Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 27 of 84

Why don't we just split the crew in - Page 27 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2016 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2016 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 27

Out of Character: : We using a 24 hour clock, correct?

This should work for everyone. Plan on lift off at 1200hrs the following day.

Adeline (Sleep at 0800hrs - up at 1700hrs, sleep at 2200hrs - up at 1000hrs.)

Shuth (Sleep at 0800hrs - up at 1700hrs, sleep at 2200hrs - up at 1000hrs.)

Maiokus (Sleep at 0600hrs - up at 1200hrs, sleep at 1600hrs - up at 2200hrs,)

Njall (Sleep at 0600hrs - up at 1400hrs, sleep at 2000hrs - up at 0400hrs)

Gaden (Sleep at 1200hrs - up 2000hrs, sleep at 0400hrs - up at 1100hrs)

Krakrefr (Sleep at 0600hrs - up at 1600hrs, sleep at 0000hrs - up at 0800hrs)

Silver (Sleep at 1400hrs - up at 2200hrs, sleep at 0400hrs - up at 1100hrs).

Sponsored Links:
22nd Feb, 2016 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

We are using a 24hr clock, yes. However is what you posted a general sleep schedule or does it apply to the day in question as well? The reason I ask is because everyone was still awake at 0930hrs on 019-1115 when you had the meeting on the bridge. So while the sleep schedule suggests that Gaden normally would sleep from 0600-1400 on the day in question he was actually awake and based on my last post he was still awake at 1245hrs. Obviously it is ultimately up to each player whether their characters are going to follow this schedule or not, but is what you posted going to be the "Normal" schedule?

It is helpful to have this schedule because during extended lengths of time (Like during jump travel) if something were to happen it would be good to know who is asleep and who is awake at the time.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2016 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

It is a suggestions and yes, it was based on the current day, prior to the fuel refining being finished.

I didn't look hard enough to know what time we convened our meeting on the bridge.

22nd Feb, 2016 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 27 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

I am ok with my character's sleep rotation. I have already posted it on the main quest too.

22nd Feb, 2016 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Looks like a pretty generous allotment of "Down-time", I'm happy with that. We'll probably be around a lot more than the schedule suggests - there is only so much sleep a body can have smile.gif.

22nd Feb, 2016 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

The Referee relays...

Maybe a better way to do this, and give me some idea of who is presumed to be active at any given time on the ship, would be for the crew to develop a work schedule and 'fire watch' schedule rather than a 'sleep schedule'; basically a period of time where it would be assumed that all crew members are available and at their respective stations along with a typical 'lights out' time for the ship in general and then a schedule for 'fire watch' after lights out (Assuming you decide you want to have a fire watch).

So if Krakrefr knows that 'lights out' is 2100hrs, then he has fire watch between 0100hrs and 0300hrs (Just an example), and then everyone is expected to be at their stations at like 0700hrs he would know that he could plan some time for rest before he has to be up for watch.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 22nd Feb, 2016 - 10:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2016 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 27

No complaints about 'fire watch', just waiting on the other crew to post their ideas.

I suffer from diarrhea of the brain when I write and it just keeps coming and coming.

My apologies to everyone else. Not meaning to step on toes or anything.

23rd Feb, 2016 - 3:41am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 27

This is The Cynic, over...

Why don't we just split the crew in half, with two ten hour shifts and then have one person on a firewatch duty to cover the four hours not covered by the others?

First rotation would be main roles. Second would be secondary.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,