Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 43 of 84

Just a note, as there seems to be a little - Page 43 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 6th Apr, 2016 - 4:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
5th Apr, 2016 - 10:21am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 43

This is Kanin, over...

Ok, I did took inventory from our confrontation at the facility. The Referee can arrange what we get. Some are already verified.

*6 slug rifles, 1 shotgun, 6 mags with 30rds (180rds total), 1 grenade launcher attachment, 6 dressing-bandages (Verified)

*weapons and equipment from the radar ambush, (3 soldiers)

*flares and chaffs from the broken pod on Wildcard (We could have gone where it fell to salvage it, if we had time to spend in the area)

*my demo charges back from the radar vehicle (?)

*miscellaneous weapons and equipment left at the facility

*80 dead enemy soldiers in the ambush at the first landing zone. Whatever equipment they had. (I believe the referee will not accept that as it is overkill tongue.gif)

*weapons and equipment from the 12 dead soldiers riding the trucks

Whatever equipment and weapons we get I propose to sell the surplus. All are TL6.

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2016 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I think the best way to handle the situation overall would be to consider the ships locker stocked with weapons and armor at TL 6. Basically this would mean that the crew would have stocked it with items that could reasonably have been recovered as a result of the action on Ruie.

Rather than saying you recovered X number of field dressings rifles, flak jackets or MRE's etc. A character getting ready to leave the ship on a mission could state that they access the ship locker looking for these items that they may have recovered from Ruie. The items would be at TL 6, and again, would need to be reasonable; for example nothing like "My character goes to the ship locker to see if they recovered any Stinger Anti-Aircraft missiles from Ruie" as this would not be likely. But if they said "I access the ships locker to see if there is an extra rifle or shotgun that we picked up on Ruie" that would be reasonable.

Also, keep in mind that the ships locker is not a large storage facility that is going to be able to hold an excessive amount of these items. It is not purely a weapons locker that holds dozens of rifles and other weapons. It is designed to store only enough mundane items to provide for the basic needs of the crew, and these items include a variety of things beyond weapons and armor. Looking at the deck plan it suggests that the ships locker is no more than 1.5 x 1.5 meters or about 5x5 feet; that is a pretty small space to work with.

I believe you do have a little bit of cargo space left; if you want to sell some of the items, rather than going based on specific numbers I am willing to say that your savaging of the battlefield/soldiers would net you approximately one-half ton of basic weapons/armor (With a base price of 50,000 credits per ton); would this work?

5th Apr, 2016 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is Kanin, over...

I am fine with 50K Creds. Sell the weapons and we can arrange possible medical loot and the ammo we have left? Or I am too greedy? For sure we have more than enough weapons to hide in the Wildcard for those extreme emergencies.

5th Apr, 2016 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 43 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

I agree, sell for 50K. I also think Enerii should go for science. It's a good afterlife, helping others to live better. If you get a chance to sell Njall for parts when he's dead, he's all for that. Reuse, recycle.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 5th Apr, 2016 - 11:00pm

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2016 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Out of Character: Going through Enerii's personal effect, Silver finds an Organ Donor Card signed 2 months before we departed for Ruie. "Hey guys, looks like Enerii gave us a way to take care of his body."

50K is good. How will the weapons stashes work? Let Krakrefr and Gaden determine logical places and equipment to be stored there?

What maintenance can be done for The 'Card now?

Silver is more concerned that Adeline keep his secrets and he might have agreed to 5K a month to have her keep quiet. That woman can weasel out the most complicated secrets out of a clam. Nothing is safe with her.

Sad thing about Loriel. Hopefully the Sergeant from the Fiends fairs better.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2016 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That sounds good to me plus all the basic medical bandages that all troops carry with them will help my stock some too. I think you may not want to sale a lot of it as we may need it later on. Maybe half?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2016 - 3:18am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 43

This is The Cynic, over...

The ship's locker sounds and plan with the extra loot sounds good to me.

Did we gain those skills we were training ref?

6th Apr, 2016 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 43

The Referee relays...

Just a note, as there seems to be a little misunderstanding and I apologize if I didn't do a very good job of making it clear, you have one-half ton of weapons/armor and the base price for a full ton is 50k; this is basically an opportunity for speculative trading rather than an outright offer from Whanga.

You will have enough weapons to fill your ship locker and stash some around the ship (Within reason) and still have the 1/2 ton of cargo to sell.

international QUOTE
What maintenance can be done for The 'Card now?

Unfortunately, on a frontier installation, there really isn't any maintenance that can be done

international QUOTE
Did we gain those skills we were training ref?

You will have to remind me what skills you were training; you can do this by posting it on your character sheet in the character stats section and I will go through them. It depends on the skills being learned because some (Like gun combat) would not reasonably be able to be trained under current circumstances. For example, you cannot really set up a firing range to practice gun combat when your cargo hold is full.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,