MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 9 of 19

TJ leans forward a little in his seat. "I - Page 9 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 27th Oct, 2015 - 1:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 19 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2015 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 9

Seeing the meeting in the park went off OK, TJ will briefly talk with Konrad, then head off to scout out the restaurant where the meeting will take place. He's not expecting anything untoward, but will do the usual checking out the site--identifying where all doors are on the building, routes in/out of the parking lot, alternative routes if jumping a curb is necessary, etc. (Not sure what skill roll applies to reconnaissance, but Spot Hidden seems as good as anything else, as it's for spotting important details.)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

**okay, jumping to the meeting now**
the four of you regroup just outside the restaurant, and catch up as you feel necessary, then enter the Three Corners Restaurant. As you enter, you realize the place has its name because while the room is largely rectangular, one of the corners was modified with rounded corners on the interior, no sharp edges, in effect no corner per se. You are greeted by a server, who clearly had a fairly good description of you, and she takes you directly to Redman's table. He has several notebooks open in front of him, appears to be collating information into another notebook. He looks up and smiles, greeting you all warmly.

After seating and initial round of beverage (No alcohol at this location) Redman seems to relax slightly.

"Okay, you've all had some time to think things over, you're here, so I'll share what information I've got so far, in exchange for the promise that you'll give me the information for a story, or rather to let me determine if there is a story. If there isn't, no harm, no fowl." He gathers the notebooks together and sorts them into some kind of order. He opens the first one and begins to talk, referring to notes in the first notebook. (This conversation begins regardless of your responses to his 'offer' but your responses will determine how much further the conversation goes.)

"The assaults all happened in a month, there are two separate sets of incidents, the...killings' (A somewhat apologetic glance to Joseph at this) and the disappearances. There is no clear evidence linking the two sets, except for one thing." Reading from the notes, but clearly paraphrasing. "All of the assault victims" (He seems to settle on this phrasing" Had files with the police, either here in Arkham or elsewhere. But in no case were they listed as criminals in those files. Suspects in a few cases, all charges dropped on further justification. In fact, only one of them, Locasio, ever actually ended up being arrested for anything, and that was a charge about possessing an unregistered gun." He opens a different part of the notebook. "The disappearances, all people from varying backgrounds, all knew each other, and I've run into some evidence that they'd teamed up to do some investigation of a church whose leader has a bit of a shadowy past. These four had all been arrested for trespassing at one time or another on the premises of the church. Three of them had family members join the church's membership, the other seemed to be either an acquaintance of at east one of the others, or at least someone who had been contacted by them."

"Back to the assaults. These victims were all killed at apparently random locations, but also near places that they were known to spend time. A gym, a home, near a library, across the street from a movie house, near one's work, a hospital where the next volunteered at." He sighs. The exception is your foster mother, Angela. She was killed inside the home of one of the other victims, and while she knew him in the past, there is no indication that she had seen him in almost ten years."

**break point for your responses so far.**

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

As Redman lays out his collection of knowledge, Lau makes additional notes to those he already has. When Redman introduces something Lau had considered or had failed to notice, he kindly stops Redman and asks him to repeat the previous bits of information.

After taking his copious notes, Lau looks over the new material in conjunction with his previously connected material, attempting to see patterns in the unrelated and undiscovered.

Out of Character: When Lau was in his office, I was going to make a few checks on Angela's Diary. Specifically looking for relationships of individuals, and also looking into Angela's stability through her written word.

26th Oct, 2015 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 9 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Naive Student says...

Konrad is a little bummed at the lack of alcohol and makes up for it ordering a larger meal and two desserts. Every now and again his eyes wander to the 'missing' corner; a gimmick but subtle and effective.

He says dismissively, "A church, typical. Do you know if this was a mainstream protestant, catholic or orthodox church? Or some kind of obscure sect? What exactly is up with this leader? What were they hoping to find?"

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Lau scrutinizes the details having had years of practice, having read numerous term papers and research projects. Nodding to Redman, "Michael, were these all obtained from following the police, or do you have some secondary research as well?"

Looking to the others, Lau continues, "Are you able to see the patterns I mentioned to you a few years ago? You didn't give much credit to my information then, I wonder how you will accept my information and research now."

