Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 25 of 84

Well. I also have a loan from the bank, but - Page 25 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th Feb, 2016 - 12:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2016 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 25

I try to play fair, even if my character is a sneaky [..].

The forklifts should help out in the future. One question with that. The forklifts electric or gas?

Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2016 - 1:28am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

Silver: Our total is 88 tons. So after the 23 tons of the compound we should have 64 tons left over when factoring in the forklifts as well.

We should consider keeping 23 tons free so we can scoop unrefined fuel and then refine it. Or we can buy fuel at starports. Depends on which is most important to us at this point, time or money. And I don't think the Mad Scientist is going anywhere.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2016 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Save Money for sure. The Mortgage is pretty steep. Do we have a home port, somewhere we can do business and repairs without being hounded and swindled?

18th Feb, 2016 - 10:25am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 25 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

We don't need cargo space to process fuel, unless we we want to install inflatable fuel-bladders to allow a second consecutive Jump. Bladders take 1% of their volume deflated and we probably need a B-Class Starport to fit them. Ordinary processing just refills the tanks. I takes time (To manoeuvre to and from the Gas Giant or ocean/lake, scoop and process) and, in the case of Giants, skill. Sometimes, if the Gasball is a long way out and there are passengers to be had, it's cheaper to buy fuel. A cargo ship like ours doesn't have the same time pressure, but if we Skim from a Gas Giant and visit the Mainworld in every system we might use a week out of every month. We'd save 33000Cr, but a full hold and full states might exeed that.

The journey to Whanga is three jumps: Forboldn, Knorbes, Whanga. Forboldn is D-Class 'Port, TL5, 2 Gas Giants. Knorbes is E-Class, TL2, 4 giants, Whanga E-Class, TL7, 4 Giants. So "A-scooping we shall go".

Our passengers - what is their destination? They pay different rates depending on distance travelled. Also, if we don't have to visit the mainworld, we could Jump to a Giant, refuel, Jump on. Just stock up on food and water before we set out.

international QUOTE
The price of passage varies depending on how far you want to go:
Parsecs Travelled :High :Middle :Low
1 Cr. 6,000 Cr. 3,000 Cr. 1,000
2 Cr. 12,000 Cr. 6,000 Cr. 1,200
3 Cr. 20,000 Cr. 10,000 Cr. 1,400
4 Cr. 30,000 Cr. 15,000 Cr. 1,600
5 Cr. 40,000 Cr. 20,000 Cr. 1,800
6 Cr. 50,000 Cr. 25,000 Cr. 2,000

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 18th Feb, 2016 - 10:29am

18th Feb, 2016 - 10:53am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Oh so it's simultaneous? I thought they were two seperate actions. Well that solves that problem then.

Yeah I was thinking of just scoop and jump as well. Get this mission over with and then deal with cuts and ship maintenance and upgrades at closes A class star port.

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 18th Feb, 2016 - 10:54am

18th Feb, 2016 - 11:41am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Rebel over...

Just remembered; If we take freight rather than speculative cargo we need to know the destination for that too. Cr. 1000 per dTon, +200 per parsec beyond first (So we really should only take 1 jump freight, but our route doesn't hold much hope of decent quantities of cargo to replace deliveries, so it won't matter too much this time).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Feb, 2016 - 11:53am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 25

Yeah. I think that in of itself is arbitrary and up to referee. Assuming these lots go to whanga?

18th Feb, 2016 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 25

This is Kanin, over...

Well. I also have a loan from the bank, but I hope to pay it with my pension. Faster travel time means more money into our pockets. Are the goods we will transport random selected by the captain? Have we checked sell prices in our destinations, so to get the most profitable from Ruie?

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,