Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 45 of 84

So we have Njall and the Doc to hear from - Page 45 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 9th Apr, 2016 - 6:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2016 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 45

Figured you would come with Krakrefr. Pull security and if you want to make a friend, we give you the time to do so after the transaction is complete.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2016 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Two trips 100% recovery on the low berth occupants. I think I should get a low berth recovery bonus now. laugh.gif.

7th Apr, 2016 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

I think the Lottery pot is yours at the very least:

international QUOTE
It is customary for the captain to contribute Cr10 out of each low passage towards a lottery.
Each low passenger randomly guesses the number of low passengers who will survive the trip.

The ship's steward administers the lottery.

If the winner does not himself survive, the captain receives the money.

Looking forward to hearing the Doctors next proposal. At the least it should be an interesting trip.

Looking into 5th Frontier War I didn't find much detail: heavy fighting at Efate, some at Alell, apparently ground action. Mentions of damage to facilities in GURPS Starports (GURPS is an alternate timeline, but not wildly divergent on FFW - it didn't do the rebellion basically.)

international QUOTE
Alell/Regina is just beginning to recover from the Fifth Frontier War. Although the downport was not destroyed in the conflict, it did suffer a great deal of damage. Currently a public relations campaign is under way to restore Alell’s prestige in the tourism market.
--
One of the newest stations in the Marches, the Grande High Terminal was built to replace the previous port, which was severely damaged in the Fifth Frontier War.

From the Don McKinney Integrated Timeline:

international QUOTE
180-1109 An expanded six-battalion 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment operates on Forboldn (Spinward Marches 1807), Alell (Spinward Marches 1706), Efate (Spinward Marches 1705) and Victoria (Spinward Marches 1817). Spinward Marches Campaign, GDW, 1985, p. 38.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 7th Apr, 2016 - 11:42pm

8th Apr, 2016 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 45 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

Found on Vargr module

international QUOTE
Gaining & Losing Charisma
A Vargr character’s Charisma can change during the course of the game as long as they are responsible for the success or failure of any given task; if a character is using their initiative and making choices, the οutcome of those decisions can raise or lower their Charisma. For example, a pilot who misjumps due to a damaged jump drive would not be responsible for the failure, whereas a pilot who destroys a superior vessel due to clever thinking and good piloting would be responsible for the success and therefore would have a chance to increase their Charisma.

Charisma Gain: Providing the character is responsible for a noteworthy success where they have shown initiative or completed a task against difficult odds, the character makes a Difficult (–2 Dungeon Master) Charisma check. If successful, they increase their Charisma by 1.

Charisma Loss: If the character is responsible for a significant failure, the character makes a Difficult Charisma check. If they fail, they reduce their Charisma by 1.

When making these checks, it is important that the character has earned the gain or deserved the loss either through their actions or decisions. Referees may also change the task difficulty of these checks as appropriate to the significance of the outcome. For example, a character who saves the pack by spotting a trap and taking out the enemy might have a task difficulty of Average when making the Charisma check.

Characters making Charisma checks of this kind can use Leadership if they have the skill and it is appropriate to the situation. For example, a pack leader who fails in his duties can use his Leadership skill (Including the Charisma Dungeon Master) to avoid losing Charisma. The pack mentality of the Vargr means that they require leadership in order to function effectively so anytime a pack leader loses Charisma or if the leader is injured or killed, the pack will look for new leadership. The new leader will usually be the most Charismatic member of the pack but this can be tied and other individuals might join the struggle for power. If the new leadership is contested, everyone vying for the position makes a Charisma or Leadership check and the person with the highest roll wins the battle for leadership and instantly gains 1 Charisma (No check required).
A pack leader who is stripped of his position must reduce their Charisma by 1 without making a Charisma or Leadership check. This reduction is in addition to the Charisma loss of the failure itself.

Also concerning Vargr interactions with other races:
international QUOTE
NON-VARGR CHARISMA
For situations where humans or other races are interacting with Vargr, it might become necessary to make Charisma checks for non-Vargr characters. For the purpose of such tests, treat all non-Vargr as having
Charisma equal to one quarter of their Social Standing (Rounded down).

So my Charisma/Social Standing is an active stat and I should roll it after each difficult Dungeon Master.

9th Apr, 2016 - 5:20am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

I think the best course of action may be to go the higher TL system and do maintenance and upgrades, then perhaps take a detour to look for derelicts. In any case we should see what the new mission for the Mad Scientist may be. Lets not forget to sell the 1/2 ton weapons though before we leave to meet with him.

In case anyone is waiting for me to post before going forward, I have nothing to add in the main thread at the moment.

9th Apr, 2016 - 5:30am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

Same here, Gaden doesn't have much to add at this point unless things go south. And I agree we should at least hear out this next mission.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Apr, 2016 - 7:30am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 45

This is Kanin, over...

I believe that we should repair and upgrade before any new mission. Let's hear what other needs th Doc has.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2016 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 45

So we have Njall and the Doc to hear from about further employ with the Mad Scientist.

I have no problems taking another assignment, as long as we can get the majority of the details and information up front. Ruie sucked.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,