Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 69 of 84

I'm actually looking at having some - Page 69 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 24th Aug, 2016 - 2:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
8th Aug, 2016 - 4:26am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 69

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

Sorry for the late post. Gaden will be sticking around, been a fun adventure so far. I like the idea of a write up but I'll need a bit to do so. Just like Maiokus, I'm on break to but I'll be working a lot more. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2016 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Ok, good so it looks like it's not just me who has been somewhat overwhelmed by other obligations lately and needs a short breather/respite.

10th Aug, 2016 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

I apologize for my extended absence, I was at a conference and unable to update until now. I plan to continue with Ajit (Though he has only been around a short time). The skill point for a summary doesn't sound bad, though as you point out, it is fairly short for Ajit. I'll try to add some more info about background and stuff from leaving the military until he joined the Wildcard, and then his perspective on the Wildcard adventure.

As for a break, feel free to take whatever time you need. If you need some help, just let me know and I'll do what I can. I am very good at separating character knowledge from my knowledge and I tend to forget things very quickly on my end anyways.

But I'll go catch up on the in-game thread now to see what all I missed.

16th Aug, 2016 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 69 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

In moving forward with the game it would be helpful to me for the players to give me some input on the direction they would like to see this go. What kind of role do they see the crew of the Wildcard playing? So far it has been something of a mix between a free trader plying the Main just trying to make the mortgage payments and mercenary work. Do the players want to place more of an emphasis on either of those?

One suggestion would be; rather than simply plying the Main with the Referee throwing obstacles in the mix once in a while, we could do more of an episodic format. Maybe it would work if the crew declares a "Flight path" in the support thread then I could state what trade goods/passengers are available at the worlds along the flight path. The crew could then decide what they want to trade or the freight they want to haul.

Doing this may clean up the Main Thread and keep it reserved for the current "Episode." Logistics and trade could be handled in the support thread while the main "Story" as it were could be handled in the Main Thread. By doing this it might make it easier to get that "Episode" type of feel because the Main Thread would be focused more on the obstacles and challenges that arise in between the mundane trading and freight hauling since logistics would be handled more in the support thread. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2016 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Not being very versed in the traveler game I will let the others decide the path. I Think a dedicated path to follow sounds like a good way to go.

17th Aug, 2016 - 11:25am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

Rebel over...

I am in the same boat as KNtoran, I haven't played Traveler before, so I'll let others decide, but have the logistics handled 'off screen' and keeping the 'meat and potatoes' in the main thread sounds like a good plan to me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Aug, 2016 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 69

This is The Cynic, over...

That seems like an interesting set up, I'm willing to give it a go once we start getting geared up for the next episode.

24th Aug, 2016 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 69

The Referee relays...

I'm actually looking at having some decent time pass between the last adventure and the next one. The next 'episode' will probably take place around 001-1116 (I used the new year for simplicity but the actual date may be different). Either way, if the crew could give me some idea of their plans regarding trade, maintanence, etc. Up to that point I will prepare the next episode and hopefully be able to kick off around Saturday or Sunday this week. But, giving me an idea of the ships route will help me develop the next adventure.

If I don't get any feedback, or insufficient feedback by the end of this week then I will assume a basic run-of-the-mill freight hauling operation along the Main.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,