Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 5 of 7

QUOTE (Aericsteele)So if you rolled 2d6 and - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Nov, 2015 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Aericsteele's Traveller  - Mongoose Campaign Review Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review
27th Nov, 2015 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 5

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
I think the best way to handle this using the embedded dice roller would be to roll d6 2x's without modifiers.

Is that because you want a roll as 2-12 rather than 1-12? Are there other special or unique rolls needed in Traveller?

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2015 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

Yes the rolls need to be 2-12 with the modifier added at the end instead of each dice being modified

27th Nov, 2015 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Then an option to roll 2-12 and then apply bonuses as you normally do will be a better solution? This might have applications in other Role-playing Games so I will examine the code now.

You did not say if there were other special rolls so I can take care of it at the same time.

27th Nov, 2015 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

The only thing I can think of is there are random tables that use what the book refers to as d66, a range of 11-66

27th Nov, 2015 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

What I will introduce is a starting number with a default of "1" but the Player can choose it to be "2" thus making the D12 selection 2-12 regardless of the number of rolls made.

11-66 is definitely a strange roll. Is that a regular part of the game of a one off thing for the Referee? Perhaps I need to add in a range roll field where any number to any number under 99 can be made.

28th Nov, 2015 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

Basically the system gets the 11-66 range by rolling 2d6 and using the results on the face of them by putting them together. So if you rolled 2d6 and rolled a 2 and a 4 the result would be 24. It is mostly used for random tables and I cannot think of any instance at the moment in which the players would roll it, mostly the referee and so far I've just done it manually.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Nov, 2015 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 5

Just a heads up, we started posting in character in the main thread last week. I know it was thankgiving but wanted to let people know in case they were unaware smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 28th Nov, 2015 - 11:33pm

29th Nov, 2015 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
So if you rolled 2d6 and rolled a 2 and a 4 the result would be 24.

Since this is a roll mostly for the Referee I did not bother with it.

Aericsteele's Traveller Players may wish to review the latest update to our custom Embedded Dice system which allows you to make an alternate 2D6 roll with bonuses as many times as you want: How to make a 2D6 roll easy.

For any questions about this please ask it in the same link as this Thread is reserved for Reviews of Aericsteele's Traveller game.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,