Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 16 of 84

QUOTE Can I use also Jack of all Trades+1 - Page 16 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 25th Jan, 2016 - 1:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
22nd Jan, 2016 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 16

This is The Cynic, over...

Yeah perhaps try to reverse the jammers? Is that possible? I think us at the ship are sitting tight waiting for you guys to finish up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Time for Krakrefr to earn his pay. Reverse Thrusters, All ahead full.

Silver will pull security while Krakrefr gets the Jammers figured out. If noting else, power down the Jammers. If all else fails, we can blow it up.

22nd Jan, 2016 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

Before we can move ahead I need the damage rolls for Silver's attacks. The attacks did hit but I have no damage associated with them so I don't know if they were debilitating or not. Due to the surprise I did allow for a killing blow on the soldier behind the tracked vehicle as well as the ones in the hatch and the initial strike on the soldier next to the vehicle, but Silver's initial attack missed the last remaining soldier so he was no longer surprised when the next attack came. Even though that attack hit I need a damage roll to determine if it was a debilitating attack.

I did an update to the opening post of the support thread regarding rules/policy; it is a work in progress, however. Note that players can declare their intended actions and describe what an attack may look like but posts regarding the actual outcome of any intended action is generally left to the Referee

international QUOTE
Like a well coreographed fight scene, Silver lunges forward as the blade extends, pinning the soldiers rifle between his body and the vehicle, and putting the extension of of his sword into the soldier's chest.

While this uses good descriptive language regarding the attack made, the problem is that the post was made before the results of the roll was visible. In this case the attack did hit, but because there was no damage roll we don't know the extent of the hit and the damage it may have caused. The post is making an assumption that the attack hits and that the damage is sufficient to warrant a hit to the chest resulting in death.

In a face to face game where the player is able to roll attack and damage and get the results immediately so that the Referee can let them know the results the above statement would be fine with me because I usually allow players to describe a killing blow when they make one. In play-by-post where there is a delay in the dice results, this is more difficult because we could end up with a bunch of posts describing actions that do not actually occur according to the result of the dice roll.

That being the case I would ask that players direct their posts more toward what they intend to happen rather than what actually does happen. In other words the above statement might look more like

"Silver lunges forward, extending the blade of his fold sword hoping to pin the soldier's rifle between his body and the vehicle while placing the extension of the sword into the soldiers chest"

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

I got carried away in the moment. So my apologies.

I also need to keep damage info a little closer so that I can add damage rolls. Not everything is going to be a coup de grace in combat.or something similar.

23rd Jan, 2016 - 3:36am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Silver I think you forgot to roll for damage when you made the athletics check.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2016 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know I did, but I can't seem to find what the damage rolls should be.

Athletics (MA) Unarmed
Foldsword.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2016 - 4:38am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 16

Hm I can't find it either. But the damage should be similar to a cutlass I imagine? Because it's likely smaller than a broadsword and larger than a rapier.

But it also has the electrical charge.

If we go with the cutlass a 2d6 + 4 with an additional damage roll for electrification against the enemies endurance check. If failed, probably take 2d6 additional stun damage maybe?

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 23rd Jan, 2016 - 4:39am

25th Jan, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 16

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
Can I use also Jack of all Trades+1 for both rolls as I do not have the skills?

The Jack of all Trades skill works a little bit differently in that rather than granting you a bonus on a skill it reduces the penalty for not having the skill. You can use it on those skills but with a Jack of all Trades skill of 1 you would only suffer a -2DM on the roll.

As far as the damage for the fold sword I can't find a stat either but I think we can go with 2d6+5; I don't want to make it too overpowered though it is a rare weapon with a significant advantage in that it is fairly easy to hide and still a potent weapon at the 2d6+5. The description of the fold sword doesn't include anything that would lead me to believe that it is electrically charged (Just very thin and sharp).

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 25th Jan, 2016 - 2:00am

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,