While he waits for Redman to phrase his response, Lau get the attention of a server and requests his usual favorite when he visits here. The server is gone a for a couple of minutes and comes back with what looks like a salad topped with tempura battered shrimp and a ginger curry sauce. Producing chopsticks from his mysterious satchel, Lau proceeds to eat and think, while he waits to see how the others will respond.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

*not everyone has responded to my last post, but putting in an initial response to help answer the concerns raised so far, and to give better background if possible for those whose posts are still pending**

Redman clearly ponders Lau's question for a moment, then clears his throat. "I am using multiple sources, as usual. First the police as a source, but willing to investigate the things they dismiss for various reasons. Second, the official police reports, of course. Third, my own investigations, asking people, investigating sites and backgrounds. And lastly, what confidential sources I can get information from." He glances at Lau again. "I'm sure you can relate to how I protected your identity in earlier articles." He looks at Lau cross referencing notes, and frowns slightly. "It looks like you have already found a few sources of your own. I won't pry for your sources, or your specific information, but if we go further, I want it on a quid pro quo. As it goes forward, I am not by nature a fighter, but I will consider going with you, if necessary, but I would prefer to avoid it if possible."

**GM questions**

Lau, you have obviously taken a closer read of the journal, how much if any, have you shared with the others, and how much will you share with Redman? Regarding the questions about her journal specifically, you don't have many detail unless you read it freely, please advise if you have. Your current somewhat light perusal does confirm that Angela was with a few of the others in the older section, and mentions them in the newest portion. The writing is a little shaky in the first part, grows more 'stable' as you examine the middle section, but is very shaky again in the last portion, but not illegible She was clearly able to focus that far, at least.

GM question, I have been trying to keep everything moving forward, but this is my first 'play by post' and I'm looking for a little feedback on the pace so far. Granted, Call of Cthulhu does not flow the same as Dungeons & Dragons for example, but I want to make sure you all are enjoying and that I'm not overdoing parts, or lagging for you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 9

Out of Character: I figured the hour I had at the office would offer me enough time to make a first time read, while taking notes. I would also surmise that Lau will need a couple of more hours to adequately connect details and leads to individuals, names, and places.

In Character: Lau has not had any inkling that the others have committed themselves entirely to what lays ahead. It is obvious that they ree along for their own curiosity, Lau is here to discover the truth whatever the costs maybe.

As to what can be shared with Redman. The journal details are out for now, as the connections are vague (In my opinion) and would most likely confuse everyone else. I will confirm Redman's connections of the murders and the missing and any other details he may have acquired from the police.

Lau also double checks to make sure Redman has his locations correct, and the events listed appropriately. Lau pulls from his satchel, his leather portfolio, from this he extracts some transparencies. These transparencies are labeled as locations, murders, missing, and previous.

With his map out, Lau attempts to extract shapes, designs, and patterns by moving the transparencies. Starting by stacking one top of the other, then by rotating them, Lau looks for the unobserved.

"Micheal, it might be best if you remain outside of immediate contact for now. I have supplied in the past facts, figures, and information, and I will expect you to accurately relay these details in your own way, when I contact you again."

Taking from his satchel, a flash drive, Lau pushes it across the table to Redman. "This is my security. This has a digitally signed will and power of attorney. If I am unreachable for more than 72 hours, you and my lawyer will have access provided to my office and my secured research at a safety deposit box disclosed in the files on the flash drive."

Out of Character: The flash drive has all information available prior to today's police station visit. Various obscure files and research documents and Lau's own reviews and notes. Anything that he could connect to the murders and the missing and dating back a few decades.

Out of Character: If you state updates every 2 to 3 days, or after everyone has posted at least once since the last GM Update, I think you would be solid.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2015 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 9

TJ leans forward a little in his seat. "I just want to make sure I understand the situation. It appears the only thing the victims had in common was a link with someone involved in some sort of cult, or they were investigating it.. The implication of what happened to them is obvious, even if we don't know the details--they got too close to someone willing to kill to protect their secrets. They've stayed ahead of the police so far, so they're reasonably capable and have good operational security. They've got to know the police are after them. The victims had teamed up to do an investigation, just like we are. They'd gone poking around the church, just like we're planning on doing. Now it does appear the victims were taken individually; that'd obviously make it easier. But whoever they are, whether they're part of some crazy cult or that's just a cover for something else, we can assume they're paranoid, violent, and ruthless. Does that about sum it up?"

Roll: History to see if anything Redman discusses triggers a connection with anything else going on at the time.

Out of Character: : MichaelC, I think the pacing is about right; there's a balance between giving people a chance to interact & roleplay, and keeping things moving. So far I think things are going well.

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,