Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 85 of 149

Shuth has a single goal in mind for the rest - Page 85 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2016 - 1:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2016 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 85

Shuth will give him a small dose of stims to keep his jitters down a bit but not enough to get him where he would like to be. For an explanation the doc tells him, "I can not give you a lot of stim right now because of the cocktail of stims and other drugs in your system. You are on the verge of a over load and that could be fatal to you. I will however give you small doses here and there until we can get a clean drug test out of you."

Out of Character: he is in no real danger but he does not know that and Shuth will not tell him that he is cleaning him up.

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2016 - 4:12am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: "Colonel Gaden Baenre" he says taking a seat next to Gwyneth, "But I just go by Gaden these days." He pauses for a moment and then ruefully says "They allows tell you that the marines gives and takes. Turns out it finally took too much from this grunt. The civilian life didn't much suit me though so I signed up with the 'Card." Surveying the rest of the passengers in the common area, he returns his gaze to Gwyneth. "We happen to be running an errand for one of those Whanga scientists at the moment." Gaden scratches his chin and says thoughtfully, "This Captain Koi sounds familiar. How long have they been running ops planetside? Also, if there is anything you need aboard the ship just let me know, one marine to another," he says with a smile.

1st Apr, 2016 - 7:12am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus listens to Silver's suggestion and nods in agreement. "I'm sure that's something we can work out. We can brainstorm some words and phrases that are easy to remember. In the mean time we should consider comm security upgrades on our handhelds."
Maiokus will have a bite to eat before relieving Krakrefr on security detail.

Since the M-drive diagnostic was completed, Maiokus will spend the remainder of his free time studying comms again.

1st Apr, 2016 - 9:49am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 85 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Muttering imprecations against the character and morals of previous crews of the Wildcard Njall sets about retrieving the disabled 'Bot. Once he locates the thing ans removes the panels he calls the bridge to shut off power to the sensors temporarily while he extricates the machine and repairs any faulty wiring in the duct. That done he tells bridge to restore power and, if no problems occur, brings the failed robot back to the bridge along with the necessary tools and gets to work restoring function to it.

1st Apr, 2016 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Gaden

Gwyneth thinks for a moment before responding "As far as I know they added the security detail within the last few years, I'm guessing in preparation for the arrival of the first colonists which is supposed to be happening within the next couple of years or so."

She thanks you for your offer and tells you that she doesn't need anything at present, but she encourages you to look her up if you are ever in the Whanga system again and says that she will introduce you to the Captain if you would like. (Add Gwyneth as a minor contact).

Throughout the remainder of the trip Gwyneth converses with Gaden on occasion swapping war stories.

Shuth
Your treatments do help reduce the young man's jitters though he continues to complain that it's not enough and that he still suffers withdraws. He complains of "Chronic" pain in his abdomen but your experience tells you that he is most likely shopping for pain meds as your examination does not reveal any GI problems or conditions that would cause intense/chronic pain.

During the remainder of the trip you continue to monitor him and treat his withdraw symptoms through small doses of stims. You see him eyeing sickbay, probably scouting it out to see if there is any chance of slipping away with meds but you keep a close eye on him and he never appears to have the opportunity to take anything. Daily inventory confirms that no medications are missing.

Njall
You spend a good hour crawling through the tight space that is the access tunnel in order to get to the repair bot. You find it caught up in a mess of wiring which takes you another hour or so to get the thing out without causing further damage. You can see where the wiring is frayed as a result of the repair bot getting caught and you carefully repair the damaged wiring before retreating out of the access tunnel with the repair bot.

Make a routine (+2DM) mechanics check to successfully repair the robot and bring it back online. A marginal failure will mean that you do bring the repair bot back online but it will suffer a -1DM to all its repair checks; an average failure will mean that you failed to bring it back online due to missing parts that are unavailable until you get to a starport that is Class the or better (At which point the bot will be repaired without further rolls needed); an exceptional failure will mean that the robot is damaged beyond repair.

Krakrefr
Tristan doesn't seem to get the message at first until you push him away and tell him to go bother the doc, he responds with a scoff "Freakin rude man!" he says as he makes his way back to his state room "Stupid mutt" he mutters just loud enough for you to hear before he disappears back to his room.

All
Is there anything that anyone wants to do, or did I miss anything, before we move on? Unless there is something else I plan on skipping forward to the Whanga system rather than describing each stop along the way.

3rd Apr, 2016 - 8:18am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Gaden spends the rest of the trip to Whanga socializing with the rest of the crew while not on watch. Breaking out a pack of cards, he amuses himself by performing tricks for the crew and passengers.

Out of Character: I'd be happy to move forward to Whanga, nothing I want to do in particular.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2016 - 10:02am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 85

Rebel over...

Njall, checking the roster, goes to find Krakrefr at the beginning of one of his non-sleep off shifts:

"Krakrefr, could you help me with this fried 'bot? You're a mechanic. I'm not really the man for this delicate work. My luck's out at the moment too. Bad Jump Bubble."

As well as watching and assisting with the 'bot job Njall spends the Jump time in study of the Sensor system and its wiring, taking instruction from Loriel as opportunity allows.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2016 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 85

Shuth has a single goal in mind for the rest of the trip. He will get the kid off drugs and clean. No other special actions.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,