Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 79 of 149

Njall has been working on his meal, not liking - Page 79 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2016 - 10:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
22nd Mar, 2016 - 12:25am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 79

Rebel over...

Njall has been working quietly away in Engineering, getting ready for Jump and listening to the comms traffic. Keeping out of the way. It's not like he has anything to fear from the Marines, he's no wanted man. Still, he feels more comfortable out of sight when the Law is aboard. The extra time to work in is quite welcome too. Take things slowly, do them properly. After a last check through he calls up the Bridge:

"We ready to go yet? Can't wait to step into J-Space and put this place behind us myself."

Out of Character: : Rolling for the J-Drive now, ready for when it's needed with a +1 for skill.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 22nd Mar, 2016 - 12:53am

Njall Nail Lang Results:
  • J-Drive on D12 (+1): 7 (1 roll, as D2-12)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2016 - 5:28am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: With the marines on their way, Gaden returns Silver's nod and heads to his bunk to grab his rifle, feeling naked without it. He also replaces the vacc suit when he has a moment. Unless needed elsewhere, Gaden will get some food from the crew common area, reflecting on all the bright young troops like Private Thompson that he has come across in the service.

22nd Mar, 2016 - 7:06am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus smiles at Adeline. "Well I guess no one was at fault, we just need to upgrade our locks."

When Krakrefr appears in the state room area, Maiokus fills him in on the situation, "Do you think you can upgrade his lock to make it more difficult for him to sneak out?"

Maiokus turns to leave then stops and adds into his throat mic so the rest of the crew can hear, "So we have a restless kid who's addicted to both stims and downers. I think we'll need to organize some activities while in jump in order to keep him entertained and out of trouble, any ideas?"

22nd Mar, 2016 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 79 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

020-1115
Jump Space
Wildcard--Crew Commons
2030hrs

The faint hum of the ships power plant is barely audible, but it can be heard in between the clanking of plates, glasses and silverware. The crew sits around the metal table that is bolted to the floor and dominates the common area with the exception of Adeline, who is at the small 'bar' area that holds on its surface a variety of food. Most of the meals onboard the Wildcard are fairly basic, sometimes consisting of little more than water and a pourage like substance that, while it may satisfy the crews daily nutritional needs, is generally tasteless and has consistency not unlike cream of wheat.

The more standard meals that consist of fruits, meats and vegetables tend to be reserved for the ships middle and high berth passengers. On occasion though, the crew is able to splurge and partake in the more standard fare, and after all that the crew has been through it was determined that this should be one of those evenings.

Using a large kitchen knife, Adeline slices a piece of roast from a fairly good sized chunk of meat that sits on the bar alongside potatoes, bread, butter and several slices of cheese. Placing the meat on her plate, which already holds the other food items, Adeline picks up a small glass of wine and heads toward the table to join the rest of the crew who already have their meals in front of them.

"Sorry I'm late" she rolls her eyes as she places her food and glass onto the table and maneuvers into a chair that is likewise bolted to the floor "His lordship requested room service again, and his brat of a son keeps asking for the Docs services"

Taking a bite of meat, Adeline follows it up with a sip of wine before she continues "Says he needs some meds or he's going to get some sort of Jump Sickness. His registration doesn't include any prescriptions though so I told him he's going to have to wait until the Doc can see him and that might not be until sometime tomorrow.

I don't know if you all heard Maiokus earlier over the internal comms but we may have a passenger with some substance issues here, and I'm not terribly enthusiastic about this ships level of security being that this kid managed to get out once already."

She takes another bite of roast, tears off some bread and takes a longer sip of wine "Anyway… I don't work for free you know" she says as she glances around the table with her eyes coming to rest on Silver "And I seriously doubt our new sensors/comms partner does either. So what are we looking at in terms of compensation here?"

Looking to Loriel "I hope someone's cautioned you about the Sensor console being a bit… touchy? Seems only right that someone let her know what she's getting into here. Are you going to be doing working passage or are you planning on being a more permanent member of the crew?"

