think it should not be to difficult.

Converting FFG Star Wars there will be a few conversions that will require some fine tuning, but it is entirely possible.

Savage Worlds system provides:
1) portability/easy conversion of material from other systems (WEG, D20, FFG). Not always easy to do between the other systems.

2) mobs and opponents are easy to scale.

3) exploding dice allow for very wild results. D20 is not used in this system.

30th Sep, 2015 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

If you are looking at Savage Worlds from Pinnacle Games then we will need to see what is terms of that game, also the Star Wars related terms and images cannot be used. Do they have a fan kit or Community usage policy?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review - Page 2

international QUOTE (JB @ 30-Sep 15, 5:15 PM)
also the Star Wars related terms and images cannot be used.

That is pretty broad. Which terms and images are we talking about?

Pinnacle does not have any licensing from Lucas Arts Ltd. Or Disney. The conversion was a fan based pdf publication. Nothing in print.

30th Sep, 2015 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

According to what I read you can't use any images, names or anything:

international QUOTE
Please note that any unauthorized use of these names, characters, music and images would, at a minimum, be inappropriate.

In other words no Star Wars. Those doing it, if caught without a license could be asked to remove it.

I suggest you focus on another system.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,