MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 6 of 19

"Mum knows I can take care of myself," - Page 6 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 9:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 19 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2015 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 6

Joseph, you get a text back, he suggests a place to meet close to where he used to live, a public park. You realize that at this point, you have no idea where he and Angela have been living at this point, it had been long, and so little contact. The symbols, the one in particular, has shown up in occult research, but even occultists admit to being confused by it. It appears to be a secret that the occultists, and the 'normal' practitioners have been hidden from, as far as you can determine. Our last question about the Subway seems to draw a laugh from all, as it is hard to find a place without a nearby Subway shop in Arkham, lately.

Konrad, you see that Joseph wants to be comforted by your words.

Lau, there have been similarly unknown symbols, often associated with deaths difficult to understand, but the only link you are finding for this particular sign is a play from the last years of the nineteenth century, that has been plagued by misfortune and violence the few times it's been staged, this is a recurring graffiti that has been seen near vandalisms tied to the play, but only a small percentage indicate any violence.

***GM note***
Very pleased to see some of the thinking her, looking outside the box but staying in the game's context.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2015 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Finishing his tea, Lau collects the pot, cup, and saucer and places them on the counter near the waitress a tip, he then returns to the table.

Pulling a notepad from his pants pocket he flips open and jots a reminder to further research a 'Tragic 19c Play'. He then packs up the photos, sketches, and the map and stores them in his portfolio. The portfolio then disappears inside the satchel and then the satchel is gone.

Lau remains standing. "We need to make good use of our time."

"Joe, where was the location your foster father asked you to meet him?"

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

**not trying to overdo things, but wanting to make sure you have a solid footing for where things are going.**

The park in question is a small park, basically four square blocks that have avoided paving. Bing eat A softball field in one corner takes up a good chunk of the space and the sparse trees and greenery during gaming season is occasionally a hazard for picnics, dogwalkers, joggers and the like. In the evenings, homeless and less savory types drift through it, but don't linger. A cleanup crew begins working shortly after dawn, and is usually clean of it's less savory visitor's trash before the day dwellers start visiting. Joseph remembers a few peaceful moments in the park with him and his foster parents, but remembers them as the exception rather than the rule.

Lau, give me a Library Use or Cthulhu Mythos roll regarding the play. You can roll for both, so two percentile rolls.

Keeper observation: it looks like the four of you are going to go together to meet with Joe's father. If I misinterpreted that let me know. Call of Cthulhu as a game tends to be 'map light' but I am doing what I can to make sure we have access to some decent maps when we need them. The park does not have one yet. This does not mean that there is no danger there, but what will happen there doesn't require a map. Further clarification, this park is, while on the northern half of Arkham, is not close to where the killings have occurred.

If there are any further questions or interactions then obviously make them your next posts, but the afternoon is passing as you linger.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Lau does his best to recall the important details from previous research. After making one more note in his notebook, the notebook disappears into his pants pocket.

Lau turns and heads for the door, quite familiar with the park in question. "Best to get to the park before the less desirable visitors arrive."

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

TJ stands up, picking up his coffee mug, and the last of the maamoul off the plate. After dropping off his mug at the counter, he turns to his companions. "The professor's right, no point in putting it off. It might be better if some of us hung back a little; if you show up with a posse, your foster dad may start asking questions. I'll be off to one side; I'll have you under observation, but it won't look like I'm with you. See you at the park."

TJ waves goodbye to the coffee shop owner and heads out.

Out of Character: : TJ's plan is to arrive a little before the rest of the group, from a different direction, and find a spot where he can loiter inconspicuously (A bench, a shade tree, etc) and keep the meeting spot under observation. He will not be armed. He'll have a battered paperback with him to help with the appearance of being just another park-goer.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Joe, its your call. You can tell your foster dad, that you were in a meeting with an adviser from the university, me, that should give some credibility for me being with you."

"Konrad, you might want to check in with your parents before proceeding any further."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2015 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 6

Joseph nods as he puts his coffee cup with the others. "Ok, me and Dr. Lau, that works. T.J. And Konrad hang back or find a spot to watch from, in case we need you."

He manages to slip into the Subway and grab a quick 6 inch sandwich on the way to the park. "What, I don't eat breakfast, I'm starving by noon." Then he leads them on the walk to the park to meet his former foster father George.

22nd Oct, 2015 - 9:58am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 6

Naive Student says...

"Mum knows I can take care of myself," Konrad says casually. "I'm used to returning late at night. A watchful eye and alertness keeps me safe. I'll hang back with TJ."

The group heads off to the park at a good pace, Joseph finishes his sub but doesn't seem comforted. Konrad is hardly experienced in these delicate situations and hopes his words don't come off wrong.

"This is a terrible situation for everyone involved," Konrad starts. "But you aren't alone. You can ask me for help anytime and there are plenty of support services if you ever need someone to talk to. Try remembering the good experiences you had with her and remember that she was also happy at those times."

Out of Character: Don't know if persuasion is appropriate, seems better than charm. This can earn me ticks if I succeed, right? Even though it's within the 'party'.

Konrad Romijn Results:
  • Persuation on D100 (+0): 3 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,