23rd Mar, 2016 - 9:49am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Gaden begins to dig into his meal of bread and meat, the latter of which has been copiously spiced. "Kid's just looking for a fix," he says to Adeline around a mouthful of food. "This could be a problem though if he's a heavy user. Saw it back in the day with Pixie Dust, some of the boys would barely last a day before the shakes would hit them." Putting down his fork and knife, he takes a heavy pull from his glass. "A junkie desperate for a fix might be a danger to the other passengers," he says wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

To Loriel: "Don't think emergency take offs and impromptu shoot outs with the authorities are standard ops on the Wild Card Ma'am. We only break them out for the people we really like" he says with a broad grin. "We may look a little hodgepodge, but we haven't started shooting each other yet!"

To Maiokus: "I can try and keep a tail on the kid if you want, not doing much else at the moment"

To Silver: "That is unless you having something pressing on your to do list for me Patron?"

23rd Mar, 2016 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus takes drink from his wine glass and smacks his lips. "Wine is too sweet for me, but damn did I need a drink. Glad we decided to have a proper meal tonight." He gestures to his crumb and grease stained plate.

He raises his glass and looks at the crew, "To a messy job completed and to the new crew members."

He leans back, and winces as he brings his elbow to rest on his bruises from the firefight on Ruie. He shifts again and says, "Well, Gaden's right. Addicts are not very fun to be around. We could put him in isolation, but with his skills there is no guarantee that he won't break out anyways." Maiokus pauses and thinks for a moment. "Perhaps we could put him to work? He has some skills, maybe we can give him something to do to keep his mind off it. Maybe he can upgrade our security software. The sensors unit is so old, we might as well replace it or upgrade it to a military version entirely so it doesn't fry Loriel."

Maiokus shrugs. "Adeline is right though. We got to fix up the Wildcard, but we also need to get paid. So, I propose we do a 80/20% split until we get the Wildcard upgraded and fixed up. 80% stays on the ship balance for bills and upgrades, and 20% is divided among the crew. What do you guys think?"

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 23rd Mar, 2016 - 12:57pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2016 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 79

When the concern for security and detaining the young noble arises, Silver attempts to recall schematics of The 'Card. "Anyone know if there are other exits out of the staterooms, ductwork, utilities, and such? My concern comes to the other avenues of escape we have or need to deny."

Nodding to Gaden and Krakrefr, "I would suggest an armed security detail or patrols within the high and mid berth sections. Keep our personal mics and comms hot."

"Adeline and Loriel if you are planning to stay with us, then you can secure and have assigned personal comms as well. Just get them from the bridge."

Turning his mic back on, Silver continues "Thank you for trying to get information on the comms between the Zenith and her boarding party. I was concerned that something from the past may have resurfaced and may have hindered the rest of us and The 'Card."

"The 'Card needs some serious TLC. She is holding together, but barely." Bringing out a clipboard that he brought with him from the bridge, "Would electrical be the first area to addressed? What comes after that?"

"Maiokus, I believe 80/20 would grant us the funds we needed to get some of the major issues addressed. Let us get the cargo delivered."

23rd Mar, 2016 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 79

Rebel over...

Njall has been working on his meal, not liking to talk while eating. Finished, he clears his palate with a couple of healthy swigs of wine:

"You know my feelings on splitting the income. Wildcard gets first call. Mortgage, fuel, life support, maintenance, repairs. Wages. Upgrades. Anything left, equal split. Ship and shareholder crew divvy up, one share each."

"Perhaps our little lordling would like to play a game of 'hide from the angry Vargr'? Or 'Pirates and Princelings'? Seriously though, four of us bunk up on that deck, we ought to be able to keep an eye on the common area. Not sure about armed. Might spook the paying guests. We can send the Repair Robot into the ducts from his room. Put in a camera from the empty Low bay. Keep someone on duty, watching the common areas on Vid feed. "

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 23rd Mar, 2016 - 10:42pm

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,