Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 95 of 149

Ajit is trying his best to work with the sensors, - Page 95 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 6th May, 2016 - 5:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
5th May, 2016 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 95

Rebel over...

Out of Charcter: Just to prevent the game from being help up too much, I am going to roll a sensors check, but if it is decided that Ajit should not be on sensors, but doing something else, then we can ignore it.
In Character: Having followed Gaden to the bridge, Ajit sees that they don't really have anyone monitoring the sensors properly, and volunteers his services. He explains how on these older ships you sometimes gotta coax her just right to get the sensors working properly. During the jump, Ajit makes idle chit-chat with Maiokus as he monitors the course, making small adjustments. After the jump, Ajit mans the sensors and does his best to get them working properly being creative in his approach.

2nd Out of Character: I have him using intelligence (+2) and sensors (+2) along with the presented Dungeon Master (-3) to give an overall +1 Dungeon Master.

Ajit Akash Gadhavi Results:
  • Sensors (Int) Check on D12 (+1): 7 (1 roll, as D2-12)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th May, 2016 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Silver seeing Ajit step to the controls, reaches over reassuringly.

"Only The 'Card will ever stop you. She didn't like the way the last Sensor Operator handled her and she cooked him."

"Relax, I see that you understand her like I remember her. Trying to restore some of her dignity will be absolutely imperative. Anything you can do to help that along will be most welcome."

Noticing a break in Ajit's operations of the sensors, Silver extends his right hand, "In case I failed to introduce myself, Marq Frazure. Captain of The Wildcard only because my relationship with her is longer than anyone elses. Feel free to call me Captain or Silver or any other name that comes to mind."

Pointing around the bridge in a gesture of introductions,

"Maiokus. Njall."

Looking behind where he is leaning on the observation rail, Silver gestures to those behind him.

"You have already met our resident nobleman, Gaden."

Pointing to Krakrefr, "Every good ship has a good looking non-human. Krakrefr fits that roll."

"You spoke earlier to Adeline, our stewardess"

"Last but not least, the good luck charm of The 'Card, Doctor Shuth. He runs a loss free cryo storage for low berth that, well is unbelievable."

"Maiokus and Njall take care of most of the ship operations."

"Gaden and Krakrefr deal with security and engineering."

"And I am the literal face for the crew."

5th May, 2016 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

Njall looks up from the pilot station:

"Hi Ajit. Welcome aboard. That sensor array is help together by hopes and curses. If it goes down, be very careful - means you're in among the curses."

6th May, 2016 - 6:52am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 95 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

Maiokus raises his cup of coffee in greeting from his seat at the Navigation unit. "Welcome aboard, Ajit."

"So Cap, how many passengers did we take on today?"

6th May, 2016 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Cheered by the warm greetings he received, Ajit tries to get the sensors station as under control as he can. As Marq introduced himself and all the other members of the crew on the bridge, Ajit waves and bobs his head as a greeting to each. He is a little unnerved hearing that the last sensors operator got 'fried' as Marq put it, but Ajit was sure that he could handle it and possibly get it back up to full operation.

Out of Character:I am not sure how much of questions you handle out of character in this thread and how much you prefer to be handled in the other thread, but I will post this here for now, and you can respond here or the other thread and I'll know. Whenever there is a break and Ajit gets a chance, what kind of check would it be to maybe try to repair and bring the sensors up to full functionality again?

6th May, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

This is The Cynic, over...

Maiokus notices Ajit inspecting the sensors unit and chuckles. "That hardware is so old, we need a full replacement at this point. Just make sure the covers are on the wiring so it doesn't fry you like it did to the first guy."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2016 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 95

The Referee relays...

As the Wildcard falls out of jump space just outside the 100 diameter mark of Alell, Ajit begins tracking various inbound and outbound contacts, most of which are at long range. Comms chatter is standard, filled primarily with requests to dock at the starport. As the ship continues toward the planet, however Ajit notes an anomaly a mere 1,500km to the ships starboard aft. Taking a few moments to focus the aging sensors he begins to get a more clear picture of what the anomaly is; he believes it is a ship that does not seem to be transmitting its IFF signal… a bad sign.

Ajit continues to work the sensor panel until a recognizable signature appears. It looks to be a Type S Scout on an intercept course to the Wildcard and is quickly closing the gap.

6th May, 2016 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 95

Rebel over...

Ajit is trying his best to work with the sensors, occasionally having to use the old tried and true method of 'percussive maintenance' to get the screens to quit showing so much 'snow' as to scramble the display. Finally he gets the sensors to behave and notices a Type S Scout on intercept, which he quickly calls out to the crew "I found a Type S Scout with no IFF signal on an intercept course about 1,500 km to the starboard aft." He keeps monitoring the errant ship trying to ascertain how much time they have to react and what the best course of action is.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,