MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 13 of 19

Konrad listens intently to the answer to his - Page 13 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 9th Nov, 2015 - 11:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 19 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
6th Nov, 2015 - 4:52am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 13

Naive Student says...

Konrad was also interested in checking the church, but rather than act a role he isn't he decides he will play the sceptic. The bad cop to Joseph's good cop. It's far easier for him to be something he is rather than make a facade.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2015 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

**gm first note** apologies if I seemed testy in my prior post, but I was afraid I had lost some of you, and I definitely wasn't at my best, 'real life' issues.
TJ, your scouting yields the following information. Stephan's house is a single story dwelling, with an attached garage. There are doors to enter either of the sides of the house when looked at from the street, and the garage is accessible through an alley that runs behind all the houses on this block. The police tape looks at first glance to be undisturbed, but a closer look, seeing the way it flaps and the coloration around the tape, it is evident that someone had removed the tape carefully and reapplied it.

Lau, the crime scene near the movie house has been scrubbed clean, there is only one lingering piece at the scene, but it does stand out. The yellow marking on the wall is still present, though scrub marks on the wall indicate that there had been an effort to scrub it off. Since you recall from the information given, the yellow marking was painted on in human blood, this is more inexplicable. You do note that there has not been any rain since it was put on, but clear efforts to remove it have been vain

Konrad and Joseph (Initially). You two find it easy to enter the Church during the daytime, it is active with employees (Devotees?) of the Church. While you would expect them to try to get information from you, name, address, why you're there, the woman who sees you both in the front lobby holds up her hand.

"Unless you need to see Ms. Vonn we ask that you don't divulge any personal information until you've attended at least one of our meetings. We want you to know we are not biased by any information you would come in. We help you find your answers, but at first we want you to sit with us and see the path with the knowledge we are not twisting it to fit your situation." She sighs, and looks apologetic. "Skeptics and investigators have entered with preconceptions and detailed cover stories. We encourage that. We don't offer miracle cures, we don't present faith healing, what you will find with us is a path to the Truth, and the evidence we give is to help with that." With that, she smiles. "I invite you to look around, just don't enter any of the sections marked with red doors. Those are private offices, and Ms. Vonn's residence, as well as her closest staff. The most trusted members live on site."

One thing you both note is that she avoided referring to the Church's meetings as services. You also note that there seem to be a few desks in the front lobby along with hers, and the people sitting at the desks are all cheerful but don't seem inclined to get out of their chairs, intent on talking with people entering, or doing mounds of paperwork. The employees moving are dressed professionally and move with definite purpose, but still seem uniformly cheerful. After a few moments, you realize what stands out with them. No one pauses for idle chat, there are no greetings to each other, except for quick nods in passing. Paperwork brought to or picked up from the desk is done so with no words exchanged.

6th Nov, 2015 - 8:00am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

Naive Student says...

Konrad is taken aback by the rather impersonal introduction. From what he's read on other cult-like religions they have a system that's the complete opposite to what is being offered. The woman's ability to see right through him to his intent was also shocking.

However the facade of smiles is the same as any other faith. That and the offer of truth. Konrad took comfort in those familiar aspects. He relished the chance to disprove any evidence this church would offer.

"Looks very busy," Konrad comments. "I didn't realise you had so many members. How many do you have? Is that what all the paperwork is for?"

Out of Character: And it only occurs to me now that I should have put points into religion and philosophy. Hopefully a chance to train them will present itself.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2015 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 13 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Konrad, as your annoyance at what looks like their seeing through you increases, you hear someone at the next desk interviewing someone coming into the lobby, and you hear almost exactly the same words in that conversation, and you realize that they've just gotten used to people trying to uncover them.

Further examination shows that the interior and exterior of the building is a style that was popular in the 1920's, a variation on the art deco movement.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2015 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

TJ will move on to recon the movie theater from outside. No, he doesn't expect to see much of any significance from outside, but does want to work out where all entrances/exits etc are. (Never go in without a plan for getting out & knowing where any likely opposition can enter from.)

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2015 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In his inspections and random photo snaps, Lau inspects the ground near the wall, looking for any blood that may have been missed during the police investigation. He continues to snap pictures of the sides of the building at different angles and even shots of the egresses towards this location.

Lau remains courteous and polite to those who walk by or those who end up in his pictures. Walking carefully, he continues to check the ground, looking impressions, signs of a struggle, any other item that would be out of the ordinary for a movie theatre's grounds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 13

The votees surprised Joseph, who expected something more vibrant and lively; this place seemed like the kind of job he wanted nothing to do with, pushing papers across a desk all day with no enjoyment involved. Something had to be behind it to keep these people busy and committed.

He decided on a bit of a gamble.

"Well I can appreciate what you're saying, miss...? You didn't say your name.

Anyway if you could just give me a glimpse of what the truth is like, some kind of taste of what I will learn here-I've fallen for sales pitches from snake oil serpents many times before and I'm just as empty as I always was. Convince me this one is legit."

Out of Character: : I guess I'll toss in a persuasion roll in case it helps!

9th Nov, 2015 - 11:29am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 13

Naive Student says...

Konrad listens intently to the answer to his and Joe's questions, ready to tear apart the arguments in his head. He has at least some tact and restraint.

He follows up with, "Why would so many people come in to investigate? Shouldn't it work like a normal church?" He keeps the flaws in his argument to himself. Every faith seemed to have its secrets, and the ones that laid out their - mythology - often sounded like fairy tales.

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,