A Man His Wife And Their God

A Man Wife God - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 6th Jun, 2008 - 3:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
5th Jun, 2008 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (genesis 2)

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I thought this was interesting since he was talking to Adam at the time. What does this infer about the relationship between man/wife/god?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2008 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

God Their Wife Man A

Well if I remember right it means that man is responsible for protecting the woman. She was created from his rib so she is to be at his side in all things. This to me means that the two of you should discuss things before decisions are made. The rib was below the shoulder meaning he should comfort her and protect her as one would comfort a child or another by placing a comforting hand over the shoulder. To protect her be placing her under his arms and keeping her safe from harm.

That is what I get out of the verse.

5th Jun, 2008 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Man His Wife And Their God Revealed Bible The

What about the fact they have no parents other then God himself? We are to bond to they wife and cherish it even more then our relation with him?

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2008 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

God Their Wife Man A

Have you ever heard the saying god has no grandchildren. We all are children of god. We are all in his image. We all should love him as we do our earthly parents. Just because we take a wife does not mean we leave from gods embrace. We should as husband and wife embrace god back and accept him fully into the marriage.

5th Jun, 2008 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

God Their Wife Man A

I also took the passage to mean that we turn from the Father and Mother (Adam it was God.), and place out bride with us, so close so as that non come between. I think that does mean God as well. None is more important on this earth then our spouse and all we do should be focused with that relation in mind.

This means if our spouse is drifting or does not attend church we do not forsake them and go an with out them. Instead we are to wait with them and keep encouraging them on this path, and might have to only keep our personal relation with god active forsaking the Physicality of a church body for the time being. For if we do not the our spouse is in real danger of being lost to God and eventually our selves also. Why because you are now traveling two separate paths and that can not be with a married couple if they are to stay married.

So in this manner we do place our spouse before god in certain times in our lives.

5th Jun, 2008 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

These are some interesting thoughts. It amazes me how we can read a scripture say two, twenty or even 100 times and not pick something out--and someone brings it to your attention and all of a sudden it is like looking through a different lens. That is kind of what this thread has done with me.

KNtoran said:

Have you ever heard the saying god has no grandchildren.

I have actually never heard this--simple but profound.

Is it possible that God was speaking of the future relations that would come up because of their union? Maybe, for them to teach to their children? I have always looked at it as Mortal parents, not God--but now---Hmmm.

Also, I have always thought of marriage as a triangle--God at the top and each spouse a corner. Cleaving together to reach UP to God--Never, ever Not including him. Just my thought, but I don't think we are to love our spouse more than God. I think we are to love God together, therefore growing as a couple.

I have some other thoughts that are going through my head. I am excited to see where this thread leads. Thanks for the insight.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jun, 2008 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Man Wife Their God

I some times think the bible is worded as to cover more then one problem with his guidance. In this case yes Ideally both are Christian and together they cling to each other for love and strength on this earth while trying to perfect their relation based on Godly principals.

It also guides us what to do when things go wrong so that we do not forsake either God or our spouse for any undetermined duration.

A good example of this is that there are very few times we are to forsake the physical relation in a marriage. These are only for agreed upon finite times of fast or prayer where the couple need to seek divine guidance!

A very strong comment of the virtue of marriage and all God thinks it should encompass.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 6th Jun, 2008 - 2:29pm

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A Man Wife Their God The Bible Revealed

I know every time I read the bible or have it read to me (CDs are great) I can get a different prospective out of it. Yes God is and should be number one in your relationship. When you take a wife or a wife takes a name they become one through the eyes of our lord. If they are as one then they should keep the relationship to god as number one. If one half strays from god then there is a problem. You can not be half a whole and be one in god eyes.

This is where you both have to work together to keep your relationship strong and your help each other maintain a strong relationship with god whether through help from a church or somewhere else. This should also be a basis of teaching your children how they need to grow in life and keep a relationship with the lord. They will be able to marry and keep their relationship to god strong as you have shown them how.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: A Man His Wife And Their God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,