Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 60 of 84

Ok, I see it now. Just remember to update - Page 60 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 15th Jun, 2016 - 3:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
7th Jun, 2016 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 60

Rebel over...

Silver: When you are recovered enough to fire the thing (Commiserations on your snake eyes):

Body pistol from Core Book:

international QUOTE
Body Pistol: Body pistols are manufactured from plastics and cultured bone, making them very difficult to detect using conventional weapons scanners. Body pistols increase the difficulty of Sensors checks to detect them to Very Difficult (-4).

Body Pistol TL8 Range:Ranged (Pistol), Damage: 3d6-3, No Auto, -1 Recoil, negligible mass, 6 round magazine Gun 500 Cr., ammo 20 Cr. Per 6

CSC:

international QUOTE
Body Pistol (TL 8): A small, non-metallic semi automatic pistol designed to evade detection by most weapon detectors. The weapon is fed from a detachable box magazine containing 6 rounds. Body pistol ammunition is typically of very small (5mm) calibre and is not inter changeable with the ammunition for any other type of weapon.
It is made of the same non-metallic materials as the pistol and is designed to be diffi cult to detect. Body Pistols are not silent, though silenced versions are possible.

Stats same as core, but mass now 0.4 Kg

Should Njall go EVA via the "Turret" position and enter the Type S via its turret/engine room/belly hatch?

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 7th Jun, 2016 - 10:45pm

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2016 - 12:04am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Ajit: for interrogation in basic MgT Persuade is favourite. Social Science: Psychology, Streetwise or Diplomat will do if you pitch it right. The Mercenary book brings in the interrogation skill.

9th Jun, 2016 - 11:16am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

Yea I had read online that other books brought in the skill, but a) I didn't know if we were using those other books and b) I don't have them to look further into it. I didn't know which skill to use in place, so thank you for your input.

Aericsteele, do you want me to roll a persuasion check? It'll just be a strait 2d6 roll, though I could see a gun combat roll maybe adding a modifier, since I am using the gun to intimidate him more. Would that be modified by strength, intelligence, or Social characteristics? I would say intelligence because that is Ajit's strong point, so he would try to trick the guy into talking more than just straight intimidate him or 'out-class' him.

11th Jun, 2016 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Page 60 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I think the Persuade skill would be the most appropriate. The skill definition references bluffing, intimidation, bribery, etc.

13th Jun, 2016 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Alright, well to avoid messing with the order of things in the main thread, I'll roll here. Going for an intimidating persuasion roll. I will roll Gun Combat too, so Ajit can use the gun to intimidate his target more. However I am not sure what the base skills should be. So I will throw up the rolls and let you decided how much to modify them.

For Gun Combat I have a +1 from skills for sure. I am not sure if you want to use something like dexterity (+0), strength (+0), or intelligence (+2) as the base characteristic. Assuming that goes well, hopefully it can modify the persuasion (Intimidation) check, which I assume will be based on strength (+0), but I think knowing the right things to say and kind of feeling your way through it (Aka an intelligence characteristic) would be more helpful (+2). But I have no training (Ranks) in persuasion, so I guess a -3 is needed.

Ajit Akash Gadhavi Results:
  • Gun Combat on D12 (+0): 9 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Persuasion on D12 (+0): 11 (1 roll, as D2-12)

14th Jun, 2016 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

The Referee relays...

Njall's character sheet still shows him as wearing a flak jacket and no Vac suit. I'm assuming he does have a Vac suit but I'm not sure where you referenced him donning it. Could you provide me with a link to the post in which he donned the Vac suit so I can verify that before he goes EVA?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jun, 2016 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 60

Rebel over...

Posted on page 55. I forgot to update the character sheet. I think I was asking if that was alright, then things moved on.... I'll take either situation - HEV of not. Of course, if it's non-Vacc suit then Njall moves to the locker where the suits and the toolkits are and either dons his suit or fetches tools to open the airlock as appropriate. Either way, not really contributing to trhis round.

15th Jun, 2016 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 60

The Referee relays...

Ok, I see it now. Just remember to update the character sheet please. I will post something hopefully tomorrow.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,