Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 56 of 84

I finally managed to put up a rough map that - Page 56 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 25th May, 2016 - 10:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 24th May, 2016 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 56

They have a open airlock connected to our ship someone needs to hit the close door button before we lose our air too. Just saying.

Sponsored Links:
24th May, 2016 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Safety systems should prevent the outer door opening without the inner closed I'd think. I don't think they'll have time to override the controls. The bridge should lock the airlock in it's current state though, stop them closing the lock with Silver inside and cycling for exit. That's something for Adeline to do…

25th May, 2016 - 6:23am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

Holy cow. Krakrefr and the Ref killed that detonation scene! What a gruesome pleasure to read!

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry for being somewhat inactive these days. Been super busy with classes and work. Will get back on the horse today.

25th May, 2016 - 11:00am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 56 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

So, now I am looking at a small hole that I cannot fit through? Can I shoot the glass to open it more or I just sit there?

25th May, 2016 - 11:34am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

I am waiting until Ref says its Ajit's turn to post anything, but that explosive scene was good. With the pressure equalized, I would imagine that the glass should be as easy as any other thick glass to break (Which is to say if you shot it, it should widen the hole). You might have to shoot a 'perferation' in it and then kick that a few times to get a decent hole in there, but again it should be doable.

25th May, 2016 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
So, now I am looking at a small hole that I cannot fit through? Can I shoot the glass to open it more or I just sit there?

On your next turn you can try to widen the hole or shatter the glass further by shooting it or striking with a blunt object. I'm not an expert when it comes to the construction/design of spaceship windows but I would imagine that it's not the same thing as breaking out the window of a car. To operate in the environment of space and in high speeds through atmosphere I would imagine the glass would have to be fairly robust which is why I did not have the plastic explosives shatter the window outright. You should be able to use your next action to widen the hole enough for Krakrefr to fit through and then use a move action to actually get inside though.

Now that the action has started though, we are working with the fairly small increment of time that a round represents. And I don't want to have everyone describe several actions ahead of time because the situation can change significantly with each characters actions, and I want the PCs to be able to respond to those changes. Unfortunately this will slow things down a little bit in the Play By Post environment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th May, 2016 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 56

Rebel over...

Just so you know for the future:

international QUOTE (Corning Museum of Glass)
The space shuttle has triple paned, optical-quality windows. Thirty-seven window panes in eleven different sizes and shapes are produced for each Orbiter. The fused silica outer panes of the forward windshields are designed to withstand high atmosphere reentry temperatures. The inner, tempered alumino-silicate glass pane is called the pressure pane. It is designed for maximum strength to withstand the shuttle's cabin pressure in the vacuum of space. The thick fused silica middle pane is capable of withstanding both the reentry temperature and the cabin pressure.

It is aluminosilicate glass and fused silica glass, about .6 inches, 3 inches, and 1.5 inches thick from the outside in. Aluminosilicate glass is just as brittle as regular glass. Fused silica glass is pure SiO2 (No additives), so it is standard glass (Not like Pyrex or anything) and will shatter as well. The main things that lends these materials their strength is their thickness. They are heat resistant, but still can't withstand direct entry into an atmosphere. The main problem with glass is as soon as you introduce one crack, the entire thing quickly splitters and breaks.

Now this is all current technology, not Traveller age technology, so I don't know what to say about the actual spaceshield we are up again, just giving you some perspective from current technology, in case that helps.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 25th May, 2016 - 6:20pm

25th May, 2016 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 56

The Referee relays...

I finally managed to put up a rough map that shows my understanding of where everyone is based on your posts and the action so far. Let me know about any inaccuracies. Obviously Krakrefr is not on there because he is getting ready to board the other ship.

I just realized that I did not include Gaden on the key; your character is the lavender dot in the lower left corner of the cargo bay.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 25th May, 2016 - 10:08pm

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,