MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 10 of 19

"I haven't been to church in - Page 10 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 29th Oct, 2015 - 12:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 19 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 10

**short summary of the journal as far as you can gather from a short read of less than an hour.**

The first section joins in the middle of some kind of investigation, from what you can determine happening somewhere in Texas, and involves a small town near Amarillo. The details in the journal are sketchy, but you notice that instead of four people in the time, five are indicated, the four from the list, and two other men, one going by the nickname Moose, and the other a researcher named James. There are vague references to some kind of violent raid, but there is also a sense that the writing is holding something back. Towards the end are references to 'reporting back to the Society.' in these references, she uses the word Society and Club interchangably.

The second part, she talks about 'not being able to handle it any more' and describes settling down to a life where she is trying to settle into a life where she doesn't have to think as much, then about worrying she has settled too much 'for less,' regretting not being as resourceful as she was and while caring for the family, Joseph and George, that she has too many secrets to relax with them about it.

The third section she starts making entries just after the news reported DiGrado's there.death. The strange circumstances, and the police's reluctance to give all the details seem to raise concerns on her part, She begins investigating on her own, refusing to bring anyone else in it, saying 'I'm too old, anyone working with me could be endangered'. She also makes a reference to the Society again, but indicates she isn't sure who there to trust if anyone, there. In her last few entries, She expresses a fear that Moose or James may be involved in the killings. There is a vague comment about Moose winning the lottery years ago, and the statement following it 'I should have known back then." The journal ends abruptly with her announcing plans to investigate the crime scenes.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Lau double checks his notes, then looks at Redman. "There were six murders yet you listed seven murder locations. Was there a murder that we missed?"

"The church you mentioned, what was its name and who is the local pastor?"

Pausing, Lau directs his next statement to TJ, "The Stephen House will probably be our last stop. The Library, the Movie Theater, the Hospital, the Gym, and this place of business," Points to a spot on the map, "We need to decide which are most public and in what order to visit them."

Returning back to Redman, "Micheal, the six dead all knew each other before they lived here in Arkham. Their connection is some Society or Club they were part of years ago."

"If you could draw up a more extensive list of the contacts of the deceased, I could disclose another piece of information and some research needed with it."

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

Clarifications and addendum.

First, there are six locations, six victims. In the listing one was mentioned twice as it was a private home, but not the home where that victim lived. Angela was found in Chuck Stephan's home. Second, only the first four of the victims were known to know each other. Angela refers to a total of six in their party, but the journal appears to describe two other individuals. There is nothing known for sure about whether or not the other two were familiar with the Society.

The Church that seems like it may be connected with the disappearances started as a Pentecostal church, but it splintered off of that denomination, and was taken over, approximately forty years ago, headed by Shane VonErdsmandorf (He went by Vonn). His daughter currently heads the denomination. The current doctrine at this time reads like a poorly written self help manual than any tenet of faith. While technically still a church, there is no discussion of a deity at their services, more an exhortation for individuals to reach their full potential. There are reports of strange phenomenon at the services, creations and presentations of odd materials, unusual visions, but nothing that can be proven to be genuine, or fakes. Books that appear to be collectible items are found from the past, but not aged, to all testing. Similarly, other artifacts from the past appear to have missed aging and other things, books, tools, electronics have more mysterious origins.
at the request for further contacts for the victims, Redman looks mildly annoyed, and pulls from his breifcase a thick folder, with several marker tabs.

"All the known and documented contacts for the six victims." He sighs. "The only names that show up in each list, involves the first four. Each other's names show up. I have not been able to find any other common connection."

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

"Micheal, it was not my intent to offend you. There are more details here and I am choosing carefully when to reveal them so that our information to each other is not misunderstood or misplaced. The four with ties to each other, according to Angela," Places the journal on the table, "had known each other for quite some time. Somewhere near Amarillo Texas is where they originally knew each other. From my brief read, it looks like events there a few decades before, tie directly into events occurring here within the last few weeks."

Passing the journal to Redman, "Evidence recently obtained this afternoon. I have some further details to get from its pages, but please take some time to look at it."

Lau returns his attention to his plate of food, where he makes quick and efficient work in finishing it. When the waitress comes to collect the plates from his meal, he asks for some tea. Thanking the waitress, he turns to the group at the table to see what new developments have arisen.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Redman relaxes visibly. "Just had the impression you were questioning if I'd done the research on the contacts. By all means, look through them if you want." He looks through the notebook, eyebrows raised. "Very interesting indeed, if you all get a litle time, sometime soon, I'd love to copy this." Redman resumes eating at this point, and covers everyone's tab, he then gives an address to another restaurant, Carter's. He smiles. Collins tends to eat there after his shift most days, may not be an idea to check in with him...off site."

Redman looks from one of you to the other, pausing. "Well, I will leave you to finish your meal and talk to each other. If you have any further questions now? If not, you know how to reach me."

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lau looks up at Redman, "Be careful how you approach Collins. He is on edge. When I spoke with him, he was in no mood for anything that could not be proven at the time we spoke."

Reaching across the table, Lau secures the journal once more.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2015 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 10

"We're going to have to be very careful. It's obvious they've not only got the church under surveillance, they're also keeping an eye on the other crime scenes. They're expecting someone to go poking around, and they want to eliminate anyone who's curious. This 'Society' may be worth looking in to but it doesn't seem likely to have information that's directly useful, no actionable intelligence.

Talking to Collins a little more informally may be helpful, but if all of us descend on him at once he's likely to feel ganged up on. Someone who knows him or has a direct connection to one of the victims may be a better person to make contact with him than I'd be."

29th Oct, 2015 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 10

Naive Student says...

"I haven't been to church in a long time," Konrad admits. "Looks like it's high time to go back. Do you have any details on where and when it is and who goes to such services?"

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,