Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 31 of 84

I've made an update to the opening - Page 31 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2016 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 31

So anyone remember if the dock has a release mechanism?

I am about ready to pull a Firefly maneuver and hijack us some "Federales". If they are on the ship, then we can be pretty certain they do not and that we do not have the disease.

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2016 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

TL7. Not a dock as such, just landing pads. And we were cleared for lift-off, so we're ready to go. Defenses: Missiles, no energy weapons. No space-capable fighters. If we make stratosphere we're pretty safe, orbit we're clear, and the Navy may back us up. Worth a try as a last resort. If they try to take anyone off the ship we go for it, but lets try diplomacy, persuasion and bribery first. Pity I wasted that double 6 on an aborted take-off, that would have got us out of the Starport.... ..

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 1st Mar, 2016 - 10:01pm

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2016 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Yeah Bindoner. Sad day when a crew tries to prevent intergalactic epidemics and ends up getting stranded in hell for it.

1st Mar, 2016 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 31 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Like Bindoner said, no docking clamps or anything like that, the Card is sitting on a landing pad outside a terminal similar to what one might find at an airport. Because I am a benevolent Referee though, I will not make Njall roll another Pilot check if you do decide to pound sand. I will use the double six so you can be relatively assured that you would make it to atmo if you decided to do that.

Attempting to persuade the agent to let the doc go through words or intimidation alone is going to be very difficult (-4DM) and based on Silver's persuade roll its unsuccessful. Using the Let it Ride rule you shouldn't roll another persuade check unless there has been a significant change in circumstances like attempted bribery or if the crew surrounds the men at gunpoint.

If you choose either of those just be aware of the consequences. You fail at bribery and the agent is going to attempt to arrest Silver as well as Doc and probably impound the Wildcard if he successful in doing that. If you fail at intimidation you're looking at a firefight and again possible arrest and impoundment of your ship.

1st Mar, 2016 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

6 guards. I'm flying. Loriel, Adeline and Shuth are non-combatants (Looking at skills and equipment - though if Loriel wants to arm herself the locker is full of rifles and a couple of shotguns…). The rest of you think you can suppress them?

In the old CT days the anti-hijack program could seal all un-authorised persons behind doors and bulkheads..lead them into a secure space, dodge out, computer shuts them in.... Use the scanning laser in the doors as a weapon too…

Aericsteele: I realise I may have seemed to be assuming too much in my last post: I left out the phrases "I seem to remember" and "I presume" with regard to the dock and defences respectively. Sorry, lax writing - made me sound like an authority instead of a pundit smile.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 2nd Mar, 2016 - 12:15am

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds like a CIA type of agent that is used to getting his way and is one that would resort to violence to see that his will is done. IF you lift off give a warning so we all can brace for the sudden acceleration and have a edge over the guards.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2016 - 8:17am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 31

This is The Cynic, over...

Well seems we have little choice. Either that or Shuth goes away for a long time.

2nd Mar, 2016 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 31

The Referee relays...

I've made an update to the opening post/policy page:
--A policy regarding character death has been added. I felt this was something that needed to be put out there given the current situation that the characters find themselves in, and the fact that we have had a character die.

--I've tweaked and updated the Let it Ride! And Dice Rolling & Task Resolution sections.

Please review these changes and feel free to ask questions or comment on them.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,