Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 40 of 84

From Gaden's character history it - Page 40 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 28th Mar, 2016 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
26th Mar, 2016 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 40

This is Kanin, over...

Can someone explain me how pension is payed or calculated? If I have calculated correctly I have to get 80K Cr. At the end of the month.

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2016 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

I think you only get a pension if you spend 5+ terms in one career, rather than serving 5+ terms total.

Regarding searching for leads on salvageable wrecks, would Streetwise be useful?

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 26th Mar, 2016 - 9:40pm

26th Mar, 2016 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is Kanin, over...

The pension rules are left vague on purpose, so I wait for what the referee will say. The rule of 5+ terms, some careers excluded, is a start but still, Mongoose has it vague.

26th Mar, 2016 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 40 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Fair enough. I'm more a CT man, and that colours my understanding. If MgT has purposely loosened things, fine. We're a decade on from CT's timeline too.

27th Mar, 2016 - 10:32am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

Krakrefr, it's after the 5th term in Mongoose as well mate.
Sorry I haven't posted much this weekend. Been a bit busy. Will get a proper post in soon.

international QUOTE
Retirement Pay
A character that leaves a service (Other than Scout, Rogue or Drifter) at the end of the 5th or later term of service is considered to have retired and receives retirement pay. This pension is paid at the beginning of each year, effective upon leaving the service, and may be collected at any class A or B starport.
Terms Pay
5 Cr. 10,000
6 Cr. 12,000
7 Cr. 14,000
8 Cr. 16,000
9+ +2,000 per term beyond 8

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 27th Mar, 2016 - 10:34am

27th Mar, 2016 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

The Referee relays...

To me the rule seems to suggest that retirement pay comes from five terms spent with a particular service and is connected more to the service than to the number of total terms.

international QUOTE
If I have calculated correctly I have to get 80K Cr. At the end of the month.

If you had competed five terms with a service you would only be getting Cr. 10,000 and that is paid out once per year rather than every month. You have to be at a class A or B starport to collect it as well.

international QUOTE
Regarding searching for leads on salvageable wrecks, would Streetwise be useful?

I think a successful Streetwise roll would allow your character to identify a possible underground source of information, though it may not give you the information by itself. In other words you could use Streetwise to track down someone in the underground who would know about salvage and derelicts and they you would be able to speak with that person and attempt to convince them to give you this information.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2016 - 4:45am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 40

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

What is Lord Trellnor's social standing? I can't tell by his title. But as Gaden is a baron, there is a chance he outranks him and that could help with the whole son situation.

28th Mar, 2016 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 40

The Referee relays...

From Gaden's character history it would appear that he gained +2 Social standing as part of his mustering out benefits, and that this was where he obtained the social standing necessary to have a noble title.

Going with the titles of nobility in the Wiki (Since the core book is more limited) I would say that Gaden falls within the Baronet class in that he has no territory and given his history, his nobility is based on prestige/service rather than heredity or land ownership. Odds are he would not technically outrank Lord Trellnor as Trellnor is a landed noble. Trellnor would technically outrank Gaden in terms of nobility (He is a full baron), the truth is that he has no real authority outside of his granted territory and/or his ability to utilize his peer relationships.

Also, looking at Shuth's character sheet it would appear that he also has a title of nobility as a knight, but again he has no land/territory; it is primarily a title given due to his heredity or his service. Again it looks like you received +1 Soc during one of your terms which suggests that Shuth gained this title in recognition of his service.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,