Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 30 of 149

Shuth will talk to the others as they come - Page 30 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 24th Dec, 2015 - 2:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
22nd Dec, 2015 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 30

The Referee relays...

Enerii works the device loose but as the device pulls away from the fuselage you can hear a faint crackling sound emenating from within the device a small plume of smoke rises from it. Initially you think that there is nothing more to it but your comms are suddenly filled with static. Enerii and Krak try to contact the others but to no avail and you both come to the realization that the tracking device emitted an EMP; you check your other equipment and find that all electronic equipment that they are carrying has been affected by the pulse and is no longer working. This includes your hand held computers. The pulse did not penetrate the ship's hull and anyone inside the ship as well as the ship's systems are unaffected as far as anyone can tell.

Examining the now inactive device,it appears to Enerii to be a relatively short range tracking device that utilizes radio waves, not terribly accurate off world at great distances.

Silver approaches the guards and before he can speak one of them looks at him with a look of annoyance "Let me guess" he says "Someone stole your sweet roll" he says with a smirk. The other guard chuckles at the remark. Silver explains the situation to him but the guard appears to be only half listening, especially when some sort of call comes in through a small hand mic situated on the front of his black uniform shirt:

All units stand-by for BOLO to be aired in thirty seconds... the guard holds a finger up to Silver, motioning for him to wait and the guard cocks his head sideways listening to the mic All units, be on the lookout for possible saboteurs, two men, believed to be human, wearing dock worker apparel were seen attaching an unknown device to a ship in Terminal Charlie, Gate one four. Unknown whether subjects are armed. Subjects fled when confronted by the ships crew. Incident is believed to have occurred within the last ten to fifteen minutes. If subjects are located detain for further investigation by port authority. Aired on the authority of the GTC at zero nine hundred hours

"Well sir" he says "If someone is following you then yeah your best bet would be to stay in a public area. We'll see if we can get someone to check these guys out." The pair of guards walk away and you can hear the guard you spoke to key up his mic, he describing his encounter with you and questions whether the incident is related to the recent BOLO.

When Silver gives his invitation to the man trailing him the man seems a bit taken off guard. Silver goes to the food court and orders the food but keeps an eye on the man; he sees the man walk over to a wall and produce some form of communicator which he begins speaking into. The man shrugs and throws up one of his hands in an 'I have no idea' gesture. After a few moments of back and forth he puts the communicator away and walks over to where Silver is sitting. The man sits down but appears to be a bit out of his element and fidgets anxiously under Silver's gaze. He doesn't touch the food, he waits for Silver to say something.

The remaining tails react with slight confusion and loiter around the food court keeping an eye on the interaction between Silver and the man sitting at the table with him.

Out of Character: :

Krakrefr
Remember if you are going to roll 2d6 you do not add the modifiers into the embedded dice roller because it will apply the modifier to both rolls. The modifier isn't applied until the rolls are added together. On your mechanic roll you actually rolled 2,2 for a total of 4, but since you added the modifier into the dice roller it showed 3,3 for a total of six; you added your mechanic skill modifier but failed to add the intelligence modifier which would have made the roll come out as 4,4 if you had used the +2 for you modifier and this would have created a total of 8. The actual result after modifiers are applied should be 2+2+1(Mechanic skill)+1(Intelligence mod)=6. If you are going to roll 2d6 rather than the 2-12 roll make sure you note what modifiers apply in your post but do not add the modifiers in the embedded dice roller as it will throw off the result.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2015 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Out of Character: Will Enerii need to replace his comm or just reboot it?

In Character: Enerii sighs. "Rat bastards, them. Booby trapped the gadget." He examines the parts to see if he can determine the approximate tech level used constructing this device?

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2015 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

In Character: : Seeing that the tail is not eating the meal in front of him, Silver follows up, "If you would like, I can pay for whatever you order. Be at ease. Relax."

Realizing that his comms with the crew popped static for a bit, Silver flips on the comm link to Nahi to transmit to Nahi only, as he carries on his conversation with Tail Leader.

Regardless of whether Tail Leader excepts his offer for food and refreshment, Silver begins talking. "So you wanted to speak with me. Would have been easier to send a courier."

23rd Dec, 2015 - 11:47am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 30 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

Krakrefr sighs and gets up. He looks around them and then at his drone, which is lying flat on the ground· its light turned off. He picks it up and turn to Enerii.

"We better get inside and check the device in the workshop."

He checks the spot where the device was attached to the hull.

23rd Dec, 2015 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

"I had no desire to speak with you" the man says to Silver, "I was just watching you. We keep an eye on the Laison's Office, we like to know when off world goons are hired by the GTC that's all. That way we know who to keep an eye out for; get an idea of who's coming to steal our supplies, bomb our civilians, or transport GTC soldiers that sort of thing. The Laison's Office is just an arm of the GTC really. I'm just tasked with keeping an eye on their latest pawns while they're in the space port."

The man scans his surroundings and you see his eyes fall on a pair of security guards that have entered the food court and are making their way toward the two of you. Silver sees him visibly relax and lean back in his chair. He takes up the utensils in from of him and takes several bites of the food apparently savoring each bite, "May as well enjoy my last meal anyway..."

Back at the Wildcard Enerii is fairly certain that the devices can be repaired though it may take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour per device (With a successful mechanics roll; an unsuccessful roll would mean the device is permanently fried and beyond repair). The tracking device and even its EMP mechanism are relatively primitive by Imperial standards, perhaps late TL7 or early TL8. Enerii would probably have the impression that this was a device produced on Ruie rather than shipped in from a higher tech world. Krakrefr notes that the hull where the device was placed is intact and appears undamaged.

Shuth keeps a careful watch on the main hatch, he sees no unusual activity other than an increased number of security guards in the area apparently looking for the men in the workers uniforms.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Silver laughs, "Well hopefully you got a good look and you told your other two friends about me as well. You and your friends forced my hand when you sabotaged my ship. That device you planted on my ship's exterior, blew up and critically injured my mechanic."

Silver finishes the last of his meal. "Seeing how you and your friends don't have the medical resources I need to get my mechanic looked after, I had to pick another, that being the GTC."

"So why don't you radio your man, whom you were arguing with earlier, and let him know the cost of your collective failure at communication and negotiation."

With that, Silver motions to the two guards, and points at the Tail Leader.

(Social +1; Persuade +2)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2015 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 30

Out of Character: Now WHY would Enerii want to put a tracking device back together once it fries out from the EMP?

And is his personal comm and computer rebootable?

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2015 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 30

Shuth will talk to the others as they come and go so he is well aware of what is going on and makes sure to radio anyone if he sees anyone approaching the ship with possible bad intentions.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,